Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-03 um 21.57.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-03 um 21.57.38.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 84
New version of Clover; latest Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen; Aqantia drivers...and SMBIOS support for Macmini8,1. Awesome!!
Curious. I'm not see the 19 series iMac Definitions. Am I missing something?

Curious. I'm not see the 19 series iMac Definitions. Am I missing something?
iMac19,1 just got added to the Clover Beta 4918 earlier today.

It works but requires some acrobatics to manually update your config.plist and also download and install the special 10.14.4- 18E2034.

It'll be a little easier once Clover Configurator is updated, too.

Hi CaseySJ, hi everyone,

I am a newbie in hackintosh. But i had build a successful hackintosh last november according to instructions of pastrychef´s golden build.
Now i want build an upgraded hackintosh for a friend and i give it a try to build a hackintosh like yours.

I have bought almost the same hardware like you (same mainboard Gigabyte Designare Z390, CPU Intel i9-9900k, 32GB LPX DDR-4 RAM 3200MHz from Corsair, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, my case is a bequiet! Dark Base 700, an ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Karte for Hackintosh, except the graphics card is an Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG Strix OC). CPU and my graphics are under water cooling.

Because the water cooling for my graphics card is still on delivery, i began the build with the components i have.

I connect the hackintosh (without the graphics card) with the onboard HDMI output to my LG 32UD99-W HDMI input.

I made adjustments in bios (version F6) like your guidance in post #1, build an USB-Stick with MacOS Mojave 14.4 and Clover r4910. Make the modifications in the config.plist from post #1 with clover configurator and copy the kexts (WEG, Lilu and AppleALC) to USB-Stick directory clover/kexts/other and the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to clover/drivers64UEFI and replace/delete the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

But when i boot from USB-Stick after a while there is a black monitor. I don´t came to the install menu to initialize the Samsung NVMe. What´s the matter?

Then i take the USB-Stick from my "old" hackintosh (from the other build from pastrychef) and i came to the initializing screen. Afterwards i install MacOS Mojave 14.3. But successful installation of MacOS took three times. The first two installations quit with different errors.

After successful installation MacOS:
Now the curious thing is, i change the USB-Stick during the boot process to that one (USB-Stick) i make for this build (see above), and it works!

I´am not sure my installation is o.k. I can´t find the ethernet port from the Intel i-219V (<-actually native under MacOS) in the system preferences.

To the test i erase the installation and install Windows 10pro. Both ethernet ports were found. I think all hardware components in this build are alright.

Now i´m insecure if my way of installation MacOS on this hackintosh is the right way. It doesn´t seem stable.
Can you help me, please?

My Fenvi FV-T919 is installed in the bottom x1 slot, which is Slot 5. The PCI address for this appears in the Darwin Dumper report posted in the mini guide: 05:00.0. Based on this, we can rename this device using Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Arbitrary. The XML code is provided in the build guide here.

When we install add-in-cards (AIC) in PCIe slots, I don't think that the system DSDT or SSDT changes, but now I'm curious to actually check for this (later this evening). So I don't think you will not see a "BRCM" or "ARPT" device name appear in the DSDT/SSDT after installing a Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

I would suggest using Devices --> Arbitrary with PCI address 6e:00.0 anyway to see if you can add a model attribute for your card.

By the way which WiFi/BT card are you using, and in which slot?

I just gave it shot and got nothing. Though, I'm realizing now that my WiFi card doesn't show up under PCI in system info so there's a start. It's in the very first small slot on the board which confuses me a little since the 580 is in the slot below it but considered Slot 1.

BRCM4331cd.

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like shikigva=60 should be standardized into the build guide. We'll open this to "public comments" for a day or so. If anyone believes this might cause issues with their particular configuration, please say so. Otherwise I'll bake it into the build guide.

Here without shikigva=60.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 23.57.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 23.57.02.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 00.03.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 00.03.17.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 00.03.53.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 00.03.53.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 138
I think it could be patched to be a single click, when I use the power button it wakes up instantly, but when using USB devices it just goes to dark wake, and another click fully wakes the system.
In my case (iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with Vega 64) I didn’t have the scenario where two clicks are needed with any setting at all. The machine itself would always react as it should (with only one click or keystroke, and you’d hear the relay switching and the fans turn on), but depending on the settings you would either return to your system correctly or just get a black screen (perhaps dependent on weird circumstances if NVRAM was reset or not and if nvram.plist was deleted or perhaps not, but I really don’t know, it just did what it wanted randomly, no matter what my darkwake setting was, when I tried it out)

In my case (iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with Vega 64) I didn’t have the scenario where two clicks are needed with any setting at all. The machine itself would always react as it should (with only one click or keystroke, and you’d hear the relay switching and the fans turn on), but depending on the settings you would either return to your system correctly or just get a black screen (perhaps dependent on weird circumstances if NVRAM was reset or not and if nvram.plist was deleted or perhaps not, but I really don’t know, it just did what it wanted randomly, no matter what my darkwake setting was, when I tried it out)
But … just a minute … or is this state where the screen remains black (but the rest turns on) this state that you are talking about? I am not sure if I tried to press a key a second time – I just thought the system had crashed, because I didn’t see the machine in the network either.
But even if so: It seems to depend on NVRAM or something like that, because I had black screen with darkwake settings 0 and 8 and with no darkwave at all, all the same. And at the moment I can switch between 0 and 8 with no problems and I always need only a single click to get back into the system.

@CaseySJ, quick question. Do I really need the radeon sapphire in my system? I'm going to be editing with FinalCut and Premier plus using Photoshop, AfterEffects, etc. Can I just use the Thunderbolt, HDMI ports? I'm not using more than one screen at a time, I have a 40" TV I'm using as a monitor. I'm planning to buy a new 4K monitor for the future. Thanks for your help, great work!
Graphics cards today are used for 3 main tasks:
  • Driving a display monitor.
  • Performing intense audio/video/multimedia tasks such as rendering and transcoding. GPUs can perform these operations with much higher speed and parallelism than the CPU.
  • Playing games.
So do you really need a Radeon Sapphire in your system?
  • Because you're using Final Cut, Photoshop, Premier Plus and After Effects, the built-in iGPU can handle rendering and transcoding.
  • Based on your particular workloads, if the iGPU can perform these tasks with satisfactory speed, then you should be fine.
  • But if the speed of these tasks is not acceptable, then you should certainly consider either RX 580 or RX Vega.

I just gave it shot and got nothing. Though, I'm realizing now that my WiFi card doesn't show up under PCI in system info so there's a start. It's in the very first small slot on the board which confuses me a little since the 580 is in the slot below it but considered Slot 1.

BRCM4331cd.
BCM94331 is quite old -- any reason not to use a 94360CD or 943602CS?

IORegistryExplorer offers another way to obtain the PCI address of a device. In my case the Fenvi appears under RP04, which in turn has a PCI address of 5:0:0 (or 05:0.0 for Clover).

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 5.36.36 PM.png

Back