Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Checked it again, goes as following after pushing the power on button:
CPU LED on -> DRAM LED on -> CPU LED on -> Fans go off (Designare label on the motehrboard stays illuminated) -> all four LEDs go on after each other (CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT, guess its the checking you mentioned) -> all LEDs off -> computer is booting

So what is the reason for this mini "shutdown" in between?
Asked this question in a hardware chat and they said, it might usually be "a sign that the BIOS/EFI read something from CMOS that it didn't agree with so temporarily sets defaults and does a soft-restart". As a fix I should load defaults in BIOS and save them to CMOS. Then the soft-restart should happen one more time, but if it persists I should check for a BIOS/EFI update.

Now I guess that would work with a Windows machine, but what do I have to do with my Hackintosh in this case now? Loading BIOS defaults won't be an option right?

Last edited:
Asked this question in a hardware chat and they said, it might usually be "a sign that the BIOS/EFI read something from CMOS that it didn't agree with so temporarily sets defaults and does a soft-restart". As a fix I should load defaults in BIOS and save them to CMOS. Then the soft-restart should happen one more time, but if it persists I should check for a BIOS/EFI update.

Now I guess that would work with a Windows machine, but what do I have to do with my Hackintosh in this case now? Loading BIOS defaults won't be an option right?
What they mentioned is independent of OS. I would suggest the following in increasing order of inconvenience:
  • Reset CMOS by shorting the 2 pins on motherboard as explained in manual. Use a flathead screwdriver, but keep power cord plugged in. The manual is incorrect in asking us to remove the power cable for this.
  • This will cause the system to go through one or boot self-start cycles. Afterwards, check if you continue to experience the boot hiccup.
  • If so, try upgrading to firmware version F7. All firmware (BIOS) parameters will be reset to default values so re-configure them starting with “Save & Exit —> Load Optimized Defaults”.
  • Does the problem continue?

Hello everybody,

I don't know why but Premiere Pro in my hackintosh says that The sample rate is not supported by the current audio device.

The sound system I'm using is the Soundstick from Harman Kardon and it works well with everything else, but Premiere Pro only has 3 sample rate option, 16000, 24000 or 32000 Hz when my harman kardon can go to the lowest of only 44100 Hz.

Do you guys have any idea of a workaround ?

CaseySJ,

If you want me to upload any OpenCore material for this mobo, let me know; I wouldn't do without your consent. It can be as little as a config.plist or as complete as an EFI folder (no SNs for either).
Yes please do. I would like to test this when I return, but others can also experiment with it. Complete EFI folder (compressed) is okay. Does OpenCore work only if OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is used, even with IGPU disabled and sys-def set to iMacPro1,1?

Last edited:
I can confirm I'm able to boot with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi if I switch to iMacPro1,1. I've retained slide=0 in boot args and also retained EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

So after spending most of the day trying to find different options here's the observations
  1. AptioFix and Emu worked fine for power-on and shutdowns with 1.1 without errors. I then updated the clover to 5018 and in the process installed the RC scripts. This brought back the memory error.
  2. Removed the RC scripts and rolled back the EFI folder (still on 5018) but the error wouldn't go away. Made sure I deleted the script in rc.boot.d/ and rc.shutdown.d/
  3. Removed the Emu and the memory boot error was gone. The PC however would throw a panic on shutdown. Used different combos of slide=0 and 379 (calculated value)
  4. Finally changed the system definition back to 19.1 with the same serial numbers installed the Emu back along with AptioFix. Everything works as normal (power on and shutdown). Will observe for a day and report back
P.S - For now all experiments were conducted using the IGPU, left the EGPU disconnected.

EDIT 2

So this means:
  • iMac19,1
  • AptioMemoryFix
  • Slide=0
  • EmuVariableUefi
  • VirtualSMC
  • IGPU enabled with 0x3E9B0007
  • No DGPU
  • Clover 5018
  • Clover rc scripts not installed
  • 1 PCIe cards: WiFi/BT

Last edited:
What they mentioned is independent of OS. I would suggest the following in increasing order of inconvenience:
  • Reset CMOS by shorting the 2 pins on motherboard as explained in manual. Use a flathead screwdriver, but keep power cord plugged in. The manual is incorrect in asking us to remove the power cable for this.
  • This will cause the system to go through one or boot self-start cycles. Afterwards, check if you continue to experience the boot hiccup.
  • If so, try upgrading to firmware version F7. All firmware (BIOS) parameters will be reset to default values so re-configure them starting with “Save & Exit —> Load Optimized Defaults”.
  • Does the problem continue?
Will this reset all of the settings I did in BIOS following your tutorial so that I do have to do that again?

