Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The rated transfer speeds of the 94331CD compared to the 94360CD are significantly different. Your card has wireless 802.11N while the 94360CD is wireless 802.11AC and can theoretically hit speeds of 1300 Mb/s. Your card only 450 Mb/s.

Quite the jump up! Worth upgrading soon.

The rated transfer speeds of the 94331CD compared to the 94360CD are significantly different. Your card has wireless 802.11N while the 94360CD is wireless 802.11AC and can theoretically hit speeds of 1300 Mb/s. Your card only 450 Mb/s.

Like this?

Having a couple initial issues I can't seem to sort out. Any help would be appreciated:

1: When I disable CSM support BIOS nor Clover EFI will boot using my Sapphire RX 570. With CSM Support enabled I get into BIOS both just fine on the 570. With CSM disabled only the internal graphics seem to work.

2: When booting to Clover using the internal graphics w/ CSM support disabled OR with CSM support enabled and using the 570, and select Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave, I keep getting stuck at a "kextd Stall (240s) 'AppleACPICPU'". I get the stall 3 times and then black screen.

Double checked the config.plist and tried using the config.plist CaseySJ attached in another post.

Last edited:
Having a couple initial issues I can't seem to sort out. Any help would be appreciated:

1: When I disable CSM support BIOS nor Clover EFI will boot using my Sapphire RX 570. With CSM Support enabled I get into BIOS both just fine on the 570. With CSM disabled only the internal graphics seem to work.

2: When booting to Clover using the internal graphics w/ CSM support disabled OR with CSM support enabled and using the 570, and select Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave, I keep getting stuck at a "kextd Stall (240s) 'AppleACPICPU'". I get the stall 3 times and then black screen.

Double checked the config.plist and tried using the config.plist CaseySJ attached in another post.

It would be helpful if you either uploaded the config.plist or reference the specific post from where you downloaded it. Also, show which kexts, drivers64UEFI and SSDTs you're using.

It would be helpful if you either uploaded the config.plist or reference the specific post from where you downloaded it. Also, show which kexts, drivers64UEFI and SSDTs you're using.

attached. I haven't done anything with SSDTs

Also, MB BIOS is F6

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.59.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.59.42 PM.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.59.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.59.53 PM.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hello Kalypso,

Because you're using on-board HDMI port, it will boot to a black screen when we set the device-id to 0x3E9B or 0x3E92 (or even 0x3E98 in 10.14.4). This is because macOS thinks that all of the video ports on the Designare are DisplayPort, so it sends the wrong signal type to the HDMI connector.

If you don't have a separate graphics card and must therefore use only the iGPU, I recommend buying and using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable. You can plug this cable into either of the 2 USB-C ports on the rear IO panel and they will work.

But if you must use HDMI, you should set IntelGFX to something fake such as 0x12345678. This will turn off iGPU acceleration, but this also enables the HDMI port. In post-installation you can add the Framebuffer connector patch described here to properly accelerate the iGPU and enable HDMI at the same time.

If you can compress and upload the CLOVER folder from the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD, I can audit it for you.

@CaseySJ
Thank you for audit my efi file.
Here is my compressed EFI.zip

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.6 MB · Views: 71
Glad to hear it's working. I'm still curious about this...
  • Can you please post a photo of the 3-pin connector? Technically, it is possible to insert 3 bare pins into an existing 9-pin connector. We just have to be careful about the pin-outs (see diagram).
  • Did the seller say "DM, DP, NC" or "DN, DP, NC"? The Bluetooth controller is most likely getting power already from the PCIe x1 card, so you would only need to connect DN (data negative) and DP (data positive) to the DX- and DX+ terminals (top row) or to DY- and DY+ terminals (bottom row) and forget about Power (5V) and GND.
  • Are you using the 9-pin connector now -- with or without a USB splitter?
View attachment 397161
See also:
This is the device card I received. (picture from the seller)

He gave me a 3pin regular stitching line. Then he sent the following picture to me.

I can see a little bit of understanding. So I tried to insert it myself. Bluetooth can be recognized normally as shown below. I think it should be correct...

I bought the 9pin to double 9pin is still on the road... now plug directly into the motherboard's USB port.

Last edited:
Back