Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Thank you so much for this amazing guide, very clear and well written ! I am a newbie and I installed with success 10.15.3 on my new Hackintosh. I am so happy and grateful !

@CaseySJ Thank you so much for this amazing guide, very clear and well written ! I am a newbie and I installed with success 10.15.3 on my new Hackintosh. I am so happy and grateful !
Glad to hear it — and welcome to the forum!

@CaseySJ up until now I had the exact same system as you have, but I can't seem to get the new OcQuirks Rev 15 to work. I used the files from "OcQuirks Rev 15 - Designare Z390.zip" as well as from the "Catalina Fresh Install.zip" but both give an error. I reverted back to OcQuirks-4.efi. Am I missing something?

View attachment 451456
Above results in below

View attachment 451457
A handful of people have reported this problem, namely:
  • The trio doesn't work for them (OcQuirks.efi, OcQuirks.plist, FwRuntimeServices.efi)
  • The duo, however, works for them (OcQuirks-4.efi, FwRuntimeServices.efi)
Try a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults. Also enable Above 4G Decoding. If you are still unable to boot with the trio, then it's okay to stay with the duo until the next version of FwRuntimeServices is released.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

As I explained I removed the 660p, used an external USB SATA III SSD and nothing changed.
All the components are brand new and they never worked properly. The boot issue started from the beginning.
Have you tried reinstalling macOS on a spare SSD without subsequently installing any third-party applications and drivers? If the base operating system is unstable then we can prescribe a set of troubleshooting guidelines.

Also, Iwas wondering, could changing the values of DVMT, Total GFX Memory and Aperture Size have a chance to solve this memory allocation issue?
Yes, this has been successful for some users.

@Elias64Fr @CaseySJ I have been following the thread within this thread on fixing Thunderbolt enumeration and just wanted to say thanks for the sterling work you've done so far, it's great progress in the right direction.@Elias64fr would you be happy to share your thunderbolt SSDT for the Asus Maximus IX Extreme Z270 as it might help me with the single Alpine Ridge port on my Asrock Z370itx/ac?

@Elias64Fr @CaseySJ I have been following the thread within this thread on fixing Thunderbolt enumeration and just wanted to say thanks for the sterling work you've done so far, it's great progress in the right direction.@Elias64fr would you be happy to share your thunderbolt SSDT for the Asus Maximus IX Extreme Z270 as it might help me with the single Alpine Ridge port on my Asrock Z370itx/ac?
Please see this post by @Elias64Fr -- and in particular the second attached file there.

**Mini-Guide for Direct Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 and Newer **
UPDATED 15-Dec-2019
If you have an RX 5700 XT made by
MSI, it might not work with this guide so please follow the previous guide (click here). All other brands of RX 5700 / 5700 XT can follow the guide below.
** Please do not quote this guide in any post -- use a link instead **
Hello! FOLLOWING YOUR GUIDE I managed to install Catalina successfully, indeed I congratulate you for the really detailed technical details. I have a question: the display port don´t work now previously working well with Mojave! do you have some advice? I have a Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5.
thank you so much :)

Hey, everyone! I'm new to all of this so please by gentle. I'm looking for the DVMT pre-allocated settings in the Gigabyte BIOS version F8 and can't find it. (I'm trying to get Mojave to boot up with the IGPU enabled.) Can someone please point me in the right direction?? Thanks.

EFIClone-v4.sh has been uploaded with TEST_SWITCH set to "Y". This puts the script in dry-run mode in which it will log all files that will be deleted and copied, but will not delete or copy any files. Please examine the EFIClone.log as described at the bottom of the procedure to ensure that ONLY files in the source and target EFI partitions are listed in the log. If files from any other disks or partitions are listed in the log, then PLEASE STOP AND POST YOUR EFIClone.log FILE. If the log looks good, then edit the script, change TEST_SWITCH to "N" and save the file. After following the procedure to install the script, it can be found by selecting Utilities --> Reveal CCC's Scripts Folder from within Carbon Copy Cloner. Edit the file located here (change TEST_SWITCH to "N") and save it back.

I've done this: check the log, it seems fine to me, edited the test switch to "n", and yet the drive does not appear as a bootable option in my BIOS. It does, however, appear on the Clover splash screen. I did not boot into it. But mounted the EFI partition of the backup drive when I booted off my normal drive, and the EFI partition is empty. I looked at the log from the most recent clone, and it seems to still be doing a dry-run.... But have a look at my shell script. It is edited to "N". The only hiccup I encountered, was when I went to edit the shell script it would only let me duplicate it as it said I did not have permission. So I duplicated it and replaced the original with my edited version.

Attachments

• Script&Log.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 50
Back