Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If the instructions here did not work, please ensure that Framebuffer --> macOS 10.14 has been selected:

View attachment 411773

Just checked. Framebuffer is macOS 10.14. But I still get an empty stub... Worked OK on my Z170x?

I also don't trust the igp and GFX0 renaming in Clover. ioregistry doesn't look right.

LG does appear in Sys Prefs -> Sound. Trying to play any audio & theres no sound.
It also shows the gray no sound overlay intermitently...so the LG panel may be bad

Interestingly I just moved my cloned sata WD Green 4TB to the Phanteks & plugged it in.
On reboot I see "This is disk is not recognizable by this computer" ..... which is odd as its a sata hdd plugged into 6/8 (tried both onboard sata)

I know this disk is a good one as I just finished a super duper backup & test rebooted from that disk using FW800 on my imac to make sure its bootable & both the partitions on it are HFS+
The idea was to migrate over data + apps from the disk to the 1TB internal M.2 on the M2P slot

diskutil list shows FDisk_partition_scheme disk6 (part 0) & 0xEE 500gb for disk6s1 .... really quite odd.
Does Mojave not read hfs ?

Just checked. Framebuffer is macOS 10.14. But I still get an empty stub... Worked OK on my Z170x?

I also don't trust the igp and GFX0 renaming in Clover. ioregistry doesn't look right.
Just did this on my 2012 MacBook Air with Hackintool 2.5.9:

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.21.27 PM.png
Works every time...

After inserting these settings into config.plist we need to:
  • Clear out Devices --> IntelGFX
  • Clear out Graphics --> ig-platform-id
  • Uncheck Graphics --> Inject Intel

Last edited:
LG does appear in Sys Prefs -> Sound. Trying to play any audio & theres no sound.
It also shows the gray no sound overlay intermitently...so the LG panel may be bad
On some monitors, volume can only be controlled from the monitor's on-screen menu. The presence of LG in Sound preferences panel is a good sign...
Interestingly I just moved my cloned sata WD Green 4TB to the Phanteks & plugged it in.
On reboot I see "This is disk is not recognizable by this computer" ..... which is odd as its a sata hdd plugged into 6/8 (tried both onboard sata)
What do you mean by "plugged into 6/8"? This board has six SATA ports from SATA0 to SATA5. The two ports that are never affected by M.2 SSDs are SATA2 and SATA3 (the 3rd and 4th ports). It's better to use those first.
I know this disk is a good one as I just finished a super duper backup & test rebooted from that disk using FW800 on my imac to make sure its bootable & both the partitions on it are HFS+
The idea was to migrate over data + apps from the disk to the 1TB internal M.2 on the M2P slot

diskutil list shows FDisk_partition_scheme disk6 (part 0) & 0xEE 500gb for disk6s1 .... really quite odd.
Does Mojave not read hfs ?
Mojave works perfectly with HFS+ so the problem you're seeing is certainly odd. It must be something simple! Check cables and connections...

@CaseySJ VDA is Fullly Supported so that's good news, thanks. I've no plans currently to use video editing apps just wanted to make sure my iGPU was contributing to overall performance. I currently have both my monitors plugged in to my RX570 so don't need the graphics card to be configured that way, if it makes any difference to anything?

When you say platform ID are you referring to the IntelGFX box under Fake ID in Clover?

Thanks again

By the way the fact that you're still helping us all on this 5000 posts later is incredible @CaseySJ !

@CaseySJ VDA is Fullly Supported so that's good news, thanks. I've no plans currently to use video editing apps just wanted to make sure my iGPU was contributing to overall performance. I currently have both my monitors plugged in to my RX570 so don't need the graphics card to be configured that way, if it makes any difference to anything?
If VDA Decoder is functional, please try Intel Power Gadget again. The Sony Camp 4K Demo might be able to move that pesky green line (unless the AMD GPU takes over completely)!

When you say platform ID are you referring to the IntelGFX box under Fake ID in Clover?
Fake ID appears in the Devices page of Clover Configurator. This is used to spoof the iGPU device ID, which is different from the Intel Graphics Platform ID or ig-plaform-id that is specified in the Graphics page of Clover Configurator.

Typo.... I tried Sata port 3 & 5
Then just for kicks I unplugged the samsung 860 ssd's attached to the side of the case & tried that & no go (they were on 2&4)
Then just to be really thorough I used an external sata to usb cable & plugged that into the usb....
This is really odd.... I'll post back when I find a solution

I'm assuming all 6 onboard sata ports are 6gb & backwards compatible as I tried the 6gb connector & 3gb & then the sata to usb...

Allright. I need to enable iGPU in BIOS, not use auto. Then Hackintool patching works, and I have some form of hardware video en/decoding. But as I mentioned before, I now have a minute of extra black screen before I get to the login screen?

By the way the fact that you're still helping us all on this 5000 posts later is incredible @CaseySJ !
I enjoy being involved in such a civilized community. As an aside, when we pay for something we rightfully feel a sense of entitlement to get our money's worth. So when problems occur, tempers often flare. But here there is no money involved, no sense of entitlement. I owe you nothing; you owe me nothing. :) We're volunteering our time, but in the process we're all learning and enriching a small part of our lives.

Back