Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi not AptioMemoryFix sorry, should I keep EmuVariableUefi then or should I delete it ?
What are the rc scripts ?

Thanks for your help anyway !!!

EDIT :

Seems that I lost sidecar working, it says "no device"
I unlogged from iCloud with my hackintosh and log again and now I see my iPad but when I try to connect it says, "Can't connect, devices expired" (or something like that because my message is in french). I keep investigating x)
  • Keep EmuVariableUefi and rc scripts.
  • RC scripts are used during startup and shutdown to read data from nvram.plist and write data into nvram.plist. When you typed ls /etc/rc*, it confirmed that these scripts are installed.
  • For Sidecar, try shutting down the iPad and restarting it.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten Radeon VII to work under 10.14.6 with IGPU enabled on this board? Trying to use do this as iMac 19,1.

I have been able to run both iGPU and dGPU with 19,1 but only with 2000free memory fix. I personally disable the iGPU and just use the Radeon VII. In order to get jpeg quickview to work I have to add the shiki values of the following.

Code:
shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Oh, and I run AptioMemoryFix

Last edited:
hi CaseySJ,
Just coming again about the dual boot:
if I install Windows on a NVMe SSD to the M2M slot (and place the Mojave SSD in the M2P slot), do I have to do something specific with my hackintosh? Besides what you were already writing in the spoiler ( remove all other disks, change the BIOS Setting).

Also, it's not really about this hackintosh but is there's a limit of SSD you can plug to a SATA cable? Like the cable that comes with my power supply have 3 connectors (+1 that you plug to the Motherboard), so I can plug 3 SSD, correct?
Because if i want to have 2 NVMe slot used, i have to re arrange the way i plugged my HDD and SSD. I could also buy one of those PCIe card to have more SATA is it's too complicated to do it (there's not much space at the back of my case).

hi CaseySJ,
Just coming again about the dual boot:
if I install Windows on a NVMe SSD to the M2M slot (and place the Mojave SSD in the M2P slot), do I have to do something specific with my hackintosh? Besides what you were already writing in the spoiler ( remove all other disks, change the BIOS Setting).

Also, it's not really about this hackintosh but is there's a limit of SSD you can plug to a SATA cable? Like the cable that comes with my power supply have 3 connectors (+1 that you plug to the Motherboard), so I can plug 3 SSD, correct?
Because if i want to have 2 NVMe slot used, i have to re arrange the way i plugged my HDD and SSD. I could also buy one of those PCIe card to have more SATA is it's too complicated to do it (there's not much space at the back of my case).
Hello @Mochimino,

Q1: If you install Windows in M2M and macOS in M2P there's nothing else you need to do. But just remove the macOS disk from M2P before installing Windows. If there are any macOS drives in the system, Windows installer will get stuck. When Windows is up and running, you can then reinstall/reconnect all other drives.

Q2: It's perfectly okay to connect 3 SATA drives with a single SATA power cable. SSDs use very little power, but even spinning hard drives are quite efficient. I have seen SATA power cables with 4 connectors, but I would not personally go that far.

Hi @CaseySJ!

To summarize,

1. I changed the SMBIOS back to Mac mini 8,1 and cloned my Mojave drive. B/C a new serial number was generated, my iCloud wasn't working, and I left it like that b/c I was going to change the SMBIOS again.
2. Followed your guide and updated to Catalina without any hiccups.
3. Changed the SMBIOS to iMac 19,1

Now I'm having log in issues with iCloud. I tried logging out, but it keeps getting stuck on the log in page. Do you have any thoughts as to why this might be happening? Also how I can go about fixing it?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Hi @CaseySJ!

To summarize,

1. I changed the SMBIOS back to Mac mini 8,1 and cloned my Mojave drive. B/C a new serial number was generated, my iCloud wasn't working, and I left it like that b/c I was going to change the SMBIOS again.
2. Followed your guide and updated to Catalina without any hiccups.
3. Changed the SMBIOS to iMac 19,1

Now I'm having log in issues with iCloud. I tried logging out, but it keeps getting stuck on the log in page. Do you have any thoughts as to why this might be happening? Also how I can go about fixing it?

Thank you in advance!!!!
Hello @shl615,
  • When you switched back to iMac19,1 I assume the old (original) serial numbers were reinstated?
  • Have you tried removing both the Mac mini 8,1 and iMac 19,1 systems from your online iCloud account settings?
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 1.00.45 PM.png

Hello @shl615,
  • When you switched back to iMac19,1 I assume the old (original) serial numbers were reinstated?
  • Have you tried removing both the Mac mini 8,1 and iMac 19,1 systems from your online iCloud account settings?
    View attachment 432261

I did remove them from my account before trying to log in. I let it run for a while, and it finally finished setting up. Thank you!!

Hello @shl615,
    View attachment 432261

Hello @Mochimino,

Q1: If you install Windows in M2M and macOS in M2P there's nothing else you need to do. But just remove the macOS disk from M2P before installing Windows. If there are any macOS drives in the system, Windows installer will get stuck. When Windows is up and running, you can then reinstall/reconnect all other drives.

Q2: It's perfectly okay to connect 3 SATA drives with a single SATA power cable. SSDs use very little power, but even spinning hard drives are quite efficient. I have seen SATA power cables with 4 connectors, but I would not personally go that far.
Hello,
Thank you for all your answer. I will install Windows in the next couple of month, i will see how it goes.

Just upgraded to Catalina following your instructions on the first page (Please see this and this first!) and it was completely uneventful. Reviewed State of the System after Post Installation and it looks like everything is identified. Two questions:
  1. What else do you normally check to make sure that everything is configured properly?
  2. Is there anything I need to worry about if I decide to rename my Mojave and Mojave - Data volumes to something else (likely Catalina and Catalina - Data)?

I just want to share my experience probably someone else having issue from monitor wake after sleep.

Thanks @CaseySJ, i followed your guide and it is working fine, except the monitor cannot wake up from sleep.
But i solved it simply by changing my cable connection from HDMI to Display Port and now the monitor wake perfectly without issue.

my current build:
Z390 Designare
i9 9900K
Shappire Pulse RX580
LG 27UK850

Back