Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please see this guide for replacing Clover with OpenCore:
If you subsequently run into problems, feel free to post.
Thanks for the reply @CaseySJ. I should have mentioned that I did follow those steps. I'm on F9j, disabled CFG-Lock, removed the list of kexts from /Library/Extensions/ and removed the rc scripts.

I put the Monterey installer on a GUID partitioned usb stick, mounted the EFI partition and copied over the OpenCore 0.7.5 directory that you posted in this thread, renaming to /EFI at the root of the partition, renamed the config-AMD-GPU.plist, opened it with OpenCore Configurator and copied the PlatformInfo values from my old config.plist to the DataHub - Generic - Platform NVRAM section. I also set the verbose boot arg.

When I boot from my new USB stick, I get to the Picker, but when I try to boot my existing Mojave disk, I just get a few lines without any obvious errors, ending with `End RandomSeed` and then it just hangs.

When I try to boot the Monterey Installer from the same USB stick, I get a pretty small number of errors printed like I originally posted (attached below).

opencore-0-7-5-boot-installer.jpg

Did I miss any steps or do you have any ideas about where I should look?

Thanks!

----

Thanks @zgonda for the Clover configuration! I may fall back to that, but I'd like to try to get this OpenCore setup working, if possible

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Sorry for a long time in getting this back, but I'm on a crazy workload, and this Hackintosh is my workstation.

I have the compressed log attached.
EDIT: I'm also attaching the print for my stopwatch, so I can get a reference for the timestamps.

EDIT 2: I think I have a major news in this case - If I log off my user account, the system WILL ENTER SLEEP within 5 minutes of idle time.
This suggests that a user-space process might be interfering with sleep. Can you run Activity Monitor (from Utilities folder) and look at the Preventing Sleep column, like this:
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.35.35 AM.png

Another remark on your IOReg files, I can see that 2 SSDT files for Thunderbolt devices aren't properly loaded : For your two Thunderbolt tree, devices aren't renamed to UPSB, DSB0,...
Could be that I mixed my different IOReg. Attached is a new one and system logs with the correct thunderbolt SSDT for bios 3406.

Attachments

• New3406.ioreg.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • systemlog_bios3604.rtf.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the reply @CaseySJ. I should have mentioned that I did follow those steps. I'm on F9j, disabled CFG-Lock, removed the list of kexts from /Library/Extensions/ and removed the rc scripts.

I put the Monterey installer on a GUID partitioned usb stick, mounted the EFI partition and copied over the OpenCore 0.7.5 directory that you posted in this thread, renaming to /EFI at the root of the partition, renamed the config-AMD-GPU.plist, opened it with OpenCore Configurator and copied the PlatformInfo values from my old config.plist to the DataHub - Generic - Platform NVRAM section. I also set the verbose boot arg.

When I boot from my new USB stick, I get to the Picker, but when I try to boot my existing Mojave disk, I just get a few lines without any obvious errors, ending with `End RandomSeed` and then it just hangs.

When I try to boot the Monterey Installer from the same USB stick, I get a pretty small number of errors printed like I originally posted (attached below).

View attachment 533606

Did I miss any steps or do you have any ideas about where I should look?

Thanks!

----

Thanks @zgonda for the Clover configuration! I may fall back to that, but I'd like to try to get this OpenCore setup working, if possible
Thanks for the clear description of steps taken. Some thoughts and suggestions:
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.04.43 AM.png

• Also double-check that BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock is indeed Disabled.
  • Also feel free to compress and post your OpenCore EFI folder, but with serial numbers removed from config.plist.

@CaseySJ CFG-Lock was Enabled :banghead: (I had to reset CMOS after trying to enable CSM Support and must have missed this flag when re-applying everything)....

Well, now I get further, but I get a kernel panic pretty quickly:
batwings-kernel-panic.jpg

compressed EFI folder attached. Thank you so much for helping me out.

Attachments

• EFI-to-share.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 56
@CaseySJ CFG-Lock was Enabled :banghead: (I had to reset CMOS after trying to enable CSM Support and must have missed this flag when re-applying everything)....

Well, now I get further, but I get a kernel panic pretty quickly:
View attachment 533616

compressed EFI folder attached. Thank you so much for helping me out.
Let's do this:
  1. If you can still boot Mojave with Clover, please do that and post a screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  2. Also try the attached config.plist, but of course copy serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use.

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.9 KB · Views: 47
@CaseySJ given that I could no longer boot on my original disk with Clover, I figure I borked something with my Mojave install (which I wanted to replace anyway). I went ahead and ran the installer and it worked without issue. So far everything seems functional for me in Monterey. Thank you so much for all of your help and compiling all of these resources and guides :clap:

@CaseySJ given that I could no longer boot on my original disk with Clover, I figure I borked something with my Mojave install (which I wanted to replace anyway). I went ahead and ran the installer and it worked without issue. So far everything seems functional for me in Monterey. Thank you so much for all of your help and compiling all of these resources and guides :clap:
Glad to hear it. Welcome to the present! :)

hi

i have switch off my amd card

i test to boot with internal hdmi

it is booting but it's stop

Before remove amd card i have click on HackindRom on intel card

and in bios setup i have choose igfx output

have you got an idea to resolve ?

Thkx

Back