With not unplugging the power cord before touching the pins I'm not sure for safety reasons. Manual says explicitly to remove the power cord before. In my opinion I also better would not do that without unplugging. I probably will do it as the manual states.

Ah, maybe I won't have to relicense if I copy over those values. I didn't know that you could use the same values for a different system definition.
Technically speaking a Mac serial number (12 characters long) codifies the following:
  • First 3 characters: Manufacturing location code
  • 4th character: single character for year of manufacture
  • 5th : single character for week of manufacture
  • 6, 7, 8 : unique serial number for that week and year
  • Last 4 : model number of the device
If we simply copy the serial number from Macmini8,1 (for example) to iMac19,1 or iMacPro 1,1, our applications may continue to work without needing to be relicensed, but the serial number will be in conflict. I’m not sure whether this will have any real consequences (as opposed to just cosmetic consequences). Your iCloud account, for example, may key off the serial number and reflect the machine type based on the last 4 characters.

Again, I’m not sure whether this conflict between serial number and SMBIOS name will have any real unforeseen consequences.

Hi
My configuration about AptioMemoryFix:

• Slot 1: AMD RX 560
  • Slot 4: Universal Audio Device UAD2 Solo
  • Slot 5: Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT

IGPU in Headless Mode.

Attachments

• BIOS.JPG
    BIOS.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 14.58.56.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 14.58.56.png
    621.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 14.59.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 14.59.49.png
    106 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.00.27.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.00.27.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.00.54.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.00.54.png
    546.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.01.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.01.08.png
    490.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.01.20.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.01.20.png
    923 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.08.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.08.37.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.12.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.12.02.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.12.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.12.49.png
    14.5 MB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.22.18.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 15.22.18.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 16.05.24.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 16.05.24.png
    538.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
So after spending most of the day trying to find different options here's the observations
  1. AptioFix and Emu worked fine for power-on and shutdowns with 1.1 without errors. I then updated the clover to 5018 and in the process installed the RC scripts. This brought back the memory error.
  2. Removed the RC scripts and rolled back the EFI folder (still on 5018) but the error wouldn't go away. Made sure I deleted the script in rc.boot.d/ and rc.shutdown.d/
  3. Removed the Emu and the memory boot error was gone. The PC however would throw a panic on shutdown. Used different combos of slide=0 and 379 (calculated value)
  4. Finally rolled back to 19.1 with the same serial numbers and got the Emu back in. Everything works as normal (power on and shutdown). Will observe for a day and report back
P.S - For now all experiments were conducted using the IGPU, left the EGPU disconnected.
Good observations. Some follow-ups:

Regarding Item 1:
  • With Clover 49xx, AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariable, iMacPro1,1, IGPU enabled, DGPU disabled, RC scripts deleted, there was no error on boot.
    • What slide value was used, if any?​
    • Was EmuVariable already installed?​
    • Did shutdown and reboot work?​
Regarding Items 2 and 3:
  • Then with Clover 5xxx and RC scripts the problem reappeared. I assume EmuVariable was also installed during Clover 5018 installation?
  • But deleting EmuVariable allowed the system to boot.
    • What slide value was needed, if any?​
  • Shutdown is not working now regardless of slide value?
Regarding Item 4:
  • When you say rolled back to iMac19,1 does it mean:
    • Back to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000?​
    • EmuVariable installed.​
    • RC scripts also installed?​
    • What slide value, if any?​

Hi
My configuration about AptioMemoryFix:

PCIE 4 Slot-UAD2 Card.
PCIE 6 Slot-Fenvi FV-T919

IGPU in Headless Mode.
So this is a confirmation of:
  • iMac19,1
  • AptioMemoryFix
  • IGPU enabled (what platform ID is shown in IORegistryExplorer when selecting IGPU@2?)
  • DGPU enabled
  • Slide=0
  • EmuVariableUefi
  • FakeSMC
  • PCIe Slots 1, 4, 5 occupied (please note there are only 5 slots, not 6)
    • Slot 1: AMD RX 580​
    • Slot 4: Universal Audio Device​
    • Slot 5: Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT​
  • RC scripts??
    • Do you have these scripts installed (/etc/rc.boot and /etc/rc.shutdown)?​

Back