Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi thanks ok I moved the frame buffer settings to the yellow area. I have reinstalled the system and things seem good although the usb ports are the same. I attach the new plist as well as extensions and kext other . Thanks View attachment 378767View attachment 378768View attachment 378769View attachment 378770
  • The file FakePCIID.kext is missing from CLOVER/kexts/Other. Please add it there!
  • What files are located in CLOVER/kexts/10.14 folder?
  • Please try the attached config.plist (backup current one first of course)

Attachments

• config-tdcam-v2.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 145
  • FakePCIID.kext.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 68
Quick question before I break anything too bad.

I've had big success improving the performance of my MacBook using this script: https://gist.github.com/pwnsdx/d87b034c4c0210b988040ad2f85a68d3

It basically disables loads of unwanted daemons and agents I do not need in any way. (I do not use gamed, iCloud, iMessage, etc.) So I would rather free up the CPU and make sure it's dedicated to what I WANT it to do. (I mainly do audio related work, and as it is in real time, I cannot afford to have my CPU hanging while trying to reach apple, or updating notifications.)

Is it safe to run on a hackintosh, and more specifically on this build?
I would strongly recommend making a full system backup, preferably on a bootable disk before running this script. 120GB and 240GB SSDs today are between US$20 and US$40 so there is NO excuse for not having a ready backup!

Then feel free to try the script for a few days to see whether the system remains stable and whether you observe a performance improvement in the audio applications.

Thanks I added it. SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is there. The new plist seems to hang with the apple symbol

Thanks I added it. SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is there. The new plist seems to hang with the apple symbol
I see... Please boot from the USB install disk, then at Clover boot menu you can choose to boot back into Mojave (Boot macOS from Mojave). The copy the original config.plist back into place.

Changes I made to the previous config.plist:
  • I clicked the "Trust" checkbox in SMBIOS.
  • Removed a 0,0 device in Devices --> Arbitrary.
  • Changed platform ID to 3E9B0007. Maybe this is causing the problem because you're using iMacPro1,1. The original value was 3E920003.
Anyway, none of these changes should affect the USB port count so it's better to use the original file. The only real change is putting "FakePCIID.kext" into Clover.

Thanks I did this. I think I was sharing the wrong screen from the explorer here is another screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.11.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.11.49 PM.png
    397.8 KB · Views: 80
Thanks I did this. I think I was sharing the wrong screen from the explorer here is another screen shot
That looks much better!

Awesome thanks for your help !

As expected, the USB port limit patch does not seem to have an effect. Both of you have 14 USB 2.0 ports (HS01 through HS14) and a USR1, for a total of 15. This means your USB 3.0 ports (SSxx) are truncated.

htw7448 on left
View attachment 378275

@htw7448 It's possible that you have an incorrect port limit patch as well, or that USBInjectAll is installed, in which case it can reimpose the 15-port limit. So replace any existing 10.14 USB port limit patch and use this one:

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find [hex]: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
Replace [hex]: 83FB0F90 90909090 90
Comment: USB 10.14.1+ port limit by PMHeart
MatchOS: 10.14.x

After 1 day fiddling with a custom SSDTs, I finally made it. The problems are like always the 98% exact guides. Somewhere is always an important information missing. In my case it has been the missing information about port count (that's the number of the last port entry) and the port size (which is the number of chosen ports). Now I want to speedup my boot time. It takes very long due some IOUSBHostHIDDevices: unable to start ioHIDDevice. This point already takes long, and, thereafter, I get a 60 second timeout. Is there a special handling for HID devices? I attach my plist and SSDTs.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 141
  • SSDT-USB-GA-Z390-gaming-sli.aml
    660 bytes · Views: 66
Option 1: Assume HDMI is in Row 2 (con1)
Row 1: BusID = 0x05, Type = DP
Row 2: BusID = 0x04, Type = HDMI
Row 3: BusID = 0x06, Type = DP

Option 2: Assume HDMI is in Row 1 (con0)
Row 1: BusID = 0x04, Type = HDMI
Row 2: BusID = 0x05, Type = DP
Row 3: BusID = 0x06, Type = DP

Empirical evidence suggests that UHD630 uses BusID 0x04 for HDMI.

Hi CaseySJ, unfortunately neither configuration worked, and I'm not sure what's next... Attached latest config.plist (Option 2)

I think it is Row 1 based on console output as I can see when I reconnect the DP cable that Port 3 shows up in the Console, and Port 1 when I connect the HDMI cable which I'm guess aligns to the Index.

Hotplug.jpg

Not sure what to do next?
Try changing SMBIOS? - Still getting DP blanking and signal loss. I’ve tried iMac 18,3 & 18,2 with same properties, no change
Try all different Bus ID types for Row 1?

ImageFB.jpg

Attachments

• Config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Hi CaseySJ, unfortunately neither configuration worked, and I'm not sure what's next... Attached latest config.plist (Option 2)

I think it is Row 1 based on console output as I can see when I reconnect the DP cable that Port 3 shows up in the Console, and Port 1 when I connect the HDMI cable which I'm guess aligns to the Index.

View attachment 378805

Not sure what to do next?
Try changing SMBIOS? - Still getting DP blanking and signal loss
Try all different Bus ID types for Row 1?

View attachment 378804
It seems reasonable to assume:
Row 1 = HDMI
Row 2 = <n/a>
Row 3 = DP

So please try the following:
Row 1: Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type HDMI
Row 2: Index -1, BusID 0x00, Type Dummy
Row 3: Index 3, BusID 0x06, Type DP

Notice the strange BusID 0x01 for HDMI. We are experimenting with this peculiar BusID for MSI, ASRock, and ASUS motherboards.

Last edited:
Back