Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

*** Mini Guide: Using Broadcom WiFi/BT in macOS and Intel CNVi WiFi/BT in Windows ***
[/SPOILER]

Any ways to not go to Clover --> Options --> Configs --> config-windows. or automate this ?
Thank you

I read your reply but I don't quite understand the "here one line deleted". Are we to delete or modify Method (TINI, 1, Serialized)?

In the duplicate of the DSDT file, I locate the _GPE / TINI section finding Method (TINI, 1, Serialized).

If modify, then change it (such as adding "_" to TINI: Method (_TINI, 1, Serialized), save the file. Next, use Hex Fiend to see difference location. In this case, I see "Insert 16 bytes at offset 0x41679. This value is used for the Find portion of the patch?

Sorry, I'm not understanding.
@rj510
Update of my previous post done here :)

CaseySJ: First off, your Mini-Guide absolutely ROCKS!! :headbang: I was able to get Catalina 10.15.3 up and running perfectly with it. Everything works exactly as I need, so thank you very much.

Now, a few questions if you please:
  1. Do you have any updates for the Kexts or UEFI drivers for the "Mini-Guide forFresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 or Newer"? I noticed that there are newer minor revisions, but didn't want to update without checking on compatibility.
  2. Do you recommend updating to Clover V5.0 r5106 or other version?
  3. Any suggestions for successfully dual-booting Mac and Windows 10 (on a separate NVMe)?
Again, thank you for all the hard work you and other have put into this guide. I'm ecstatic to have my first full functional and completely stable Hackintosh as my daily machine.

Any ways to not go to Clover --> Options --> Configs --> config-windows. or automate this ?
Thank you
Hi @Bobby22

Have you tried this one, with Custom Entrie for Windows :
Capture d’écran 2020-03-22 à 00.08.26.png

Any suggestions for successfully dual-booting Mac and Windows 10 (on a separate NVMe)?

Only have 1 NVMe drive and only 1 drive total installed for windows installation. Windows 10 threw a fit when I had 2x NVMe drives in during the install last time I did it. Make sure to do all the windows updates.

Once it is installed, reinstall the macOS drive, select it as your boot drive. clover should now show Windows as an option.

@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr @Loloflatsix

Asus ThunderboltEX 3 --- FIN

This is NVM26. Will gladly fix NVM18 as well if anyone wants to test.

I chose to leave the Asus DROM in the firmware, however it works just as well with the Apple OEM blank DROM.

Elias, it was only four bytes that needed to be patched. Four. Just...four. Wow!

Thank you so much for your help and patience everyone. I know I've spammed quite a bit.

Oh, I guess we could change Vendor Name to Apple huh.

Firmware and SSDT (working TBROM, feel free to change UID after you confirm working) are attached.
IOReg/IOJones attached for double checking my work. Port 5 and Port 7 are good to go. DSB2 as well.

Cold/Warm/Hotplug...check

View attachment 456130View attachment 456131View attachment 456132

Thanks but not for this one : I really appreciate all the help ! :thumbup:

Not mach :
- The TBEX3 appears in bios but on MacOs No device on IOReg

- Return to my original FW backup and your SSDT and my device is seen on IOReg

Thank you
You found an old mini-guide, but that mini-guide says:

UPDATE:
This procedure is being revised after further testing... Please do not use at this time.

• You can easily use on-board Intel CNVi WiFi/BT in Windows -- just do NOT install any Broadcom driver.
  • This allows Windows to ignore the Broadcom Fenvi FV-T919 and use the internal Intel WiFi/BT module.
  • When you boot into macOS, there is already an SSDT that hides the Intel CNVi, so in macOS only the Fenvi FV-T919 will be activated.

Last edited:
Thanks but not for this one : I really appreciate all the help ! :thumbup:

Not mach :
- The TBEX3 appears in bios but on MacOs No device on IOReg

- Return to my original FW backup and your SSDT and my device is seen on IOReg
Did you try with no SSDT after unplugging for :30?

If still nada then that’s confirmation that I need to make a separate one for nvm18.

Your card is version B and mine is Version C.

Standby.

Actually I need a full back up first. Can you provide?

Last edited:
CaseySJ: First off, your Mini-Guide absolutely ROCKS!! :headbang: I was able to get Catalina 10.15.3 up and running perfectly with it. Everything works exactly as I need, so thank you very much.

Now, a few questions if you please:
  1. Do you have any updates for the Kexts or UEFI drivers for the "Mini-Guide forFresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 or Newer"? I noticed that there are newer minor revisions, but didn't want to update without checking on compatibility.
  2. Do you recommend updating to Clover V5.0 r5106 or other version?
  3. Any suggestions for successfully dual-booting Mac and Windows 10 (on a separate NVMe)?
Again, thank you for all the hard work you and other have put into this guide. I'm ecstatic to have my first full functional and completely stable Hackintosh as my daily machine.
Hello @jjsenecal,

Glad to hear it! To answer your questions:
  1. First make a full bootable backup. Things can and will go wrong at any time so backing up now is the single best thing you can do. Updating drivers and Clover is nice, but not required. So backup the system first.
  2. Then you may certainly install Clover 5106. I've had no issues with it. You may also install latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, and VirtualSMC.
  3. Tips for installing Windows are provided in a spoiler in Post #1. Please look for Tips for Installing Windows 10. All MacOS drives must be physically disconnected in order to install Windows. Windows NVMe must be in the upper M2M slot.

I've been using the following with no trouble at all:
  • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter (this is not Thunderbolt 3)
  • Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter (to connect the Gigabit Ethernet)
In fact, if you look at Thunderbolt 3 Experiences in Post #1, you'll find that use of a TB3-to-Tb2 adapter is very common and very successful. Just watch out for Thunderbolt 1 devices.

I asked because your previous post specifically called for testers using TB3 devices only

Back