Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've seen people have problems with the CSM version (GDDR5) that looks like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GF2CL6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Maybe you should post the exact specs of yours so that potential buyers can match them up.
Amazon has the CSM model but it doesn't appear to be the same. Dvi, HDMI, VGA are the same the card looks the same but may not be.

My card the CSM is for "Corporate Stable Model". This is the GT 610 version on amazon. ASUS Corporate Stable Model 2 GB Graphics ... - Amazon.comhttps://www.amazon.com › Corporate-Stable-Model-Gr...

Last edited:
Amazon has the CSM model but it doesn't appear to be the same.
Your link goes to the Asus GT 610 on Amazon. Does your heatsink look like that older version with more space between the fins and more of them ?

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Or does it look like this ?

Screen Shot 17.jpg

it looks like second one with smaller fins.
Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbup: It looks like the one you have is available on Amazon.com

470804-67f214d2c031066db1fdd51d28bcd189.jpg
Buyer's should note that it only supports 2 hackintosh displays. Only one can be 4K.

Screen Shot 18.jpg

Have you tested it only with Big Sur ? If so, would you test it with Mojave and Catalina ?
Yes I will later tonight.
Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbup: It looks like the one you have is available on Amazon.com

View attachment 515908 Buyer's should note that it only supports 2 hackintosh displays. Only one can be 4K.

View attachment 515907
There is another model with 4 HDMI ports that looks similar. That would be a good one to test next.

550F66AB-7616-48D6-A9DA-88C12798885A.jpeg

Hi Folks,

So I'm having a terrible time with USB freezes. Having bought myself a pluggable USB 2.0 10-port hub and followed the Best practices for USB 2.0 devices I'm still getting regular USB freezes.

1. Freezes only ever occur when using an SSL UF8 Control surface and logic pro X 10.6.1.
2. I don't have any USB 3 devices at all. Only usb devices plugged into HS09 and/or HS10.
3. I only have the SSL UF8, apple wired keyboard, Dell wired mouse and Apollo X16 Thunderbolt interface connected when the freezes occur.
4. I have removed the Fenvi card for now to eliminate possibilities. Still getting freezes.
5. Freezes seem more likely on large Logic projects with high CPU usage - although I'm not certain as freezes are seemingly random.
6. Nothing in the system log.
7. Have tried using the posted SSDT to limit ports to HS09, HS10 (USB 2) HS11 (internal), SS07 (USB3), SSP1 and SSP2.
8. Since using the Pluggable hub I've noticed that the SSL UF8 disconnects and reconnects by itself sometimes.
9. The SSL UF8 is listed as a USB 2.0 hub with two devices SSL Control I/F and HID Controller which both run up to 12Mbps.

I'm using Clover, not OpenCore as I can't get my RX 550 working on OC - Separate issue and have had limited time to try things (just need to figure out how to inject fakeID 0x67FF1002 and ATI in OC).

I used to get the freezes with my ICON Icon Pro X, with exactly the same conditions (i.e. using logic pro). Both device use the MCU protocol to communicate with logic pro.

Anyone any ideas what to try next? It's vital I get this working!

There is another model with 4 HDMI ports that looks similar. That would be a good one to test next.
Looks interesting. Install two and have up to 8 4K displays. Would require some testing first.
A matter of quantity over quality. I'm pretty sure these are still only HDMI 1.4 ports.

Asus released these in July 2020 at the height of the work at home pandemic. The increase in home office workers skyrocketed and they tried to fill that need with these 4 port HDMI cards.

1619099025189.png

Last edited:
Back