Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

First off, thanks for all the replies :)

I removed the following: SMCBatteryManager, SMCLightSensor, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_GbX, and the old SmallTreeIntel kext

After adding the new SmallTreeIntel kext I shut down, turned off the power supply for 10 seconds, checked that MSR 0xE2 was still unlocked, booted to Catalina and tried to update... but unfortunately have the same kernel cache issue. Hmm. I do see that kextstat | grep -v apple doesn't show the kexts I removed as expected. Is there something I forgot to do?
Please try this in Terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Then reboot, login, and attempt the update again. Any difference?

Thanks again CaseySJ! I have worked in MacOs all day long and backed every thing up on my backup ssd and did a new time machine as well.

Edit:
I will enable these option under "kernel and kext patches" and that should do it. Thanks again!
This actually indicates that native NVRAM is not working. In addition to unlocking MSR 0xE2 we need to install SSDT-NVRAM.aml and remove EmuVariableUefi.efi. But most likely MSR 0xE2 might still be locked (if it return 0x01 it is locked).

That's an awesome start! I didn't expect to see that much on the first attempt. :)

I've PM'd a modified TbtOnPCH SSDT that uses a modified ThunderboltDROM. Let's switch to that one and reboot with the Nekteck dock connected.

As soon as you log in, check if the dock is connected. It might auto-disconnect in 20 seconds. Remember that this 20-seconds to extinction phenomenon prompted Elias and I to put the SSDT work on hold.

A different way to check if Thunderbolt Bus is working:
  • Unzip the attached tbpatch file into Downloads.
  • Run Terminal. Close all other apps, but keep Terminal running and reboot the system.
  • As soon as you login, go to the already-open Terminal window and type:
  • sudo ~/Downloads/tbpatch list
  • Quickly enter your password.
  • What does it return?
  • Then repeat the command after 20 seconds.
  • What does it return?
Well interesting enough I can boot on the new SSDT, however running the tbpatch list command locks the machine solid, both within the 20 second window and outside the 20 second window.

if I access System Info within the 20 second window the Thunderbolt tree is blank. After the 20 second window the tree shows both ports but with nothing attached.

Attachments

• Ceres_Test_2.jpg
    Ceres_Test_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
Well interesting enough I can boot on the new SSDT, however running the tbpatch list command locks the machine solid, both within the 20 second window and outside the 20 second window.

if I access System Info within the 20 second window the Thunderbolt tree is blank. After the 20 second window the tree shows both ports but with nothing attached.
Let's try V3 (sent via PM) as follows:
  • Warm boot with dock connected. Does Thunderbolt Bus appear? If not, try hot-unplugging the dock, then reboot, then hot-connect the dock.
    • Then grab the Thunderbolt log as follows: log show --last boot | grep ACPIDebug > ~Documents/tb-log-1.txt
  • Cold boot with dock connected. Cold boot means shutdown and flip power switch on PSU to off for 10 seconds.
    • Then grab the Thunderbolt log again: log show --last boot | grep ACPIDebug > ~Documents/tb-log-2.txt

@Elias64Fr,

I see you posted a couple of likes so I'll send you the same SSDT files I sent to @svandive. Just for your reference...

Hi @Elias64Fr,

Some side-questions for you! :)
  • What is the exact model name of your Hackintosh laptop? Asus Zenbook Pro UX580GD?
  • Is Thunderbolt Bus enabled?
  • Does it sleep/wake properly when lid is closed/opened?
  • Do Thunderbolt devices also sleep and wake properly?
  • Any known problems?

Did That
Perfect!
Thanks!

PERFECT!!!!
i managed to install my Hackintosh following this guide but with some issues...
i could not complete the installation following the guide and using the latest versions of UniBeast, multiBeast and Clover!

I tried to use exactly the versions you mention in the guide (and not the latest ones) and all went well with the installation with no issues.

Gigabyte Designware z390
Intel i9-9900K
Samsung SSD M2 1TB for macOS
Samsung SSD M2 1TB for Home folder
64GB 3600MHz DDR4
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
2x Samsung Evo 860 2TB for Music folders, Plugins and Sample Packs
Use for Music Production with Apollo Twin
case Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev2

Everything is working fine except:
The 2nd Ethernet port is not working. But I think I will not need it. (So no problem there.)
I use a Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2 case and cannot control the case LED strips. The previous version had a control switch to cicle the case presets. Now my case changes the LED color faster than I change my shirt. Everyday a new color scheme. :(
Any way to control the led strips or the memory LEDs, without installing Windows?

THANKS FOR THIS GUIDE
I MANAGED TO BUILD THE PERFECT MACHINE FOR MY NEEDS!

Last edited:
Let's try V3 (sent via PM) as follows:
  • Warm boot with dock connected. Does Thunderbolt Bus appear? If not, try hot-unplugging the dock, then reboot, then hot-connect the dock.
    • Then grab the Thunderbolt log as follows: log show --last boot | grep ACPIDebug > ~Documents/tb-log-1.txt
  • Cold boot with dock connected. Cold boot means shutdown and flip power switch on PSU to off for 10 seconds.
    • Then grab the Thunderbolt log again: log show --last boot | grep ACPIDebug > ~Documents/tb-log-2.txt
First Warm Boot Captures:
I can see both Ports, but no Dock.
- The connection light (Blue link) is lit on the Dock
- Link Speeds now report Zero (0) Gb/s x2. (I love the x2)
See attached.

Rebooting now to try Warm connect...

UPDATE:
Interesting, after rebooting, the Thunderbolt entry in System Information is now empty (no Driver), Thunderbolt still shows under PCI.

attaching the Dock Post reboot did not have any effect.

Log 2 attached.

---

Going to a Cold Boot now.

Attachments

• Ceres_SysInfo_Thnd_3.jpg
    Ceres_SysInfo_Thnd_3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 58
  • tb-log-1.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 54
  • tb-log-2.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Some side-questions for you! :)
  • What is the exact model name of your Hackintosh laptop? Asus Zenbook Pro UX580GD?
  • Is Thunderbolt Bus enabled?
  • Does it sleep/wake properly when lid is closed/opened?
  • Do Thunderbolt devices also sleep and wake properly?
  • Any known problems?
  • Yes
  • Yes, I have patched Firmware with file from repository (UX550 named like that on DROM)
  • Yes, work very well with sleep/wake
  • My only thunderbolt device is HP Omen Accelerator eGPU, and it seem to not power-up, even with original firmware and I haven't solve that yet (Maybe Asus firmware doesn't not support it)
  • Yes, Touchpad don't work, detected by I2CVoodooHID but not more (also on ZenbookPro, we have a ScreenPad 2.0 that include a 5 inch screen, unfortunately, it is connected to GTX1050 dGPU).
  • I have also changed my Intel WiFi/BT board to BCM94360CS2 with an adaptator card

Back