Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Same findings here. 19,1, multiple PCIe cards, can only boot with AptioMemoryFix by disabling IGPU in BIOS.

I had this issue. I reset the CMOS using the jumper on the MoBo. Worked after this.

19,1, IGPU enabled. I’ve successfully done this multiple times.

@CaseySJ Cleaned up that .dsl file, replaced the .aml with the TEST1 .aml you provided. Rebooted and the front panel USBC3.1 reader now works. Hackintool screenshot attached. Must be USB2.0 internally.

Thanks, again, for the great How-To and the fantastic after-sale support. :thumbup:

Maybe a n00b question. I see 16 ports defined here. Does hackintool report what is supposed to be enabled/disabled or only what’s defined in the SSDT? I’ve noticed my hackintool showing 17 ports, so I’m concerned.

Maybe a n00b question. I see 16 ports defined here. Does hackintool report what is supposed to be enabled/disabled or only what’s defined in the SSDT? I’ve noticed my hackintool showing 17 ports, so I’m concerned.

Hackintools will report what is active. You want a maximum of 15 ports on this mobo, so you'll need to inactivate 2 more ports.

A few words to share my today experience. I decided to install a raid controller (Areca 1224 8i) to create a raid 5 array in my z390 designare build. I discovered that if I disable csm in the bios (as it is proposed in this build guide), I can’t boot and get the prohibited sign. If csm is enable, no more problem. So if it can help someone. ;)

I've got my rig set up with the Designare motherboard. I have a WX7100 in slot 1 and a RX580 in slot 2. BIOS set to slot 1.
Main monitor connected to WX7100 and secondary to RX580.
I opened my activity monitor and noticed that the RX580 is more active than my WX7100 even with the secondary monitor turned off and doing everything on the primary monitor.
Would you happen to know why it is that way?
I have one for gaming and the other for CAD design.
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 6.09.50 PM.png

Sorry if this is obvious - haven’t hacked in years and coming back to it.

Does doing this without Multibeast mean it’s the equivalent of “vanilla”. Not 100% sure why some sites are against Multibeast (though I do like the idea of Kext injection outside of the main folders, used to get so confused what was mine vs systems).

if you were to skip Multibeast does it just involve following those post install steps (bootloader, Kexts). Seems like you have to do the DSDT and SSDT regardless of MB?

The most reliable way to check the number of ports is to run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to XHC, then count the total number of HSxx and SSxx ports.

The most reliable way to check the number of ports is to run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to XHC, then count the total number of HSxx and SSxx ports.

Thanks, it turns out I am all good. Although I am not sure I have the proper SSDT files used at the same/proper times.

I was counting the SSP1/SSP2 ports by mistake also. Attached is my Hackintool Output. Does this look right? I see two controllers up top, where others don't ... I assume that's normal for our MoBo.

As for the ACPI/patched folder, I have the following:
1. SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml
2. SSDT-DTPG.aml
3. SSDT-EC.aml
4. SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
5. SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml

Attachments

• DJE-USB-Hackintool2-8-0.png
    DJE-USB-Hackintool2-8-0.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 63
A few words to share my today experience. I decided to install a raid controller (Areca 1224 8i) to create a raid 5 array in my z390 designare build. I discovered that if I disable csm in the bios (as it is proposed in this build guide), I can’t boot and get the prohibited sign. If csm is enable, no more problem. So if it can help someone. ;)
Modified the BIOS Settings section as follows:

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.53.05 PM.png

I've got my rig set up with the Designare motherboard. I have a WX7100 in slot 1 and a RX580 in slot 2. BIOS set to slot 1.
Main monitor connected to WX7100 and secondary to RX580.
I opened my activity monitor and noticed that the RX580 is more active than my WX7100 even with the secondary monitor turned off and doing everything on the primary monitor.
Would you happen to know why it is that way?
I have one for gaming and the other for CAD design.
View attachment 427021
Please post a screenshot of Apple Menu --> About this Mac --> Displays such as the following:
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.56.14 PM.png
I would like to see the actual GPU names given to the two monitors. Those names might be the same as in your screenshot, but I'd like to confirm.

Back