Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

That's not the full install app. The combo updates can't be used to make a Unibeast installer.

Scroll down this page a bit to find the link to the App Store version.
Thanks!

Welp, I give up. I have no clue what I am doing and I don't understand why this continues not to work. Now after downloading Mojave for the 10th time today and making the bootable disc for the 10th time, still getting the "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged and cant be used to install macOS" message. Got the same message when I downloaded Catalina...

I wish I can turn back time and smack myself in the face for even thinking of updating a hackintosh. If I ever get this working again, I am never updating it.

Welp, I give up. I have no clue what I am doing and I don't understand why this continues not to work. Now after downloading Mojave for the 10th time today and making the bootable disc for the 10th time, still getting the "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged and cant be used to install macOS" message. Got the same message when I downloaded Catalina...

I wish I can turn back time and smack myself in the face for even thinking of updating a hackintosh. If I ever get this working again, I am never updating it.
Let me say that we are sympathetic and want to see your system restored. Hackintosh is a struggle. And when it works, it brings with it a lot more personal satisfaction than buying one off the shelf.
  1. Do you want to focus on getting the bootable backup to work?
  2. Or do you want to focus on doing a new installation?
Let's pick one and work on that for a short time. For Option 2, have you installed a DosDude1 patch to allow an unsupported Mac to download Mojave?

Let me say that we are sympathetic and want to see your system restored. Hackintosh is a struggle. And when it works, it brings with it a lot more personal satisfaction than buying one off the shelf.
  1. Do you want to focus on getting the bootable backup to work?
  2. Or do you want to focus on doing a new installation?
Let's pick one and work on that for a short time. For Option 2, have you installed a DosDude1 patch to allow an unsupported Mac to download Mojave?
I am fine doing a clean install. I haven't done much on the computer and the backup drive was only about 35 GB. I can reinstall any programs/apps I had once it's back up and running, but idk what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks for helping me through this, I do really appreciate you. Just really frustrated right now since I've been at this since around 10 AM and its now almost 9 PM and I haven't gotten any closer to figuring out what I am doing wrong lol

I am fine doing a clean install. I haven't done much on the computer and the backup drive was only about 35 GB. I can reinstall any programs/apps I had once it's back up and running, but idk what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks for helping me through this, I do really appreciate you. Just really frustrated right now since I've been at this since around 10 AM and its now almost 9 PM and I haven't gotten any closer to figuring out what I am doing wrong lol
Totally understandable. Let's leave it alone now and resume tomorrow. We'll focus on doing a fresh installation, which will depend on being able to download the Mojave installer from Mac App Store.

Got a version of Mojave but its not the latest. Its the previous version... but UniBeast now hangs on installation.

I can't seem to catch a break today.

OK, the question in the back of my mind is still the validity/integrity of the installers you are downloading, if you are not able to download "as is" from Apple.

In any case, here's something else to try... This is the point of hackintoshing, if 1 thing doesn't work, try another; if you keep trying long enough, solve enough problems, you'll get it working! :) it's all part of the adventure! ;)

Personally, I always create my flashdrives manually. You can try this if you like:

1. Open terminal, then use DiskUtil list to find your flashdrive's number.
2. From terminal, run:
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/diskX MBR FAT32 CLOVER 500m JHFS+ INST-MOJAVE 0b
(replace X with the disk number of your flashdrive).
Explanation: This line is using diskutil to create 2 partitions on disk X, 1 fat32 partition size 500mb (will work as your EFI partition, and will hold Clover). The next partition is an HFS+ partition that will take up the rest of the disk (0b), and will be used for the Mojave installer. Note that the disk is using MBR, not GPT, but this still works fine, as there will be a fat32 partition with the EFI folder/structure in it, so the board will boot fine :)

Tip: if you'd like to have more than 1 installer on a single drive, all you need to do is partition the flashdrive into more partitions. I have a 32GB drive with Mojave, Catalina, and a "tools" partition where I place all my hacking stuff :)

3. Once the drive is partitioned, run:
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/INST-MOJAVE --nointeraction

Explanation: This is simply running the createinstallmedia app to create the installer on the previously create INST-MOJAVE volume. Note that this requires the Mojave installer to be in the applications folder and to be named correctly (e.g. that the name hasn't been altered).

This should create the Mojave installer and rename the volume...

