Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello all
I have ASUS UX550GE TB3 dump. Can anyone help me with patching it ? Much appreciated.
Best regards and thanks in advance

Attachments

• ASUS_UX550GE_TB3.bin.zip
    115.1 KB · Views: 53
Have you toggled Verbose on? In the screenshot, Verbose is still unchecked.
I'm sorry I think I didn't select properly verbose mode during that test.

Anyway good news (I hope)!
Now everything works as it supposed to work.

-Both Mojave and Catalina boot properly.
-Mojave boots with and without Catalina SSD attached, during the clover boot Mojave shows 10.14.6 version.
-Clover finally load the Mojave "Default boot disk" which was set on the config.plist (before it was loading always the Catalina one, no matter what I had selected on Clover Configurator)

-Catalina boots with and without Mojave SSD attached (that was true also before.)

I also found what created all this mess. I'm not sure if it's me that I do something wrong but any time I open the confing.plist using clover configurator version 5.16.0.0, even only to reference something (so I don't change anything on config.plist file) that operation mess up with the Mac OSX version on clover boot.
Sometimes is 10.14.6 on Catalina end 10.15.7 on Mojave, sometimes is 10.15.7 on both (Mojave and Catalina).
Sometimes is 10.14.6 on both.

At the moment they are correct:
Mojave boot = 10.14.6
Catalina boot = 10.15.7

My question is, how can I make sure I don't mess up with that when I need to edit or even only open one of the config.plist? Should I change Clover configurator version? What do you recommend?

-Mojave boots with and without Catalina SSD attached, during the clover boot Mojave shows 10.14.6 version.
-Clover finally load the Mojave "Default boot disk" which was set on the config.plist (before it was loading always the Catalina one, no matter what I had selected on Clover Configurator)

-Catalina boots with and without Mojave SSD attached (that was true also before.)

I also found what created all this mess. I'm not sure if it's me that I do something wrong but any time I open the confing.plist using clover configurator version 5.16.0.0, even only to referencing something (so I don't change anything on config.plist file) that operation mess up with the Mac OSX version on clover boot.
Sometimes is 10.14.6 on Catalina end 10.15.7 on Mojave, sometimes is 10.15.7 on both (Mojave and Catalina).

Mojave boot = 10.14.6
Catalina boot = 10.15.7

My question is, how can I make sure I don't mess up with that when I need to edit or even only open one of the config.plist? Should I change Clover configurator version? What do you recommend?
Clover Configurator (and OpenCore Configurator and several other apps) get confused when we mount two or more EFI partitions at the same time:
  • EFI (from Disk A)
  • EFI (from Disk B)
If open config.plist from Disk A, it could get written to Disk B, and vice-versa. Therefore, whenever using Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator always check that only one EFI partition is mounted.

Hello all
I have ASUS UX550GE TB3 dump. Can anyone help me with patching it ? Much appreciated.

@CaseySJ just extracted DROM, its a Titan Ridge?
Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 22.59.08.png

I also found what created all this mess. I'm not sure if it's me that I do something wrong but any time I open the confing.plist using clover configurator version 5.16.0.0, even only to reference something (so I don't change anything on config.plist file) that operation mess up with the Mac OSX version on clover boot.

Mojave boot = 10.14.6
Catalina boot = 10.15.7

@CaseySJ Also,

There is a strange name in the Bios Boot for the Catalina Mojave SSD:
- Clover Start boot.efi at CATALINA (P5: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB)

Is that normal?

Attachments

• PXL_20201023_164314238.jpg
    PXL_20201023_164314238.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
Hello all
Good job in extracting the Thunderbolt firmware. This seems to be an Alpine Ridge chip. Please try the attached modified firmware.

After flashing is done, please post the following files in order to create a proper Thunderbolt hot-plug SSDT:
  • IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As... then post the saved file. IORegistryExplorer can be downloaded from here.
  • Your System DSDT. Simply download and run MaciASL then select File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT. Then save that file and post.

Attachments

• ASUS_UX550GE_TB3-CASEY-MOD-1.bin.zip
    115.6 KB · Views: 57
@CaseySJ Also,

There is a strange name in the Bios Boot for the Catalina Mojave SSD:
- Clover Start boot.efi at CATALINA (P5: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB)

Is that normal?
It seems harmless, but technically should not be there. Please try the following:
  • Reset NVRAM.
  • If not successful, perform cold boot by shutting down and flipping power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds, then power back up and boot.
  • If not successful, mount EFI partition of that disk, open it in Finder, expand the EFI, EFI/OC, EFI/BOOT folders and post a screenshot.

Clover Configurator (and OpenCore Configurator and several other apps) get confused when we mount two or more EFI partitions at the same time:
  • EFI (from Disk A)
  • EFI (from Disk B)
If open config.plist from Disk A, it could get written to Disk B, and vice-versa. Therefore, whenever using Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator always check that only one EFI partition is mounted.
Ok, that's good to know.
So now everything is much clear to me.

Many thanks for your help!

That screenshot looks good. Let's check some more things:
  • Which version of WhateverGreen are you using?
  • Which cable are you using? Do you have a product link?
  • In BIOS, is Internal Graphics enabled?
  • Please run IORegistryExplorer, select File --> Save As..., and post the saved file. This will show us the iGPU configuration.

Using the iGPU to drive a display monitor is not recommended, but it is okay for temporarily use (generally for debugging a problem with AMD GPU or while waiting for AMD GPU order to be delivered).

Because you are trying to debug the issue of blank screen after wake-from-sleep with the AMD GPU, I don't think it makes too much sense to activate iGPU video. However, this still makes sense if you subsequently remove the AMD GPU and test sleep/wake behavior using only the on-board video ports.
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • What is the make/model of the AMD GPU?
  • I'm not sure if it's the right way to check the version number, but according to the screenshot it's 1.3.5 (I used **Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 and Newer ** to set things up and didn't install any additional kexts)
    1603486119366.png
  • I'm trying to use this cable. I actually ordered two, because I didn't know it's not recommended to drive monitors through USB C. Sad to hear that is the case.
  • In BIOS, is Internal Graphics enabled? - I believe so. I was able to run one monitor via HDMI (before changing the platform ID), when I removed the GPU according to your previous suggestions and tested everything in Windows, because the issue happened on Windows when trying to wake from hibernation mode. Just to remind you, the result was that I was able to wake up normally from hibernation. Here's the link to the post with more details.
  • IORegistryExplorer file seems to contain the serial number, which you asked to remove before. Can I send this file privately to you or I shouldn't be bothered? I don't seem to be able to remove it from the created file.
  • I have Catalina 10.15.3.
  • The GPU I have is MSI VGA Graphic Cards RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC.

Back