Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yep get the same message in privacy tab. But I guess its better to begin from scratch. Btw cant copy clover to usb if using the pkg file.

Do I need to replace config.plist on uefi with config amd gpu.plist?

Last edited:
Yes, I know KGP guide, I've been make 2 hacks with X299 on Mojave. But now I need for Catalina and to be sure, i'm on the bleeding edge ...:)

Thanks. Clover and configurator work as expected. Do I Need to copy the Qcquirks.plist to UEFI? Or only the .efi files.

Do I need to replace config.plist on uefi with config amd gpu.plist? deleted it and replaced it.

This seems to be harder to install than mojave. When booting I dont see the usb bootable drive. Lol. Begin from scratch again

Last edited:
The recommend solution would be to switch smbios to imacpro 1,1 ? I currently have smbios with imac 19,1 and old quirks.efi file. Would you not get less cinebench geekbench and overall performance with the smbios I heard the results are great on iMac 19,1 which I currently use. Would those attached files work with iMac 19,1 smbios? Yes those 2 memory replacement files are older but @CaseySJ never mentioned in the replacement procedures to switch to imacpro 1,1 or updated the section for memory fix replacement section on the main thread post.
I did not switch to iMacPro because of NVRAM. It is because I switch between Clover and OpenCore for testing, which is much more easy on iMacPro SMBIOS.
I never compared the Benchmarks. My system runs on 8x5GHz and is the fastest I ever had. I don't think that 2% faster Benchmarks will help me much.
Anyway, if OpenCore will make it easier to use the iGPU and I have a lot of spare time, I will go back to 19.1. Only do it if I am sure to stay because I don't want to have thousands of systems in my iCloud Account and I don't use the same serials for different system definitions. Also that means to change all software licenses.

Thanks. Clover and configurator work as expected. Do I Need to copy the Qcquirks.plist to UEFI? Or only the .efi files.

Do I need to replace config.plist on uefi with config amd gpu.plist? deleted it and replaced it.

This seems to be harder to install than mojave. When booting I dont see the usb bootable drive. Lol. Begin from scratch again
All of this is explained in the Catalina Mini-Guide. Please read each step very very carefully. The devil in the details.

Hello jiffyslot, is this for Mojave or Catalina? My setting under Mojave is Detect, so you put your kext files only in the clover kexts folder with the setting is Yes, so no doubling? I've read that that is possible with Catalina.

Best regards

I'm running Mojave. I didn't know that about Catalina; I'm on 10.14.6 and my Clover and kexts run from the EFI only. I'm running Pro Tools, UAD Console, and some Adobe crap that Catalina will break.

All of this is explained in the Catalina Mini-Guide. Please read each step very very carefully. The devil in the details.

I'm using the mini guide. Bootable USB is not recognized when booting. Will try another dongle. Thanks for the help.

"Double Post, Double Cycle Boot issue"

I have almost same system config as this guide..
Z390 Designare
i9-9900K
Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 2x16GB 3200MHz.

I followed this guide & got my system running with Mojave properly..

But I'm facing Double Cycle Boot (double post) issue... [Cold Boot->Power On->Power Off->Power On->Booting into OS]

Tried Re flashing bios, Windows OS with default BIOS settings, without GPU, Different RAM.. Same results..

Someone please help me out...

For Catalina we recommend:
  • Clover 5xxx.
  • OcQuirks.efi + OcQuirks.plist + FwRuntimeServices.efi (there are all in the Catalina Mini-Guide zip file).
  • iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1.
For Mojave we recommend:
  • If using Clover 4xxx:
    • OcQuirks-4.efi + FwRuntimeServices.efi (these can be downloaded from the link provided in Post #1, section Replacing OsxAptioFix2drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices (link).
  • If using Clover 5xxx:
    • OcQuirks.efi + OcQuirks.plist + FwRuntimeServices.efi (these files can be taken from the Catalina Mini-Guide zip file).
  • iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1.

I'm using iMac19,1 and Clover 5k with OcQuirks-4.efi + FwRuntimeServices.efi in Mojave and Catalina.
Headless iGPU & RX480, fixed NVRAM. Works OK.

What's the benefit of using OcQuirks.efi + OcQuirks.plist + FwRuntimeServices.efi?

There is a build guide (by KGP) for the older X299 boards, but I've not seen a guide yet for X299X. You're on the bleeding edge there! :)

If I I may contribute:

One of the two Asus X299 Sage motherboards seem to be more stable and reliable than most of the other X299 boards out there. I have WS Sage and it is light years better than the Asus X299 Prime boards I've had in the past. Others have the Sage/10G, which is very expensive, but has two 10G ethernet chips (to work on Mac, they have to be hacked, however).

I've heard of the X299X C621 Gigabyte board, but don't know of anyone who's tried to do a hackintosh with it........sounds very interesting, but until you have one, who knows?

I know of one guy who swears by his Gigabyte Gaming 7 X299 board......so there you go......

And, with my WS Sage, I simply added a 10G Sonnet Syba card (about ~$100 dollars, which is natively support in macOS, and drivers exist for that card for Windows and Linux), and so, by going with the WS Sage, I saved myself $400 over the Sage/10G.....

There are posts on github and on the X299 threads which will give you a fair leg up and getting them up and running. @kgp's last board was a Sage/10G on Mojave, so that's not too old, and his guide can still be useful.....

Last edited:
Back