Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Have you tried the OpenCore 0.5.7 Mini-Guide for Designare Z390?

I just used that and I guess that fixed it.. All of the efis under Tools are all showing up in the OpenCore boot picker - do you have any idea how to remove them?

Last edited:
I just used that and I guess that fixed it.. All of the efis under Tools are all showing up in the OpenCore boot picker - do you have any idea how to remove them?
The ZIP file in OpenCore mini-guide does not have this problem. It does, however, expose UEFI Shell.

The ZIP file in OpenCore mini-guide does not have this problem. It does, however, expose UEFI Shell.

I used the zip file exactly as you have posted (0.5.7) and all of the tool files in the EFI show — you don’t have that problem?

I used the zip file exactly as you have posted (0.5.7) and all of the tool files in the EFI show — you don’t have that problem?
The parameters that would affect that are the ones highlighted below. In my case the only tool that appears is OpenShell.
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.47.56 PM.png

oh in your file you have many many more tools in the EFI folder -can I remove all of them other than openshell?
Are you looking at the OpenCore 0.5.7 ZIP file? Its filename in the Mini-Guide is:

OpenCore-STANDARD-0.5.7 for Designare Z390 - NVRAM.zip

That one's MISC section is configured the same way as the STANDARD. Post a screenshot of your MISC section.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 7.31.49 PM.png

I did do a clean shot (CMd shift R) to see my mapped usb file

Last edited:
View attachment 461109

I did do a clean shot (CMd shift R) to see my mapped usb file
You have BootKicker.efi under Tools, and maybe there are others. But the OpenCore mini-guide is different. You have modified your config.plist whether intentionally or accidentally. Just remove the unneeded entries from Tools.
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.50.53 PM.png

Back