Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ,
I have set up my hackintosh by following your guide for Catalina 10.15.4.
Everything seems working fine except same problems with audio, which is crackling and randomly drops for around a second. Maybe you, or somebody looking at this thread can give me some hint about the cause of the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks a lot

Masikay

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread, but patching in OpenCore is a lot different than in Clover.

Clover allows a "Replacement" that is of different length than the "Find" value. OpenCore requires the "Replacement" to be the same length as the "Find" value.

So while the following code to remove "TINI" works in Clover, it does not work in OC:

Clover:
Code:
FIND:
FF5C2E5F 47504554 494E4900 52505330 52505430 00

REPLACE:
FF

Instead, we must substitute "A3" for missing values. A3 = "no-op". You cannot use a space value (ie, 20) or anything else ('AML is not ASCII'). A "Noop" will be entered for each A3 byte as a place holder inside the modified DSDT file, but is otherwise of no consequence.

So the correct Find/Replace for TINI in OC is:

OpenCore:
Code:
FIND:
FF5C2E5F 47504554 494E4900 52505330 52505430 00

REPLACE:
FFA3A3A3 A3A3A3A3 A3A3A3A3 A3A3A3A3 A3A3A3A3 A3

and would appear as in the Spoiler below (note the 21 byte equivalency):
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.00.34 AM.jpg

Hi CaseySJ,
I have set up my hackintosh by following your guide for Catalina 10.15.4.
Everything seems working fine except same problems with audio, which is crackling and randomly drops for around a second. Maybe you, or somebody looking at this thread can give me some hint about the cause of the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks a lot

Masikay
Hello @masikay,
  • Are you using the front panel audio jack or one of the rear IO jacks?
  • Audio layout ID is 11 (hex 0x0B)? This is in Devices --> Properties.
  • In System Preferences --> Sound, which Output device is selected?

Instead, we must substitute "A3" for missing values. A3 = "no-op". You cannot use a space value (ie, 20) or anything else ('AML is not ASCII'). A "Noop" will be entered for each A3 byte as a place holder inside the modified DSDT file, but is otherwise of no consequence.
This is very helpful. By the way, what does a No-Op look like in the disassembled code?

**Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer **
** Please do not quote this guide in any post -- use a link instead **
**Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer **
** Please do not quote this guide in any post -- use a link instead **
I have a problem with the installation. When I boot from the USB, Clover opens. I boot from install Mac OS Catalina but it remains for an undetermined time on the apple logo doing nothing,
Can you help me?

Hello!

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? It came up with Clover_r5111 and 10.15.4.

Immediately after departure: Error: Already started returned from OpenRuntime.efi
I haven't seen anything like it yet.

What can cause it?
Actually, yes. Looks like another memory drive was added when you updated clover. Check your UEFI folder and see if Aptiomemoryfix.efi was added and delete it.

Hello @CaseySJ,

thanks a lot for replying;
  • I'm using the rear IO green jack output for the speakers and the front panel for the headphones; both have the same problem.
  • Do you mean Devices --> Properties in Clover? I don't have any value in Properties
  • In System Preferences --> Sound, the Output selected is Internal Speakers (Headphones when the headphones are connected)

Hi,

I'm a bit lost. I switched from iMacPro to IMac19,1 because of the use of SideCar; and I don't use Final Cut Pro for heavy work. For me the new WEG did not work with IMacPro profile. I have a Vega 56.
All is stable and running fast as before; SideCar is working great again. But.. I lost my HEVC and X265 hardware encoding.

I use latest OpenCore, all kext updated, IGPU disabled in BIOS.
ATV is working, but not Netflix in Safari (have to check that also..).
Attached my config.plist of OpenCore NDK 0.5.7.

I tried with and without PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) in config.plist

Hope somebody can help me!

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.7 KB · Views: 70
Correct -- UAD devices are among the most compatible. We do not need to activate Thunderbolt Bus. Instead, by simply following the build guide and nothing more, Thunderbolt will work with nearly all UAD devices. It may be necessary to install latest firmware on the UAD device and the latest drivers in macOS.
Great! I am glad I asked the question before venturing down that rabbit hole.

I have a problem with the installation. When I boot from the USB, Clover opens. I boot from install Mac OS Catalina but it remains for an undetermined time on the apple logo doing nothing,
Can you help me?
At the Clover Boot Menu press spacebar to show a set of options. Use arrow keys to move to Verbose and press spacebar to toggle it on. Press ESC to return to main menu and try to boot the installer again. What happens?

Are you performing a fresh installation of Catalina or an upgrade from earlier version of macOS?

Back