Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sorry! My fault... do not use this!

Based on your High Sierra screenshot, we see that you are not using HS01, HS02, HS04, HS05, HS06. You are, however, using HS03, HS11, HS12, HS13 so we won't touch them. So let's just turn off these 5 ports like this (in Boot arguments):
Code:
uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS04;HS05;HS06
This means we should be able to see SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04, SS05, SS06

Ideally you should create a custom USB SSDT by following this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

It looks difficult, but it is quite easy if you have a pen and paper, and take notes at the key steps.

Looks Better but i can't live with 14USB limit right ?

Attachments

• Root.jpg
    Root.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 83
Looks Better but i can't live with 14USB limit right ?
That was just a test. I wanted to make sure we could see the SSxx ports.

Not all of these ports are real. Some of them are not connected to anything so we need determine which ones are not used so we can turn them off. Here is the simple procedure:
  • Remove the "uia_exclude=xxxx" line from Boot arguments and restart the computer. You will only see 14 HSxx ports and 1 SSxx port.
  • Find a USB 2.0 flash stick.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and go to the XHC section (just like the screenshot).
  • Insert USB 2.0 flash stick into each USB port ONE BY ONE. There are USB ports on the back I/O and the front (on the computer case).
  • Each time you insert the USB stick, one of the HSxx ports will change color in IORegistryExplorer.
  • This means the port is used, so write down the NAME (HSxx) of the port. Then safely eject the USB stick.
When you finish, you will have a list of USED HSxx ports.

If you can do this procedure and then reply with the list of USED ports, I can provide the next step...

By the way, we cannot use more than 15 ports anyway! And 15 ports is A LOT of USB ports!

Hi Videocutters,
Just finished my build and finally managed to get Final Cut working. IGPU works "headless"

You need to inject the right Platform id in your config.plist. I found out with "FBPatcher".
I have also thrown out the "ig-plattform-id", set FB Name to "Orinoco"
May SMBIOS is iMac18,3

Here is my plist to compare.
Look at Devices/Properties and Graphics in Clover Configurator.

More Information in: An idiot's Guide to Lilu and its Plug-ins

And thx to CaseySJ for his hard work

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
That was just a test. I wanted to make sure we could see the SSxx ports.

Not all of these ports are real. Some of them are not connected to anything so we need determine which ones are not used so we can turn them off. Here is the simple procedure:
  • Remove the "uia_exclude=xxxx" line from Boot arguments and restart the computer. You will only see 14 HSxx ports and 1 SSxx port.
  • Find a USB 2.0 flash stick.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and go to the XHC section (just like the screenshot).
  • Insert USB 2.0 flash stick into each USB port ONE BY ONE. There are USB ports on the back I/O and the front (on the computer case).
  • Each time you insert the USB stick, one of the HSxx ports will change color in IORegistryExplorer.
  • This means the port is used, so write down the NAME (HSxx) of the port. Then safely eject the USB stick.
When you finish, you will have a list of USED HSxx ports.

If you can do this procedure and then reply with the list of USED ports, I can provide the next step...

Thank you VERY VERY Much.
You are an excellent member of the Hackint0sh community.
i Wil try.
For now just find a non Vanilla solution with modified IOUSBHostFamily.kext and different port limit patching.
But Works..

Attachments

• Root.jpg
    Root.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 89
Hi Videocutters,
Just finished my build and finally managed to get Final Cut working. IGPU works "headless"

You need to inject the right Platform id in your config.plist. I found out with "FBPatcher".

You are my hero~! I will try this very shortly.

By the way, we cannot use more than 15 ports anyway! And 15 ports is A LOT of USB ports!
Remeber that USB 3 ports count as 2 while USB 2 ports count as 1.

Hi Videocutters,

You're using ig-platform-id 0x3E920003 and device ID 0x3E92. Orinoco is an AMD framebuffer personality. I believe my MSI RX 580 Gaming card defaults to this one, but because I don't have Final Cut Pro X, I cannot test it.

I'm sure others will try this and provide their feedback. If this works, this is MUCH better solution than disabling iGPU!

For the Aquantia 10GbE, please do have a look at KGP’s description to see if he needed Windows to flash the BIOS.

For the USB SSDT, the changes needed for Aorus Extreme should be very simple. If you do choose this board, I can modify the SSDT for you.

Hey @CaseySJ After too many thinking and planning, finally pulled the trigger and bought the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme together with i9 9900k

I should receive items during next week, looking forward to install them in my new Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Case....

Finguers crossed...

(your words also helped me to decide)

Remeber that USB 3 ports count as 2 while USB 2 ports count as 1.
Thank you VERY VERY Much.
You are an excellent member of the Hackint0sh community.
i Wil try.
For now just find a non Vanilla solution with modified IOUSBHostFamily.kext and different port limit patching.
But Works..
If you do decide to try the above steps, I can create a custom USB SSDT for you. That means you will not have to worry about USB Port Limit patches.

Back