Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please try this:
  • Insert the USB install disk. Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select the USB.
  • At Clover Boot Menu, select the standard "Boot macOS from Mojave".
  • This should allow you to log into your system.
  • Then mount the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.
  • Delete FakeSMC and its sensor kexts from CLOVER/kexts/Other.
  • If you copied FakeSMC to /Library/Extensions, delete it from there as well.
  • Download RehabMan's FakeSMC.
  • Copy FakeSMC.kext and all of the sensor kexts to /Library/Extensions.
  • Copy just FakeSMC.kext also to CLOVER/kexts/Other.
  • Run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache. Do not skip this! Wait for it to complete. You will see a button called "Quit" on the bottom right corner of the window when the job is done.
  • Safely eject the USB install disk.
  • Reboot the computer normally.
This is the Fenvi FV-8801 and I don't think it's Mac compatible. The Fenvi FV-T919 is the one you need. If this is not available in Deutschland, please look for any BCM94360CD or BCM94360CS cards. You may need to purchase a separate PCIe x1 adapter. If you have some links to these parts and would like me to verify them for you, please ask.

Sorry my bad i booted the Clover from the SSD not the USB. Is there a problem if i remove the WiFi Card. I don't need wireless connection, Airdrop etc. LAN is engough for me. Or is it better to put a FV-T919 card in just for the sake of smooth running system?

thx

Last edited:
my problem is i dont come this far that i can log into my system. The error appears if i boot from Boot macOS from Mojave. The rest is no problem but how can i get into the EFI without booting from Boot macOS from Mojave?

Thats the screen i get after Boot macOS from Mojave.
Screenshot?

--- Side Note ---
Always make a backup as soon as you achieve your first working configuration. SATA SSDs are quite cheap today, about US$35 for 256GB. Combined with an external USB 3.1 enclosure, these drives can provide a bootable backup. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper or any other app of your choice that can create bootable backups. You will have to copy the EFI partition manually by mounting EFI on both original and backup drives, then using Finder to copy EFI folder from one to the other.
---------------

Boot from the USB install disk and see if you can start the Recovery volume from the Clover Boot Menu. If this works, you can open Terminal from the Tools menu and do this:
  • cd /Volumes/Mojave (replace "Mojave" with actual name of your Mojave SSD)
  • ls -l Library/Extensions (this will provide a directory listing)
  • Take a photo.
Now we'll do the same for the EFI partition:
  • diskutil list This will show all disks and partitions.
    Code:
    Mac-mini:~$ diskutil list
    /dev/disk0 (internal):
       #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
       0:      GUID_partition_scheme                         512.1 GB   disk0
       1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
       2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk2         511.9 GB   disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (internal):
       0:      GUID_partition_scheme                         240.1 GB   disk1
       1:         Microsoft Reserved                         16.8 MB    disk1s1
       2:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows M2P             240.0 GB   disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (synthesized):
       0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +511.8 GB   disk2
                                     Physical Store disk0s2
       1:                APFS Volume Mojave                  172.9 GB   disk2s1
       2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 46.2 MB    disk2s2
       3:                APFS Volume Recovery                522.7 MB   disk2s3
       4:                APFS Volume VM                      20.5 KB    disk2s4
  • We can see that our EFI partition is on disk0s1. This is the second entry in the list.
  • We'll mount that as follows:
    Code:
    cd /
    mkdir /Volumes/EFI
    mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
  • Now we can list the contents of the kext folder:
    ls -l /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Take another photo.
Please post both photos.

Screenshot?

