Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I think it's RP05, should be correct.
Yes the root port is RP05, but IOReg indicates that the Thunderbolt SSDT has not been invoked.
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • If using OpenCore, is there a reference to the Thunderbolt SSDT in config.plist --> ACPI?
  • Also, are you using SSDT-DTPG.aml?
Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 4.54.42 AM.png

Are the patches like SSDT-PMC, SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP that are listed at

...are these patches merged into the one of these files in the @CaseySJ folder distribution?

SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml or SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
Our version of SSDT-PMC is called SSDT-NVRAM. We also implement both the EC and USBX devices in our SSDTs.

Yes, I've tried a few. Just now I have added the settings and related SSDT for the Z390 AORUS Pro/Master, but I believe something is wrong.

Is this patch correct for my MB? Is this enough together with Z390 SSDTs?
  • Find: 5F453137
  • Replace: 58453137
  • Comment: _E17 to XE17
I add my Ioreg with these settings.
Please try the following:
  • ACPI Rename #1:
    • Find: 5F453137
    • Replace: 58453137
    • Comment: _E17 to XE17
  • ACPI Rename #2:
    • Find: 52503231142A5F494E49
    • Replace: 52503231142A58494E49
    • Comment: RP21:_INI to RP21:XINI
Then use the attached SSDT in combination with SSDT-DTPG.aml. Please perform a cold boot after making these changes (i.e. shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds, then boot).

We've had quite a bit of trouble with X299 systems, so I'd like to temper expectations.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-Designare-X299-LeleTuratti.aml
    4.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
We've had quite a bit of trouble with X299 systems, so I'd like to temper expectations.
Wow! Thanks @CaseySJ!
However, there is good and bad news.

Thunderbolt Bus is now present on Ioreg and on the Thunderbolt section of System Info.

Problems:
The situation is similar to before.
Alpine Ridge PCIe > Thunderbolt Dock > UAD Satellite > UAD Apollo Twin.
- Thunderbolt Dock
: must be connected at boot, if I disconnect it I lose the hotplug of the whole chain until the next reboot.
- UAD Satellite: Hotplug work
- UAD Apollo Twin: Hotplug doesn't work. It is only detected if it is turned on at boot.

In fact, it seems that with this SSDT is supported only two devices at a time.
And only the second device is hotpluggable.
Do you know anything about it?

Note:
In System Info, if I have 2 connected devices everything seems ok.
Thunderbolt Bus with 2 device.png

But if I turn on the third one (UAD Apollo Twin), which doesn't connect properly, the information takes longer to load and in the end only this is displayed.
Thunderbolt Bus with 3 device.png

As soon as I have a moment I would also like to try to search again GPIO3 in the hidden information of the BIOS with a software similar to AMIBCP.

Attachments

• Lele_Mac_Pro Thunderbolt Bus.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 55
Wow! Thanks @CaseySJ!
However, there is good and bad news.

Thunderbolt Bus is now present on Ioreg and on the Thunderbolt section of System Info.

Problems:
The situation is similar to before.
Alpine Ridge PCIe > Thunderbolt Dock > UAD Satellite > UAD Apollo Twin.
- Thunderbolt Dock
: must be connected at boot, if I disconnect it I lose the hotplug of the whole chain until the next reboot.
- UAD Satellite: Hotplug work
- UAD Apollo Twin: Hotplug doesn't work. It is only detected if it is turned on at boot.

In fact, it seems that with this SSDT is supported only two devices at a time.
And only the second device is hotpluggable.
Do you know anything about it?

Note:
In System Info, if I have 2 connected devices everything seems ok.

But if I turn on the third one (UAD Apollo Twin), which doesn't connect properly, the information takes longer to load and in the end only this is displayed.

