Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I disabled that renaming, rebooted, still Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.
What does IORegistryExplorer show at RP05?

Attached is another version that performs an internal Force Power.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-Intel-NUC8.aml
    4.9 KB · Views: 68
Those ACPI patches are generally okay. It does not matter which card, if any, is installed. The only thing that matters is for Thunderbolt to be enabled in BIOS before dumping DSDT.aml.

its on RP21 bottom 16x slot @ 4x No THB_C cable attached 3/5 bridged.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    179.4 KB · Views: 69
What does IORegistryExplorer show at RP05?

Attached is another version that performs an internal Force Power.
Using latest version, still Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 1.10.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 1.10.27 AM.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 1.10.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 1.10.18 AM.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 59
Someone else experienced something similar -- he could not perform large file transfers between USB-connected drives. One or both of the drives would suddenly disconnect. After much frustration, he found that dropouts were occurring in Windows as well, which led to the suspicion that it was a hardware problem. After getting a replacement board the USB problems disappeared.

If you experience the same dropouts or USB flakiness even in Windows then it may also point to a hardware fault.

Thanks Casey. I haven't had any issues under Windows at all. For some reason, it's only under OSX. This is actually is related to what I suspect is an on-going USB issue I've been battling since my last build (which was on High Sierra). I had weird USB issues on that system too and never got them sorted out except on high sierra, they were audio/usb dropouts on Console, but the system never stopped functioning.

However, at this point, I've replaced literally every piece of hardware on the system with the exception of the keyboard, PSU, my main NVME drive, this this bluetooth/wifi card, and the actual case itself - I'm thinking it's probably not a direct hardware fault, but rather probably some inconsistency in OSX with a piece of the hardware. I'm starting to think it very well may be this bluetooth/wifi card. What strikes me as odd though is, I believe the chip I'm using is a BCM94360CD, which I think is used pretty commonly without issue? I suppose it could be something with the case's front USB3 ports too, seems unlikely though?

I do feel I've made some progress by finally determining that it's some part of the USB that's dropping out though. Problem is, it's so hard to duplicate this issue, that I've been trying to track it down for so long now.

[QUOTE =“ CaseySJ,帖子:2122014,成员:2134452”]
MSI B360m MORTAR已添加到存储库
[/引用]
QQ20200514-134304@2x.png

I disabled that renaming, rebooted, still Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.

and @fangmngqiang

If you're saying what I think you're saying, it's okay: It's supposed to look that way, as long as the device is connecting. See attachments, please.

Attachments

• TB.png
    TB.png
    387.1 KB · Views: 88
  • PCI.png
    PCI.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 85
Okay. I'm going to step out of this one for now and let @CaseySJ handle it: I don't want to make things worse. FWIW, I'm still on Clover, unmodified Thunderbolt, and non-native NVRAM on the Z390...

Thanks Casey. I haven't had any issues under Windows at all. For some reason, it's only under OSX. This is actually is related to what I suspect is an on-going USB issue I've been battling since my last build (which was on High Sierra). I had weird USB issues on that system too and never got them sorted out except on high sierra, they were audio/usb dropouts on Console, but the system never stopped functioning.

However, at this point, I've replaced literally every piece of hardware on the system with the exception of the keyboard, PSU, my main NVME drive, this this bluetooth/wifi card, and the actual case itself - I'm thinking it's probably not a direct hardware fault, but rather probably some inconsistency in OSX with a piece of the hardware. I'm starting to think it very well may be this bluetooth/wifi card. What strikes me as odd though is, I believe the chip I'm using is a BCM94360CD, which I think is used pretty commonly without issue? I suppose it could be something with the case's front USB3 ports too, seems unlikely though?

I do feel I've made some progress by finally determining that it's some part of the USB that's dropping out though. Problem is, it's so hard to duplicate this issue, that I've been trying to track it down for so long now.

Is bus-polling still a thing on USB? A USB audio interface should be the only device on that USB port, and directly plugged into that same port. Any USB audio interface will probably saturate that bus, so I wouldn't use it for data. Can you just use tried and true Gb Ethernet to transfer files?

Attachments

• If you have this UAD control panel and a UAD USB device.png
    If you have this UAD control panel and a UAD USB device.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 78
Using latest version, still Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.
@CaseySJ There is some difference between Intel NUC 'Bean Canyon' and 'Hades Canyon':
Intel NUC Bean Canyon has "JHL6340 Thunderbolt 3 NHI" with single tbt 3 port.
Intel NUC Hades Canyon has "JHL6540 Thunderbolt 3 NHI" with two tbt 3 port.
I' not sure if this will help.

Back