--- Side Note ---
Always make a backup as soon as you achieve your first working configuration. SATA SSDs are quite cheap today, about US$35 for 256GB. Combined with an external USB 3.1 enclosure, these drives can provide a bootable backup. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper or any other app of your choice that can create bootable backups. You will have to copy the EFI partition manually by mounting EFI on both original and backup drives, then using Finder to copy EFI folder from one to the other.
---------------

Boot from the USB install disk and see if you can start the Recovery volume from the Clover Boot Menu. If this works, you can open Terminal from the Tools menu and do this:
  • cd /Volumes/Mojave (replace "Mojave" with actual name of your Mojave SSD)
  • ls -l Library/Extensions (this will provide a directory listing)
  • Take a photo.
Now we'll do the same for the EFI partition:
  • diskutil list This will show all disks and partitions.
    Code:
    Mac-mini:~$ diskutil list
    /dev/disk0 (internal):
       0:      GUID_partition_scheme                         512.1 GB   disk0
       1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
       2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk2         511.9 GB   disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (internal):
       0:      GUID_partition_scheme                         240.1 GB   disk1
       1:         Microsoft Reserved                         16.8 MB    disk1s1
       2:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows M2P             240.0 GB   disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (synthesized):
       0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +511.8 GB   disk2
                                     Physical Store disk0s2
       1:                APFS Volume Mojave                  172.9 GB   disk2s1
       2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 46.2 MB    disk2s2
       3:                APFS Volume Recovery                522.7 MB   disk2s3
       4:                APFS Volume VM                      20.5 KB    disk2s4
  • We can see that our EFI partition is on disk0s1. This is the second entry in the list.
  • We'll mount that as follows:
    Code:
    cd /
    mkdir /Volumes/EFI
    mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
  • Now we can list the contents of the kext folder:
    ls -l /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Take another photo.
Please post both photos.
Sorry my bad i booted the Clover from the SSD not the USB. Is there a problem if i remove the WiFi Card. I don't need wireless connection, Airdrop etc. LAN is engough for me. Or is it better to put a FV-T919 card in just for the sake of smooth running system?

thx alot for your help

thx alot for your help
If you don’t need wireless, AirDrop, Continuity, Handoff, Unlock with Apple Watch then it’s okay to remove the WiFi/BT card.

@CaseySJ. I saw earlier in the thread you mentioned renaming a 580 so that it comes first. Is there a walk through you could point me to or provide? This thread is endlessly valuable.

It would be better to start again with a 10.14.3 or 10.14.4 installer, but you can also try the following:
  • Complete the post-installation steps with iMac14,2.
  • Reboot and sign-in to iCloud and AppStore.
  • Update to 10.14.4 from within Mojave.
  • Log out of iCloud.
  • Then change SMBIOS to Macmini8,1 (you'll get new serial numbers; be sure to copy new Board Serial Number to RtVariables --> MLB) and reboot.
  • Log back into iCloud and AppStore.
  • From your iPhone or from iCloud.com, review your account information. You'll find the iMac14,2 registered there; delete it.
Again, it's better to start again with 10.14.3 or 10.14.4. To do this:
  • Be sure to first delete or move "Install MacOS Mojave" from the Applications folder on your real Mac. The App Store will not download the latest installer if it sees an old one already there.

So weird... I formatted the USB stick that I previously used to install 10.14.0, deleted all references to "Install MacOS" on my hard drive (and emptied the trash) and downloaded Mojave from the App Store but now when I prep the stick with unibeast it throws an error "couldn't detach os x base system"

I tried reformatting again and same issue... I'm googling now but wanted to see if you had any thoughts?

So weird... I formatted the USB stick that I previously used to install 10.14.0, deleted all references to "Install MacOS" on my hard drive (and emptied the trash) and downloaded Mojave from the App Store but now when I prep the stick with unibeast it throws an error "couldn't detach os x base system"

I tried reformatting again and same issue... I'm googling now but wanted to see if you had any thoughts?
When you formatted the USB disk again, did you select "Show All Devices" from the top left of Disk Utility window?

@CaseySJ. I saw earlier in the thread you mentioned renaming a 580 so that it comes first. Is there a walk through you could point me to or provide? This thread is endlessly valuable.
I'll create a mini guide for this later today or tomorrow, which will be posted here.

When you formatted the USB disk again, did you select "Show All Devices" from the top left of Disk Utility window?
Yep and I formatted the disk, not the volume.

Back