Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi to all.
Installed Clover 5110.
Updated Lilu,AppleALC,WhateverGreen,VirtualSMC to new version.
OcQuirks 20.1.
10.15.4 SU

Never had a Hackintosh working so well!!
Thanks again to CaseySJ.

Is that a Corsair all-in-one liquid cooler? If so, does it have a USB connection?

At this point it may be a good idea to install the card back into the bottom PCIe x1 slot and perform a CMOS Reset by shorting two pins on the motherboard as explained in the Designare user's manual. After a CMOS Reset we need to (a) configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults, and (b) check and re-unlock MSR 0xE2 if and only if you had previously unlocked it.
YES, I'm using a Corsair all-in-one liquid cooler(H100i pro) with a micro-usb cable, but I haven't used this usb cable yet.

I tried reseting BIOS by shorting two pins or removing the button battery for a while and re-unlocked MSR 0xE2 for native nvram. then booting into the system, clicking sleep in the top left menu bar. after that my RAM light was turned off, so the problem still exits...... even if I unplug the bluetooth usb cable and only use WIFI on the PCIE card. Updating BIOS version to F9b also did not fix the problem. I think I am considering giving up on this......

Thanks for sharing your experience, maybe I will try this out in a few days.

Be careful with the adapter you order, though. My first hit was amiss, because the BT cable plug collided with the heatsink. I had to search a while, but then I found one, where the header-cable was directly soldered to the adapter. Happy ever since :thumbup:

With Radeon VII, you only lose the middle two DisplayPorts. The HDMI and the DisplayPort furthest from HDMI will still work. As far as I can tell, that's the only down side to removing WhateverGreen.

If/when removing WhateverGreen, we need to rename GFX0 to IGPU and PEGP to GFX0 (in that order). This can be done in config.plist. The same can be done in both Clover and OpenCore.
View attachment 461011

When using IGPU heedlessly, you really don't need to set any ig-platform-id or device-id. macOS should auto detect and configure it automatically.

Correct, the pinkish/purpleish lines are just cosmetic.

@rj510 @pastrychef Problem solved. Sleep working again. No more random freezes. Removed WEG rom EFI Partition and applied the two patches in config.plist in shown order. I do not see any purple lines though. @CaseySJ might be an addition to the wake/sleep problems guide?

I just updated to clover 5110 on the backup disk, but clover's boot menu is unreadable.
the background color, blue does not allow me to read the options because the font is too small, how can I change the background color and font size?

Hai @CaseySJ , i think you got confused, i dont have any issues with the clover boot menu or anything regarding the boot options of clover. My issue is that iam getting two boot volumes with same name (Internal SSD) in my "BIOS boot menu". When you press F12 you will get a boot menu no?...in that option iam having 2 volumes with same name....thats the issue...don't know y its happening....:)
I see! That problem can often be fixed in one of two ways:
  • Shutdown and remove power cable for 10 seconds.
  • If that doesn’t work, perform a CMOS Reset and configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults. After CMOS Reset we should also double check that MSR 0xE2 is still locked.

I just updated to clover 5110 on the backup disk, but clover's boot menu is unreadable.
the background color, blue does not allow me to read the options because the font is too small, how can I change the background color and font size?
Clover has changed the way that it works with themes, try a new compatible theme.

YES, I'm using a Corsair all-in-one liquid cooler(H100i pro) with a micro-usb cable, but I haven't used this usb cable yet.

I tried reseting BIOS by shorting two pins or removing the button battery for a while and re-unlocked MSR 0xE2 for native nvram. then booting into the system, clicking sleep in the top left menu bar. after that my RAM light was turned off, so the problem still exits...... even if I unplug the bluetooth usb cable and only use WIFI on the PCIE card. Updating BIOS version to F9b also did not fix the problem. I think I am considering giving up on this......
I would suggest some final options:
  • Do a fresh install of macOS on a spare SSD with the card installed in the system and Bluetooth cable plugged into F_USB. You can always erase this disk later, but it takes about 1 hour to install macOS from scratch on a spare disk (cheap SATA SSD) See if the problem still exists.
  • Also re-configure all BIOS parameters starting with Load Optimized Defaults. Enable Above 4G Decoding. And try enabling and disabling CSM Support in BIOS.
  • Finally, if you can, try replacing the card. If you purchased from a retailer like Amazon, you can have it exchanged.
  • Also open System Information, click on Bluetooth and post a screenshot (you may blank out any private info).

Clover has changed the way that it works with themes, try a new compatible theme.

When I tried to use old themes, I had a system halt error. With the themes downloaded with Clover Theme Manager, everything is fine. But there is a problem with Clover 5110.

Back