Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

After I log on (OSX) I then startup VMware Fusion with my Win10 instance which then controls all of the Corsair components.

Lam

Yes, but even macOS your fanless is very high like me ?

what is problem with F9B ?

You think it is better for with my new motherboard to have F8 ? because i'm on F9B
There is nothing wrong with F9B.

Hi @CaseySJ,

Do you recommend moving to this (USBPorts.kext) for 10.15.3 and 10.15.4 at this point?

Thanks!
Lam
No, because I created this for Thunderbolt SSDT testing and didn't realize it was still installed. The problem with this USBPorts.kext is that it's hard-coded for iMac19,1 only. To support other system definitions it would be necessary to modify the kext. The benefit of the existing SSDT-based solution (which requires USBInjectAll.kext) is that it is already compatible with many different system definitions. Moreover, USBInjectAll.kext supports a number of Boot Arguments that allow us to turn it off, disable HSxx ports, disable SSxx ports, selectively enable or disable any port, etc.

Are you using the same ACPI and Kernel settings?

Yes, Additionaly i'm injecting headless gpu to `ig-platform-id`

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) - AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0300923E

and Audio device

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) - layout-id = 0x01

Worth mentioning that i have dual monitors attached to my dGPU, I tried to connect one to the thunderbolt while the other one remained connected to the dGPU (5700XT), crashed everytime

After I log on (OSX) I then startup VMware Fusion with my Win10 instance which then controls all of the Corsair components.

Lam
@cylsfar,

There is a macOS utility called liquidctl that can control the Corsair H115i. It can be installed from Terminal by (a) installing Homebrew and then (b) installing liquidctl.
  • Install Homebrew:
    /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"
  • Install liquidctl:
    brew install liquidctl
  • Please look at this spoiler in Post #1 for all of the details:
    Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.54.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.50.43 PM.png

Yes, Additionaly i'm injecting headless gpu to `ig-platform-id`

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) - AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0300923E

and Audio device

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) - layout-id = 0x01
I can check if your Thunderbolt SSDT is loading properly if you can do this:
  • Run Terminal and type: log show --last boot | grep ACPI > ~/Documents/ssdt-log.txt
  • This will create a file in your Documents folder called ssdt-log.txt.
  • Please post that file.
  • Also, it's better to change your audio Layout-ID to 0x0B (decimal 11). This is already done in the OpenCore ZIP file via boot argument alcid=11.
  • In BIOS, have you set Thunderbolt Security to No Security?
Worth mentioning that i have dual monitors attached to my dGPU, I tried to connect one to the thunderbolt while the other one remained connected to the dGPU (5700XT), crashed everytime
  • Did you connect short DisplayPort cable from AMD GPU to DP-In on the rear IO panel?
  • And then connect monitor to the Thunderbolt port closest to the HDMI port?

Last edited:
You can't use sidecar and Netflix in the same time, even on real Mac (main screen or iPad). Listen CaseySJ!

Okay I'm gonna ask the obvious question: If you're watching Netflix in Sidecar, why not just run the Netflix app on the iPad? :)

Hi @StefanAM @CaseySJ.
Thanks for your responses. I've tested this on my MacBook Pro and Sidecar. You are right if I use Safari as the browser I can't see on either. The Brave browser will allow viewing on both if I have the Widevine DRM extension loaded in Brave (chrome based engine). So my comment about a real mac is not true.

But the original question was why if I use shikigva=80 to overcome DRM and allow Safari to play Netflix DRM does my Sidecar display connect with a black screen. Maybe there is a magic shikigva= bitwise number that will allow this to happen.

I did see a list of all the shikigva bitwise options, but for the life of me I can' seem to find it.

I really want to use Safari as my main browser with DRM ability on any of my three monitors and or Sidecar.:)

I created a new EFI folder for that system on a USB flash disk maybe 2 days ago using the procedure in the 10.15.4 Catalina Mini-Guide (and the files from the ZIP attached there).

I used config-AMD-GPU.plist and copied/pasted the SMBIOS/RtVariables sections from old config.plist into this file, then renamed it to config.plist.

Then I made sure MSR 0xE2 was unlocked (native NVRAM) and Clover "rc" scripts were deleted.

After booting from the USB flash disk, I verified that Catalina 10.15.4 was able to load and run just fine. Then I copied the EFI folder from USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the Catalina internal SSD.

And then today I ran the Combo Update with no issues at all. And yes those leftover install volumes are completely and totally gone.

thanks, something to consider tomorrow, I've been back and forth on 10.15.3 and .4 a couple of times today which is more than enough.

In BIOS, have you set Thunderbolt Security to No Security?

BIOS -
Security Level - No Security
Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

• Did you connect short DisplayPort cable from AMD GPU to DP-In on the rear IO panel?
  • And then connect monitor to the Thunderbolt port closest to the HDMI port?

No I didn't, In windows my tests worked just fine, is there additional things I need to do in my hackintosh?
1st Monitor into 5700XT DisplayPort
2nd Monitor into DisplayPort to USBC Adapter to Thunderbolt 3 connector

Attached LOG:

Attachments

• ssdt-log.txt
    48.2 KB · Views: 109
Back