Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

UPDATE:
** macOS 10.14.4 Update **

Just completed the update to 10.14.4, which went more smoothly than the previous two updates. From System Preferences --> Software Update let macOS download and install the update for you. Please make a full bootable backup of your existing system. The "Installing macOS" screen will appear twice with the message "X minutes remaining". There will be a sudden reboot after the first appearance. Let the system reboot itself ("Boot Install macOS from Mojave" at Clover) and this time the update will proceed to the end and provide a graceful 8 or 10 second reboot countdown.

When the system restarts, macOS will automatically rebuild kernel caches, so the startup time will be about 30 seconds longer than usual. Subsequent reboots will resume at normal speed.

Unfortunately, this version does not recognize the i7-9700K processor:
View attachment 395081
If you have an i5-9600K or i9-9900K, please check this field. The new iMacs come with either 9th generation i5 or i9 processors, but not i7.
Well, I wasn’t so lucky lol. I’ll sort out tomorrow. I get to clover boot from “install Mac OS” after first reboot but hang at an appleHDA error.

UPDATE: I disconnected all my TB3 drives, my USB audio interface and an USB external drive, booted up finished install (Rather Quickly). I verified it is Mac 10.14.4. Processor still shows "unknown" but I am iMac18.3 and as long as it is stable, don't plan on changing. @CaseySJ thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
Could this be related to an incorrect setting or kext?
We don't require AirPrtBrcm and PatchRAM kexts for this card. No third-party file of any kind is needed, which is what makes these BCM94360-series cards so valuable to the Hackintosh community. So the problem you're seeing is not software-related.

Where did you buy the card? This one is not from Newegg, right?

Guess Newegg dropped the egg on the floor and made a mess. Maybe they've just gotten too big since they've gone global. That's a lot of territory to cover.
It might not be Newegg this time!

Well, I wasn’t so lucky lol. I’ll sort out tomorrow. I get to clover boot from “install Mac OS” after first reboot but hang at an appleHDA error.
Jules, I wonder if it's a good idea to unplug all Thunderbolt and non-essential USB devices. I hope you made a complete (bootable) backup ahead of time!

Jules, I wonder if it's a good idea to unplug all Thunderbolt and non-essential USB devices. I hope you made a complete (bootable) backup ahead of time!
I’ll try that. I see them all get mounted in verbose. I have a non bootable B/U... I’ll have her back in 30 min, worst case lol

We don't require AirPrtBrcm and PatchRAM kexts for this card. No third-party file of any kind is needed, which is what makes these BCM94360-series cards so valuable to the Hackintosh community. So the problem you're seeing is not software-related.

Where did you buy the card? This one is not from Newegg, right?
No. From Ebay seller. Labeled as a Hackintosh card.
Card image attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.00.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.00.22 PM.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 66
hi friend i just did the combo update for 10.14.4 and all working ok
except usb 3 not working at all

my hackintosh is by your guide and everything was working perfect until i made the update
can you please help me ?!

hi friend i just did the combo update for 10.14.4 and all working ok
except usb 3 not working at all

my hackintosh is by your guide and everything was working perfect until i made the update
can you please help me ?!

I too updated to 10.14.4 and it went well.

I then changed in Clover, the model from iMac18,3 to iMac19,3. I ran Geekbench 4 and saw no difference in speed (both tests were run after converting to 10.14.4). But I only changed the model, no change in SN, etc. and I don't know if other values might affect the outcome.

Last edited:
I too updated to 10.14.4 and it went well.

I then changed in Clover, the model from iMac18,3 to iMac19,3. I ran Geekbench 4 and saw no difference in speed. (But I only changed the model, no change in SN, etc.)
Is your i9-9900K recognized in "About this Mac"? Or does the CPU appear as "Unknown"?

Back