Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ,
I've tried it several times but without any success.
It will not generate the patch.
Here are some screenshots from my system.
Maybe you can help me.
Hello @hhorch65,

Based on the screenshots I think the following should be done:
  • Because "About this Mac" shows on 7 MB for the AMD RX 580 (instead of 4GB or 8GB) please try deleting SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml from the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • I just ran Hackintool 2.6.9 as well on my 2012 MacBook Air and it generates the Coffee Lake patch properly every time. So I'm not sure why it's not working on your system. All of your settings are correct. I can modify the config.plist for you if you upload it (you may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS).

Hey @CaseySJ, just checking:

My UHD 630 iGPU is not showing up in Geekbench for OpenCL compute benchmark. I can only test my VEGA 64. is that normal?

View attachment 416655
Hi @nifranza,

Maybe that's a limitation of the Tryout mode and requires a license to switch between multiple GPUs? From the "Window" menu bar:

I can check this later this evening unless someone else has an answer...

Mine works fine on Tryout mode

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 12.45.58 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 12.45.58 AM.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 54
Hello @hhorch65,

Based on the screenshots I think the following should be done:
  • Because "About this Mac" shows on 7 MB for the AMD RX 580 (instead of 4GB or 8GB) please try deleting SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml from the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • I just ran Hackintool 2.6.9 as well on my 2012 MacBook Air and it generates the Coffee Lake patch properly every time. So I'm not sure why it's not working on your system. All of your settings are correct. I can modify the config.plist for you if you upload it (you may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS).
Hi @CaseySJ,
without SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml also no success.
It would be very nice if you can patch my config.plist
Thank you so much

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 63
@rj510,

I understand you've done some work with OpenCore. There's an "OpenCore Configurator" similar to "Clover Configurator", but still in early stages. If you'd like to share any sample setups based on OpenCore for the Designare Z390, please feel free to do so.

Hi @CaseySJ,
without SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml also no success.
It would be very nice if you can patch my config.plist
Thank you so much
Please try the attached file:
  • Copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS.
  • Rename the file.
This version:
  • Enabled headless mode with platform ID 0x3E980003.
  • Injects audio layout 16.
  • Both of these are done through Devices --> Properties so you'll see 2 entries there. First entry is for audio.

Attachments

• config-hhorch65.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 60
Hi everyone just updated my clover boot loader 4988, and now I'm getting a black screen when trying to load into the OS, i can boot into the os no issues with my original Install USB with the EFI from just before I updated, any help?

EDIT:

So I replaced the whole EFI folder on my Machine and it works again, any reason why this might of happened, i do have my update EFI folder if anyone wants to look over it for me,

Hi everyone just updated my clover boot loader 4988, and now I'm getting a black screen when trying to load into the OS, i can boot into the os no issues with my original Install USB with the EFI from just before I updated, any help?
I believe this version of Clover uses a different folder name for the drivers, instead of “drivers64UEFI”. Just copy all drivers into the new folder and try again.

Mine works fine on Tryout mode
Are you implementing your iGPU to drive a monitor or in headless mode?

In my previous implementation (non-headless) I could see the UHD 630 in Geekbench. The problem persist only in headless mode.

Back