Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes, it works when used alone, but link aggregation does not
  • Do both network ports work individually (one by one)?
  • If i211 port does not work by itself, have you installed FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_GbX, and SmallTreeIntel82576?
  • If both ports are working, did you create a bonded network from Preferences --> Network? If so, please upload a screenshot.

I believe ripe_md intentionally disabled HS12 for his use case.

Sorry for the late response, but you are right. I modified the SSDT for my usecase. The corresponding dsl-file includes the explanations.

I think @frickergg would be interested in the above post...

@CaseySJ - Thank you for thinking of me. Now that I am back in town and done interviewing, I can get this figured out. OK, so it looks like it is going to work, which is amazing since I had been in the process of returning the Xtreme board because of these hassles.

I moved the Broadcom card and now I reliably get to the same spot "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, sm 0x0"

It seems there were a few SSDTs and kexts that I may need to add here to be able to get everything working. @unmario, could you pass along your EFI? Also, it seems that you decided to use Mac mini?

I apologize that I need to be so spoon-fed for my first one.

- Greg

@CaseySJ - Thank you for thinking of me. Now that I am back in town and done interviewing, I can get this figured out. OK, so it looks like it is going to work, which is amazing since I had been in the process of returning the Xtreme board because of these hassles.

I moved the Broadcom card and now I reliably get to the same spot "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, sm 0x0"

It seems there were a few SSDTs and kexts that I may need to add here to be able to get everything working. @unmario, could you pass along your EFI? Also, it seems that you decided to use Mac mini?

I apologize that I need to be so spoon-fed for my first one.

- Greg
@ummario Would you mind compressing and uploading the EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB Install Disk (not the Mojave internal SSD)?

@frickergg A few questions and comments while we wait for the EFI folder:
  • What video connector are you using (HDMI, DisplayPort)?
  • Is it connected to Vega or to motherboard? Remember that you can use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable (around $16 from Amazon) and drive a DP monitor with either of the two Thunderbolt ports on the motherboard. I purchased this one and can personally confirm that it works with Designare Z390:
  • When you get the gIOScreenLockState, what happens if you unplug the video cable and re-plug it after a couple of seconds?
  • Also try unchecking: PluginType (from ACPI section) and AppleIntelCPUPM (from Kernel and Kext Patches).

Last edited:
@ummario Would you mind compressing and uploading the EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB Install Disk (not the Mojave internal SSD)?

Here you have....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
Hey @CaseySJ ... just returned today from my trip, and have a strange situation:

My graphics card is running at 127 Celsius degrees, and noticed that their fans are not spinning. Is that anything I can do? I'm connected to my monitor trough Display port

They spin when is computer is booting, but stops when mojave loads.

Hey @CaseySJ ... just returned today from my trip, and have a strange situation:

My graphics card is running at 127 Celsius degrees, and noticed that their fans are not spinning. Is that anything I can do? I'm connected to my monitor trough Display port

They spin when is computer is booting, but stops when mojave loads.
Thanks for posting the EFI!

Regarding the Vega fans, have you seen this guide by @jaymonkey?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/

@ummario Thank you so much!! @CaseySJ Thank you so much!!

I finally was able to boot into Phase 1!!

Back