- Jul 15, 2019
- Gigabyte Z390 Designare
- Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB
- Mobile Phone
I'm sorry for the delay. It took me a long time to get a break from work so I could test this again.Please do the following:
Also confirm if the following list of issues is still correct for 0.7.3 (with Catalina):
- Compress and post the OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI folder (but remove serial numbers from config.plist)
- Compress and post the OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI folder (also remove serial numbers)
- Pink lines during boot (which is a problem during VRAM test and was fixed by WhateverGreen)
- Blank video signal when using DisplayPort from RX 580 (but HDMI is okay)
- Are you using a DP-to-DP cable (no adapters)
- If you enable CSM Support in BIOS, does DP work?
- Unable to wake fully from sleep
- In this case, please disable CpuTscSync.kext from the Kernel section of OpenCore Configurator, then reboot and try again. Does wake-from-sleep work now?
- Is VT-D enabled in BIOS? Ideally, it should be when using OpenCore 0.7.3.
nvram.plist is an artifact of Clover. In OpenCore we use native NVRAM, which requires disabling "CFG-Lock" in BIOS. Is the backup disk using Clover?
Now that OpenCore 0.74 is out I tried that version instead, and so far everything seems to be running smooth.
Manually sleeping MacOS Catalina works, and so does waking it up.
Historically I've had issues with very long periods of sleep (IE, the whole weekend), but I'll need time to test that out.
nvram.plist was likely never removed since I used clover from the initial build (before OC was widespread). Took this time to do that.
Just answering your questions:
Yes, I'm using DP-to-DP cable. No adapters.
CSM Support is still disabled, but I've also taken this chance to enable VT-d
CpuTscSync.kext is now disabled by default, as you mentioned, so maybe that has played a role.
Thanks again for all the support.
Quick Question: Can I use the Fractal R6 SSDT from post #1 on OpenCore 0.7.4 SSDT section here?