Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

A huge thanks to CaseySJ for a great thorough tutorial that includes a little prodding for people to learn how and why. I have definitely learned a lot more on this build, my 3rd hackintosh. Also thanks to everyone else that has contributed here.

It is interesting that the 9th gen i7 & i9 show up as unknown. My 9th Gen i5-9600K has been recognized/reported as "3.7 GHz Intel Core i5" since my initial install of 10.14.2 on BIOS F4 going back to early January. I started with 10.14.1 and F3 but had numerous issues. I've experimented/learned along the way using Mac Mini 8,1 - iMac 18,1 & 18,3 - iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS and they all have reported the processor the same. It has never shown as unknown. I followed the instructions in the Spoiler: Specifying CPU Name in 'About this Mac' to add the -9600K but since it is not an Unknown processor it is ignored.

My only issue that I would like to resolve but have not yet is the Sapphire RX580 black screen on boot with HDMI or DP until the Apple logo and final progress bar. Onboard HDMI and USB-C both show BIOS and Clover on boot, but the Sapphire does not.

Currently I'm modding a case that it is going into hence why I haven't posted sooner. I was planning on waiting until it was all completed, but the processor ID talk piqued my interest.

After adding the Broadcom 94360CS card to the config.plist under Arbitrary (as described on page 1) the second Ethernet port disappeared unter "Ethernet cards" in the System Profiler, although I have FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext, FakePCIID.kext and SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-29 um 03.51.59.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-29 um 03.51.59.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 74
@ummario, I hope you have continued to have a shining build. What SMBios did you decide on? My system chased and would not longer boot, so I am re-installing and you seem to have gotten sleep/wake and iGPU accelerated FCPx working. Thanks! Also, I have a dark base pro 900 rev 2, so I was surprised and very happy to see the new SSDT. Thanks @CaseySJ!
With iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS you don’t need iGPU at all (the original iMac Pro has no iGPU either) if your graphics card is fast enough. I don’t know if it works with the RX 580, but definitely with the Vega 56 and Vega 64. Final Cut rendering is working just fine, you would even slow it down with activated iGPU. It’s only needed for hardware acceleration in "normal" iMac SMBIOS (with not so fast graphic cards), but not in iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

I had been using iMacPro1,1 and never could get sleep/wake to work. That being said, it was otherwise stable before it all crashed and burned (for reasons I don't understand), so that may not be a bad place to for me to go back to.

EDIT: Apparently it's caused by the firewire PCIE card (I tried without it before, but maybe other settings were influencing too).

Hello! First of all, thank you for such a detailed and useful guide :)

Unfortunately, I cannot get my Hackintosh to shutdown, it will always reboot/restart.
I followed the guide step by step, several times, different variations with the suggested post installation "Going the extra mile tips"... but no luck (I also tried different USB SSDT, making my own, turning ERP to enabled in the bios, disabling any wake on lan options in the bios, different Aptiofix drivers... and many more but with no luck).

I've started from scratch again, and still the same, I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestion that could help me get shutdown working as intended.

I also tried to do a DIFF on the config.plist files that were provided in this thread in order to see if I missed anything, but even changing the options to the same ones in those configurations didn't help.

I attach the ´essentials list´, as generated by the script provided in https://github.com/corpnewt/EssentialsList and my raw EFI drive contents.

I do have a firewire PCIE card, but I tried without it and I still get the same results.
I have a wireless card BCM94360CD (installed in one of the m.2 slots), I tried to boot without it, with the bluetooth usb header disconnected and it doesn't help either.
I also tried turning off bluetooth wakeup in Bluetooth Settings within System Preferences.
I also tried Turing off power nap (even if I understand its off with the slide=0 boot argument).

Anyways, thanks in advance again to anyone that's open to help me :)

Attachments

• EssentialsList-2019-03-29 08.57.38.zip
    618.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Z390 Designare Shutdown Restarts EFI (GUIDE).zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hello! First of all, thank you for such a detailed and useful guide :)

Unfortunately, I cannot get my Hackintosh to shutdown, it will always reboot/restart.
I followed the guide step by step, several times, different variations with the suggested post installation "Going the extra mile tips"... but no luck (I also tried different USB SSDT, making my own, turning ERP to enabled in the bios, disabling any wake on lan options in the bios, different Aptiofix drivers... and many more but with no luck).

I've started from scratch again, and still the same, I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestion that could help me get shutdown working as intended.

I also tried to do a DIFF on the config.plist files that were provided in this thread in order to see if I missed anything, but even changing the options to the same ones in those configurations didn't help.

I attach the ´essentials list´, as generated by the script provided in https://github.com/corpnewt/EssentialsList and my raw EFI drive contents.

I do have a firewire PCIE card, but I tried without it and I still get the same results.
I have a wireless card BCM94360CD (installed in one of the m.2 slots), I tried to boot without it, with the bluetooth usb header disconnected and it doesn't help either.
I also tried turning off bluetooth wakeup in Bluetooth Settings within System Preferences.
I also tried Turing off power nap (even if I understand its off with the slide=0 boot argument).

Anyways, thanks in advance again to anyone that's open to help me :)

Verify your BIOS. (now it's F6).
Uncheck "Halt Enabler" in Config.plist.
shikigva=60 (it's not now part of WEG?)
Is your IGPU disabled? (since you use iMac Pro SMBIOS)
Try...

Last edited by a moderator:
Verify your BIOS. (now it's F6).
Uncheck "Halt Enabler" in Config.plist.
shikigva=60 (it's not now part of WEG?)
Is your IGPU disabled? (since you use iMac Pro SMBIOS)
Try...

EDIT: Apparently it's caused by the firewire PCIE card (I tried without it before, but maybe other settings were influencing too).
Thanks for having a look at my files, @FormerUser-594785 :)

Hi! Thanks, but I mistakenly attached the prior EFI copy.

I did try to add shikivga=60, I updated to F6 BIOS, also tried Halt enabler On/Off, and no changes.

Right now I'm on the mac mini profile. I did try the mac pro profile to see if there are any changes.

I'm going to try to boot without the Discrete graphics card, and see if it changes anything

Attachments

• Z390 Designare Shutdown Restarts EFI (GUIDE).zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Changing SMBIOS name by itself has not made an observable difference, so we suspect that numerous other SMBIOS fields need to be updated as well. Fields such as Board ID, Firmware Features, Platform Feature, Platform Feature Mask, etc.
yes, as far that I know, this is quite normal as the OS works internally more with the BoardID as with the product name.
Are there already some dumps of iMac 19,1 SMBios around?

My question is more of the kind if the new 10.14.4 update already supports new iMacs? That means, if you can create an USB stick from the new installer and fresh install 10.14.4 on a new 2019 iMac?

Some information on this?

Last edited:
Thanks for having a look at my files, @FormerUser-594785 :)

Hi! Thanks, but I mistakenly attached the prior EFI copy.

I did try to add shikivga=60, I updated to F6 BIOS, also tried Halt enabler On/Off, and no changes.

Right now I'm on the mac mini profile. I did try the mac pro profile to see if there are any changes.

I'm going to try to boot without the Discrete graphics card, and see if it changes anything

Try with config.plist attached.
Rerun SMBIOS from Clover Configurator to obtain New serial etc. (iMac 18.3!)
Use Discrete Graphics on your PC and make "Enabled" the IGPU.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 132
Hello @ummario! Nice to hear from you. Someone recently encountered a similar problem. He disabled IGPU in BIOS. So please try that first.

More details here:

Thanks! I will try that later. Even if that way I will loose iGpu.

Do you think I really need to update clover before I upgrade to 10.14.4?

Thank you!

Back