As soon as I have a moment I would also like to try to search again GPIO3 in the hidden information of the BIOS with a software similar to AMIBCP.
There are three more suggestions that may or may not make a difference:
  1. After booting macOS, select Restart from the Apple menu. This is a warm boot. Then check whether the Thunderbolt Dock and UAD Apollo Twin can hot plug.
  2. Inside the SSDT, we are currently using the DROM from a Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge. We could replace it with the actual DROM from your motherboard.
    • If you have a Thunderbolt-capable version of Linux (most of the recent Linux kernels support Thunderbolt), the easiest option would be to boot into Linux and follow the simple guide in this post. If you upload the resulting file, I can extract the DROM, enable Thunderbolt Switch, assign unique ID (UID), and update the Thunderbolt SSDT.
  3. GPIO3 Force Power can be handled through the SSDT, but if you find the BIOS setting, that would be ideal. The attached SSDT (SSDT-TbtOnPch-Designare-X299-TBFP-LeleTuratti.aml) includes some code that attempts to implement GPIO3 Force Power.
Again, these actions may or may not help.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-Designare-X299-TBFP-LeleTuratti.aml
    4.9 KB · Views: 34
I'm using OC 0.6.3 with SSDT-DTPG.aml; I also add Thunderbolt SSDT in config.plist-ACPI (enabled).

Yes the root port is RP05, but IOReg indicates that the Thunderbolt SSDT has not been invoked.
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • If using OpenCore, is there a reference to the Thunderbolt SSDT in config.plist --> ACPI?
  • Also, are you using SSDT-DTPG.aml?
View attachment 500796

Unfortunately I still have the issue with Native Instruments losing their authorisation when using native nvram, it's just started doing this, as with native NVRAM before, (photo attached) currently have to re-load everything on startup.

Tried this:

Yes. I was struggling with an issue where Native Instruments plugins I legitimately own would need to be authorized every time I rebooted. After a long time of searching around online, I finally discovered that they were relying on the CPU's speed to do some kind of calculation for some reason, which isn't usually filled out by people in Clover.

I went in to Clover -> CPU -> and set my Frequency MHz to a value of '3700' (for 3.7ghz), rebooted, and reauthorized the software and the problem has finally went away. Seems kind of an odd parameter to use. I've talked to Waves who and a few other companies who have told me they use the ethernet hardware ID's. Native Instruments is the only one I've ever had a problem with. I was glad to have finally found a fix, and it was cool of them to actually give one/support the Hackintosh community.

So far seems to work again, will see if it holds!

@CaseySJ Need help with Bluetooth and WiFi. If that can be fixed as can't find Bluetooth in Settings and WiFi is not Working for me. Only Ethernet is showing working for me. Please help and do let me know if any information is required from my end. Thanks in advance brother.

One more thing. I am unable to get my Linux partition working for me as the Bootloader someone suggested to go for refind, but not sure how to use it with OpenCore and all. Please help. I'm looking forward to hear from you what can be done so that my triple boot machine starts working as it was working with Clover.

Try enabling RebuildAppleMemoryMap in your config.plist to allow you to boot Linux.

Hey @CaseySJ I have an issue with my boot. Something happened last night where my computer rebooted from sleep by itself, and its been stuck on this screen. I’ve done a hard restart and it’ll go through OpenCore boot and stuff but keep ending up at this frame.

What do I need to do in the BIOS to fix this issue?

EDIT: Here are some boot screen settings.

Attachments

• BCE2CE8B-3AE7-448C-83F3-0590E17B9877.jpeg
    BCE2CE8B-3AE7-448C-83F3-0590E17B9877.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • B3716845-D0B8-4548-84EE-4261614B2107.jpeg
    B3716845-D0B8-4548-84EE-4261614B2107.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 0EB1A5DB-1F7F-43B9-B8F7-476EA2F08F43.jpeg
    0EB1A5DB-1F7F-43B9-B8F7-476EA2F08F43.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 95803205-50AC-44E8-853E-F210486877CE.jpeg
    95803205-50AC-44E8-853E-F210486877CE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
Hey @CaseySJ I have an issue with my boot. Something happened last night where my computer rebooted from sleep by itself, and its been stuck on this screen. I’ve done a hard restart and it’ll go through OpenCore boot and stuff but keep ending up at this frame.

What do I need to do in the BIOS to fix this issue?

EDIT: Here are some boot screen settings.
Please configure BIOS according to post #1, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Also upgrade to F9g or newer, and set “BIOS —> Boot —> CFG-Lock” to Disabled.

Back