Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It will never say it's working there. Check PCI.

Thanks! It's showing something in PCI, but my Thunderbolt 2 Gtech RAID isnt showing up when connected via Apple's Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-06 19.11.22.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-06 19.11.22.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2019-04-06 19.11.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-06 19.11.16.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 65
Thanks! It's showing something in PCI, but my Thunderbolt 2 Gtech RAID isnt showing up when connected via Apple's Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter.

What works for me is to shut down and unplug for about 30 seconds. Turn on device or plug it, then plug in computer and boot. Good luck!

What works for me is to shut down and unplug for about 30 seconds. Turn on device or plug it, then plug in computer and boot. Good luck!

Ahh, does that mean hot plug isn't working with this build?

Ahh, does that mean hot plug isn't working with this “
Mine does but when coming off a cold boot you have to start this way. Restarts are fine. Let me know how it goes. Could be something else.

Last edited:
Those screenshots indicate a more fundamental problem. Please check that you have both the Thunderbolt SSDT and SSDT-DTPG in your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Edit: Your SSDTs are fine. Please double check Thunderbolt BIOS parameters, especially Thunderbolt Security.

Those screenshots indicate a more fundamental problem. Please check that you have both the Thunderbolt SSDT and SSDT-DTPG in your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Edit: Your SSDTs are fine. Please double check Thunderbolt BIOS parameters, especially Thunderbolt Security.

Thanks for responding. Here are my BIOS everything looks good.

**Side Note - Do you know why I'm locked out of editing the CPU frequency? (I attached photo of that too)

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpg
    IMG_2712.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
Can anyone recommend any hard drive controllers that work natively with Mac OS so I can add extra hdds to my system?

I can vouch for the one below. Fully loaded it with 4 drives. And although the description is misleading as it is not PCI 3.0, it works out of the box and it still should be ok for HDD. I think any card that has the same Marvell 88SE9215 chip on it should work out of the box.

I noticed though a little funkiness when I'm booting from it , but I'm still able to. Even that does not matter as in my case I do not really need this feature.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K2W2B88/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thanks for responding. Here are my BIOS everything looks good.

**Side Note - Do you know why I'm locked out of editing the CPU frequency? (I attached photo of that too)
The only other thing I can think of are the alternative SMC kexts you’re using. Have you tried the standard FakeSMC?

Back