Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your help in advance!

Follow your instructions, I was able to select USB drive, then next screen select Install macOS Ventura, then Apple logo displays forever without doing anything, I waited for 30 mins and still not seeing anything happens, pls help.
Please check BIOS parameters as described in main body of Post 1. We should use BIOS F9g or F9i.

We can also press and release CMD-V at OpenCore boot picker to enable screen logging, then select “Install macOS Ventura”.

Last edited:
I have an OWC Thunderbolt Dock connected to the SSP1/HSO8 Type C port on the Designare.

All is working great - I was checking through my System Information and I was surprised to see the OWC Dock show up in System Information --> USB as a USB Hub on the USB 3.1 Bus?

I am guessing this is normal?

I know that System Information --> PCI shows the Thunderbolt info, but should the Dock show up there too?

Last edited:
I have an OWC Thunderbolt Dock connected to the SSP1/HSO8 Type C port on the Designare.

All is working great - I was checking through my System Information and I was surprised to see the OWC Dock show up in System Information --> USB as a USB Hub on the USB 3.1 Bus?

I am guessing this is normal?

I know that System Information --> PCI shows the Thunderbolt info, but should the Dock show up there too?
Yes that sounds okay.

** Experimental OpenCore.efi with FixAppleVTD Kernel Quirk **
Purpose:
The patch to fix WiFi and Ethernet issues in macOS 13.3 has been incorporated directly into a test version of OpenCore that is attached to this post. This means it's not necessary to add the patch manually to config.plist.

Instead, a new Kernel Quirk called FixAppleVTD has been introduced that can be enabled and disabled as needed. When enabled, OpenCore itself will inject the patch into the right version of macOS.

Version:
This version of OpenCore.efi is based on the just-released OpenCore 0.9.1 code base, so it includes everything that's in 0.9.1.

Procedure:
  1. Disable the Kernel -> Patch if the patch has already been added and enabled.
  2. Replace existing OpenCore.efi in EFI/OC folder with the version attached below.
  3. Add these two lines (manually for now) into config.plist using a text editor as shown. The lines must be added in the Kernel Quirks section.
XML:
<key>FixAppleVTD</key>
<true/>
View attachment 565384
Save config.plist and reboot. Do WiFi and Ethernet continue to work?
Seems to work for me, too. Not sure the second Ethernet port is totally right... Will check again.

** Experimental OpenCore.efi with FixAppleVTD Kernel Quirk **
Purpose:
The patch to fix WiFi and Ethernet issues in macOS 13.3 has been incorporated directly into a test version of OpenCore that is attached to this post. This means it's not necessary to add the patch manually to config.plist.

Instead, a new Kernel Quirk called FixAppleVTD has been introduced that can be enabled and disabled as needed. When enabled, OpenCore itself will inject the patch into the right version of macOS.

Version:
This version of OpenCore.efi is based on the just-released OpenCore 0.9.1 code base, so it includes everything that's in 0.9.1.

Procedure:
  1. Disable the Kernel -> Patch if the patch has already been added and enabled.
  2. Replace existing OpenCore.efi in EFI/OC folder with the version attached below.
  3. Add these two lines (manually for now) into config.plist using a text editor as shown. The lines must be added in the Kernel Quirks section.
XML:
<key>FixAppleVTD</key>
<true/>
View attachment 565384
Save config.plist and reboot. Do WiFi and Ethernet continue to work?
Sorry ...spoke too soon. (32 G memory/Vtd on) - wireless works ethernet 2 does not. If I try to use ethernet 2 it boots and reaches the log - in screen then re- boots and so on. Shut down and plug into the other eth port and all is well.

Sorry ...spoke too soon. (32 G memory/Vtd on) - wireless works ethernet 2 does not. If I try to use ethernet 2 it boots and reaches the log - in screen then re- boots and so on. Shut down and plug into the other eth port and all is well.
Some questions:
  • Are you running macOS 13.3 release version?
  • Which port is Ethernet 2? Is it the one closest to HDMI port?

Some questions:
  • Are you running macOS 13.3 release version?
  • Which port is Ethernet 2? Is it the one closest to HDMI port?
I am running 13.3 release
The port that is working is the i219 (closest to the sound ports) "Ethernet"
The port causing the trouble is the i211 (next to the antenna connector) "Ethernet 2"

I am running 13.3 release
The port that is working is the i219 (closest to the sound ports) "Ethernet"
The port causing the trouble is the i211 (next to the antenna connector) "Ethernet 2"
Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator -> Kernel so we can check if the kext settings are okay. The window should be widened to show all columns.

Back