4. At this point, you can either copy an existing EFI folder with the proper Clover structure in it (E.G. EFI/Boot, EFI/Clover etc). Otherwise, you can use the latest Clover installer and install Clover on the "CLOVER" volume that was created earlier. If you use the installer, be sure to change the install location to the "CLOVER" volume, and then select customize. In customize, select install Clover for UEFI booting only (or similar language), and uncheck the install Clover in the ESP (or similar language). Then make the rest of your selection, and install...

Once you install, you have to add the proper kexts to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and any required EFI drivers to /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI (for newer clover revisions) or /EFI/Clover/Driver64UEFI (for older Clover revisions).

Finally, if the createinstallmedia app fails or cannot create the proper installer, then your installer is probably corrupt. At this point, you may want to do as TRS96 suggested and try downloading 10.13.6 (High Sierra) if your MacBook supports it/allows it.

OK, the question in the back of my mind is still the validity/integrity of the installers you are downloading, if you are not able to download "as is" from Apple.

In any case, here's something else to try... This is the point of hackintoshing, if 1 thing doesn't work, try another; if you keep trying long enough, solve enough problems, you'll get it working! :) it's all part of the adventure! ;)

Personally, I always create my flashdrives manually. You can try this if you like:

1. Open terminal, then use DiskUtil list to find your flashdrive's number.
2. From terminal, run:
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/diskX MBR FAT32 CLOVER 500m JHFS+ INST-MOJAVE 0b
(replace X with the disk number of your flashdrive).
Explanation: This line is using diskutil to create 2 partitions on disk X, 1 fat32 partition size 500mb (will work as your EFI partition, and will hold Clover). The next partition is an HFS+ partition that will take up the rest of the disk (0b), and will be used for the Mojave installer. Note that the disk is using MBR, not GPT, but this still works fine, as there will be a fat32 partition with the EFI folder/structure in it, so the board will boot fine :)

Tip: if you'd like to have more than 1 installer on a single drive, all you need to do is partition the flashdrive into more partitions. I have a 32GB drive with Mojave, Catalina, and a "tools" partition where I place all my hacking stuff :)

3. Once the drive is partitioned, run:
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/INST-MOJAVE --nointeraction

Explanation: This is simply running the createinstallmedia app to create the installer on the previously create INST-MOJAVE volume. Note that this requires the Mojave installer to be in the applications folder and to be named correctly (e.g. that the name hasn't been altered).

This should create the Mojave installer and rename the volume...

4. At this point, you can either copy an existing EFI folder with the proper Clover structure in it (E.G. EFI/Boot, EFI/Clover etc). Otherwise, you can use the latest Clover installer and install Clover on the "CLOVER" volume that was created earlier. If you use the installer, be sure to change the install location to the "CLOVER" volume, and then select customize. In customize, select install Clover for UEFI booting only (or similar language), and uncheck the install Clover in the ESP (or similar language). Then make the rest of your selection, and install...

Once you install, you have to add the proper kexts to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and any required EFI drivers to /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI (for newer clover revisions) or /EFI/Clover/Driver64UEFI (for older Clover revisions).

Finally, if the createinstallmedia app fails or cannot create the proper installer, then your installer is probably corrupt. At this point, you may want to do as TRS96 suggested and try downloading 10.13.6 (High Sierra) if your MacBook supports it/allows it.

So each time I made the installer I followed this page on Apple's site - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372 - I then installed Clover Boot Loader onto the USB stick after the OS was installed. But that's what was giving me problems.

Funny enough, I tried ONE MORE TIME using the Clover folder Casey made for me and Catalina installer - I am finally in the computer right now, just scared to shut it down lol

@CaseySJ I've followed your steps and managed to install Mojave. The only problem I have is with the graphics (iGPU).

It always shows with 7MB and in Hackintool, when I try to make the patch so the HDMI will work, I get a (almost) blank output.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.43.25.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.43.25.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.43.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.43.34.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.43.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.43.47.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 70
  • EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 81
@CaseySJ I've followed your steps and managed to install Mojave. The only problem I have is with the graphics (iGPU).

It always shows with 7MB and in Hackintool, when I try to make the patch so the HDMI will work, I get a (almost) blank output.

Are you using WhateverGreen? If you look in Applications/Utilities/System Information, in graphics, does the memory still show as 7MB? This usually means the IGPU isn't being detected properly. If using WhateverGreen, you may need to set the proper IG-Platform-ID and/or framebuffer...

EDIT: I checked your config.plist, it seems you are also inserting a device-id, is this required for the 9900K? Since you are already using Hackintool, check these, if you haven't already:

HTH :)

Last edited:
Back