Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Anyone have SSDT for the Gigabyte X299 Designare EX?

I need hot-plug.

Generate Hackintool PCI:

What rom do you recommend to upload?
How to generate an SSDT that gives a hot-plug.

The Gigabyte X299 Designare EX attaches its on-board Alpine Ridge controller to RP05, same as Z390 Designare. You can therefore use the attached two files. Copy them both to the CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder and reboot.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-DESIGNARE-EX-TB3.aml
    6 KB · Views: 38
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 38
Hi Casey, I have been following your progress here for months and am in the middle of my build. This is an amazing thread and it seems all very clearly laid out until...

In the installation instructions at #20. I skipped logging into my iCloud account, because I am hoping later on, when everything is running well, to transfer my EFI folder and /L/E kexts to a back up from my Z77 build, which also runs 10.14.6 and was a clean install a few months back.

With your instructions and a fresh 10.14.6 install, I got as far as making my bootable back-up with CCC and then disaster stuck, upon booting from the back up (My USB3.0 stick still inserted) I got the back screen with "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report....." Afterwards, I couldn't boot from my internal or my cloned external (with cloned EFI).

I did back up my EFI folder on to the USB for later and only by pressing F12 and selecting the USB, then selecting my internal drive can I get back to a working internal drive. So it seems the system can only boot from the EFI on the USB stick?

I wiped the internal drive and went through all the steps again, only to have it happen a 2nd time, at the same point, just after I made my bootable back up (external on a USB3.0 port) and upon reboot, selecting it from Clover, I get the same message: "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report....."

I have no idea from here, only that I need to log into iCloud and maybe I will have to start over again....

Unless any kind souls have some suggestions? - Many thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I took the USB EFI and put it onto my Internal NVMe Boot (along with the nvram.plist file) and it booted fine, I just need to redo the post install.

Do I need to unlock NVRAM... ? I have not seen that it's necessary on 10.14.6 or I haven't gotten that far. Thank you.
Glad you figured it out. A disk is not bootable without the EFI folder in the EFI partition. If Mojave is booting up now, then it's not strictly necessary to enable native NVRAM, but it is advisable to flash BIOS F9g (which unlocks CFG-Lock by default) and then following the guide for enabling native NVRAM (see Quick Reference spoiler). However, it's best to have working bootable backup disk before starting this procedure.

You are indeed using the correct USB SSDT. Some more questions:
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • Please post screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • Also post screenshot of CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in EFI partition.
  • Then run Terminal and type kextstat | grep -v apple and post the output.
Catalina 10.15.7

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.25.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.25.48.png
    216 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.26.44.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.26.44.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.34.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.34.00.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 64
Catalina 10.15.7
Check the BIOS Boot order:
  • Go to BIOS Setup --> Boot section.
  • What drive is listed as the 1st Boot Disk?

Attachments

• 506CB7AF-56F4-49DB-AB5F-6CBBFDF61998.jpeg
    506CB7AF-56F4-49DB-AB5F-6CBBFDF61998.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 39
  • Is there an EFI partition on the 2nd and 3rd drives?
  • When you mounted the EFI partition to look at the Clover configuration, did you mount the 1st drive?
  • You may also download and run MaciASL from here. Then select File --> Export Tableset... and then compress and upload that file.
  • Also run the following commands in Terminal:
    • sudo touch /Library/Extensions
    • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    • Then reboot and check if USB 2 ports work.
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.24.50 AM.png

• Is there an EFI partition on the 2nd and 3rd drives?
  • When you mounted the EFI partition to look at the Clover configuration, did you mount the 1st drive?
  • You may also download and run MaciASL from here. Then select File --> Export Tableset... and then compress and upload that file.
  • Also run the following commands in Terminal:
    • sudo touch /Library/Extensions
    • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    • Then reboot and check if USB 2 ports work.
View attachment 492802
always only EFI Partition 1st drive ADATA

Attachments

• iMac di G.acpi.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 43
always only EFI Partition 1st drive ADATA
Have you tried the 4th bullet (two commands to be run in Terminal)?

If so, please run IORegistryExplorer (after performing the 4th bullet) and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.

About the 4th bullet, I hope so!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 22.51.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 22.51.00.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 51
  • iMac di Gae.ioreg
    27.5 MB · Views: 46
About the 4th bullet, I hope so!

Your USB 2.0 ports (the two black Type A ports on the rear IO Panel -- not the two USB-C/Thunderbolt ports) are activated and working fine at HS09 and HS10.
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 2.07.09 PM.png

Back