Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi,

I have a question: When I import a lot of photos in Lightroom, I got to see a lot of the spinning beach balls. The import freezes for a few seconds, the CPU usage drops down and then if start again with FAST import.

I also get: com.apple.hiservices-xpc service not responding.

Any idea?

Thanx

Hi,

I have a question: When I import a lot of photos in Lightroom, I got to see a lot of the spinning beach balls. The import freezes for a few seconds, the CPU usage drops down and then if start again with FAST import.

I also get: com.apple.hiservices-xpc service not responding.

Any idea?

Thanx
I did a Google search for this problem using Lightroom hiservices-xpc as keywords and found a number of similar problem reports from users of real Macs. This problem therefore may need to be reported to Adobe.

Nevertheless, if anyone here has experienced similar errors please let us know.

Reactions: Rag
Exactly, good @caseySJ. We after we build Hack, we live this fanstama .. of everything that is problem that we have, we think it is the fault of Hackintosh and certainly it is not.
These programs are full of bugs etc, I've had years of last generation Imac and all gave problems .. all .. Lightroom and PS are the most common.

This really is a screamer, unencumbered by thermal throttles.
Yes the single core performance of the CL i7's and i9's is really good. If you want the best multicore performance though you should build a new 2019 Hack Pro such as this:

79,808 on GB 4 Multicore Score.

The Fenvi FV-T919 is a great plug-and-play solution. It's lower priced than BCM94360CD cards, but that does not mean it is slow or cheap. The 94360CD should offer higher performance at a higher price. Fenvi is a completely reliable and reputable firm, so if you are placing an international order, Fenvi would be virtually risk free.

Am I good to buy this one here, is it the right one?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01687RNFS/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Hey, I still have problems with random freezes. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure it has to do something with my GPU (Vega64). I think that one has a hardware problem. Tested it on another system, same error...
Now I did follow this step to make it headless: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-486#post-1970038
How do I revert this, so I can run the whole system on the iGPU as I don't have another GPU on hand right now.

Another thing, how well is the Radeon VII suported? In the case it's the GPU and I have to replace that. Does it make sense to go for a Radeon VII or get another Vega64? specific brand recommendation.

Thanks for your support.

Please try the attached file:
  • Copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS.
  • Rename the file.
This version:
  • Enabled headless mode with platform ID 0x3E980003.
  • Injects audio layout 16.
  • Both of these are done through Devices --> Properties so you'll see 2 entries there. First entry is for audio.
Hi @CaseySJ,
Thanks for your support.
But the result is the same. I see the grafics card only with 7 MB.
I think, I need to check my hardware.
I will inform if this is done.

You have been a lifesaver! I was about to give up when I came across your excellent post on your build. Just completed the build of my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra/i9 9900k/Asus Radeon RX580 following your steps. The only change I made was to include a different SSDT-UIAC for the Ultra MOBO. Runs like a charm! Thanks very much for your great and detailed build guide. See Geekbench results attached - multi core CPU score of 38,740...

Happy to share my config.plist with anyone else with an Aorus Ultra

Attachments

• Geekbench CPU.png
    Geekbench CPU.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 97
  • About this Mac.png
    About this Mac.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 83
Back