Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey... Back again!
I am frustratingly close! I have WiFi and BT seems to be seen y the system but it is also reporting an Erricson BT device.
I can even see a device in the BT window but cant enable/disable BT or connect to anything.
I've included a snap of my kext folder as well as my L/E.
HALP!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.16.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.16.30 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.15.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.15.11 PM.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.14.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.14.35 PM.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.14.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.14.03 PM.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.13.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.13.53 PM.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.13.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 7.13.38 PM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 73
Anybody tried to connect iPhone to the Designare z390? I tried with both internal thunderbolts and also with Titan Ridge without any success. In the Thunderbolt part of the System info I see only
Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.
but for example eGPU works as expected. And in PCI section I see "Driver installed: Yes" for both:
I have connected -- but using USB, the TB-3 ports don't support it. I tried a USBC to lighting cable no luck. Others report the same. It works seamless on the USB ports
Jules
iPhones are stuck at USB 2.0 transfer speeds when using a Lightning to USB Type C adapter. The two Thunderbolt 3 ports on this system are currently configured only for USB 3.0 speeds, which is why a USB 2.0 device fails to connect. We can certainly enable USB 2.0 on the Thunderbolt ports, but this will require 2 additional entries in the USB SSDT, which is already defining a maximum of 15 USB ports.

So if we enable prehistoric, Paleolithic USB 2.0 on our space-age neolithic Thunderbolt 3 ports, we would need to disable two other USB ports somewhere.

We therefore think it's best to use a Lightning to USB Type A cable instead of a Lightning to USB Type C cable for all current iPhones. I sincerely hope Apple switches to USB 3.0 speeds in the next generation.

Last edited:
Hi Casey... Back again!
I am frustratingly close! I have WiFi and BT seems to be seen y the system but it is also reporting an Erricson BT device.
I can even see a device in the BT window but cant enable/disable BT or connect to anything.
I've included a snap of my kext folder as well as my L/E.
HALP!

Thanks again!
To paraphrase from some bad Tinseltown production:

"When we last saw our esteemed protagonist (that would be you), he was returning a defective or fake Fenvi card to NewEgg. Now, about a week later, the protagonist returns with what is presumably a replacement. But that, too, suffers the same slings and arrows as the first. How should our protagonist respond? The trusted merchant has failed him twice. Perhaps the only recourse now is to import one from China via eBay. Or to switch to a different part like the Padarsey from Amazon. Or to a different model such as the BCM94360CD. When life throws you a bunch of lemons...well, we can't quite make lemonade out of this mess!"

Yeah, I have no future in Apple's TV+ venture! :)

To paraphrase from some bad Tinseltown production:

"When we last saw our esteemed protagonist (that would be you), he was returning a defective or fake Fenvi card to NewEgg. Now, about a week later, the protagonist returns with what is presumably a replacement. But that, too, suffers the same slings and arrows as the first. How should our protagonist respond? The trusted merchant has failed him twice. Perhaps the only recourse now is to import one from China via eBay. Or to switch to a different part like the Padarsey from Amazon. Or to a different model such as the BCM94360CD. When life throws you a bunch of lemons...well, we can't quite make lemonade out of this mess!"

Yeah, I have no future in Apple's TV+ venture! :)
Genius! 4 stars!
This is another card with an actual Broadcom BT/Wifi card on it. It's from a vendor that includes Hackintosh instructions (which admittedly are more or less, "plug it in dumbass").

** macOS 10.14.4 Update **

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR Mojave SSD WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF CLOVER, which can be downloaded from here.

Just completed the update to 10.14.4, which went more smoothly than the previous two updates. From System Preferences --> Software Update let macOS download and install the update for you. Please make a full bootable backup of your existing system. The "Installing macOS" screen will appear twice with the message "X minutes remaining". There will be a sudden reboot after the first appearance. Let the system reboot itself ("Boot Install macOS from Mojave" at Clover) and this time the update will proceed to the end and provide a graceful 8 or 10 second reboot countdown.

When the system restarts, macOS will automatically rebuild kernel caches, so the startup time will be about 30 seconds longer than usual. Subsequent reboots will resume at normal speed.

Unfortunately, this version does not recognize the i7-9700K processor:
Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 6.15.47 PM.png
If you have an i5-9600K or i9-9900K, please check this field. The new iMacs come with either 9th generation i5 or i9 processors, but not i7.

Last edited:
This is another card with an actual Broadcom BT/Wifi card on it. It's from a vendor that includes Hackintosh instructions (which admittedly are more or less, "plug it in dumbass").
Unfortunately your new card suffers from the same litany of errors as the previous:
  • No Bluetooth address (MAC address)
  • Incorrect vendor
  • No firmware version number
  • No PHY modes such as 802.11 b/n/g/ac
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
At least it's not another Fenvi from NewEgg -- not double jeopardy. Do let us know what you decide to do next, as it will help others also in their decision making process.

Unfortunately your new card suffers from the same litany of errors as the previous:
  • No Bluetooth address (MAC address)
  • Incorrect vendor
  • No firmware version number
  • No PHY modes such as 802.11 b/n/g/ac
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
At least it's not another Fenvi from NewEgg -- not double jeopardy. Do let us know what you decide to do next, as it will help others also in their decision making process.
Could this be related to an incorrect setting or kext?

I can't - luckily I have backup of the previous version. Previous update was successful but not this one - I received errors.
Were you able to capture screenshots of the error? It's still possible to enable Verbose mode by pressing Spacebar at the Clover Boot Menu.

Back