Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the explanation of the functional usage of smbios, but does it have an impact on CPU performances on apps like FCPX, Logic Pro X and so forth?
Please search this thread for posts by @kenntkim66, @xanderevo, @NoiseCoalition, @DJ4MC and others who have switched to a headless configuration using either iMac18,3 or iMacPro1,1 in order to run FCPX, etc. In general they report improved GeekBench and other benchmarks by using those SMBIOS names instead of Macmini8,1.

Thank you for your tireless support for us new guys, much appreciated!

Do you know if this motherboard can output video through Thunderbolt but use PCIe GPU? Also will it work with TB2 Device and monitor using an adapter?

I have a problem with downloading Mojave again on my old hack (El Capitan). I deleted installation data, tried deleting all the caches, cookies just everything that I could find on Internet about it, and, instead of "get" button, there is just an "open" button in App Store. Even if I click it nothing happens. Has anybody ever encountered that?

Thanks!

After doing some tests with SMBIOS MacPro, iMacPro and iMac18,3, I am now a happy camper with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

Logic Pro X seems more optimized with the iMacPro1,1. The CPU usage is more spread between the cores and threads and playing softsynths seems like a breeze and CPU usage is quite low (Alchemy) compared to SMBIOS MacPro where 1 thread (the last one) is pretty high CPU usage. After running and testing with iMacPro1,1 for a few hours, I can safely say that I am more than happy running this system, and this is the best system one can have for a DAW.

Hi,
I am updating my multiboot system with a Gigabyte Z390 Designare motherboard. As these posts explained,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-1878782
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-1878787
the two M.2 connectors share the bandwidth with the SATA3 connectors. In this way, using both M.2 connectors I would lose the possibility of using three SATA3 connectors.
I’m planning to install maOS Mojave with Clover in a NVMe PCIe SSD using the M2M connector, and I need to install Windows 10 on a second NVMe PCIe SSD:
is it possible to use a M.2 to PCIe x4 adapter card for the Windows 10 SSD (to preserve an additional SATA3 connector and have a full PCIe x4 bandwidth on the NVMe PCIe SSD)?
Could this solution determine a reduction in bandwidth from x4 to x2 on the M.2 slots?
(This second question arose by comparing the user manual of the GA Z390 Aorus Ultra motherboard

that however is not provided, if I'm not wrong, of the direct CPU connection of the PCIe AIC SSDs unlike in the z390 Designare motherboard)
Thanks in advance for Your help.

I am troubled about Kraken 's correction problem.
I am using the graphics board vega 64, but clover's frame buffer name does not include Iriri or Kamarang. What should I choose?
I am grateful if you could help me.

I am troubled about Kraken 's correction problem.
I am using the graphics board vega 64, but clover's frame buffer name does not include Iriri or Kamarang. What should I choose?
I am grateful if you could help me.
I am sorry, I am not concerned with krake's fix problem, it is a problem of FInal cut pro's application crash.

Back