Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I noticed quite a few posts ago, you too have been having graphical glitches which seem to be remedied temporarily with resizing the window. No fix has been found currently, correct? I shall keep testing in the meantime, but should I find something I will remember this thread.

Last edited:
Hello, I come here to talk again about the quality of Thunderbolt3 connectivity. it's a disaster! it is important not to touch (even touch) the cable because everything jumps! it even makes me reboot the computer while I have projects in progress. I am a little desperate because it is not stable at all.

Hello, I come here to talk again about the quality of thunderbolt3 connectivity. it's a disaster! it is important not to touch (even touch) the cable because everything jumps! it even makes me reboot the computer while I have projects in progress. I am a little desperate because it is not stable at all.

That's not a problem exclusive from Hackintosh/Gigabyte. I'm now at work, with a macbook pro attached to a Apple thunderbolt display, and all the time someone touches my cable, I also loose connection.

As someone mentioned before you should look for a different cable. I must tell you as well that the Thunderbolt plugs on my Aorus Extreme looks quite tight.

Good luck

how Do I delete a message created my mistake or no longer needed?

That's not a problem exclusive from Hackintosh/Gigabyte. I'm now at work, with a macbook pro attached to a Apple thunderbolt display, and all the time someone touches my cable, I also loose connection.

As someone mentioned before you should look for a different cable. I must tell you as well that the Thunderbolt plugs on my Aorus Extreme looks quite tight.

Good luck
Thanks for your response, but i tested with the original cable provided with the dock, it seems solid. then i mentioned, 3 days before everythings was working correctly.

Edit:
By chaining the Apollo card and the dock it works! So the cables works. Do you think there is no a problem (settings or other) in the management of 2 ports simultaneously?
I'm asking the question :)

I noticed quite a few posts ago, you too have been having graphical glitches which seem to be remedied temporarily with resizing the window. No fix has been found currently, correct? I shall keep testing in the meantime, but should I find something I will remember this thread.
Yes I'm still experiencing some graphics glitches if the UHD630 is driving a display in a multi-monitor setup. Latest Hackintool provides ability to change EDID values. I'll experiment with this to see what happens...

Good luck

All Thunderbolt cables are not equal, and even new ones can already be slightly broken, tb2 or tb3, try and change them first.

I've talked to a Universal Audio technician and he's convinced that Gigabyte hasn't implemented Thunderbolt 3 correctly on the Z390 Designare. Titan Ridge is compatible with previous Thunderbolt peripherals, but Gigabyte have managed to make it incompatible with anything but true Thunderbolt 3 devices.

Have any of you guys had any success with Thunderbolt 1&2 devices - with the helpf of Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 1&2 adapters, of course - and the Z390 Designare? I sure didn't, and I know for a fact that both my Thunderbolt adapters (Apple & Startech), the cabbe (official Apple TB1 cable) and the audio interface (UAD Apollo Quad w/ TB 1 card) are working correctly with properly programmed hardware.

So far, Gigabyte has failed to even acknowledge the Thunderbolt issue they have with their Z390 Designare boards.

Back