Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sorry, still on Mojave. I have a test SSD with Catalina, but that's on an external SSD in a cradle, not 100% reliable.
Used Catalina twice for maybe an hour, no idea if it is stable.
No working reset button either.
It can be attempted on Mojave as well.

Please have full bootable backup ready before proceeding!

So, I banged on this for a while, but I can't seem to make the MOTU show up at all with your test.
Not sure why.
No problem. It’s okay to stop. Let’s see if anyone else can get to the Local Node step.

Thank you. Before I give it a try ,can I just confirm something
in Clover Configurator I have

AAPL,ig-platform-id 07009B3E
device-id 9B3E0000

Is it the platform id I should change and leave device-id unchanged? Also, should the value be exactly as you wrote it including the x "0x3E97000B"? Thanks again.

And, lastly, I should input it in the properties section of the device tab of Clover or should I be using Hackintool. I cannot see 0x3E97000B in Hackintool. Also, at the moment current Frambuffer info says:

model imac19,1
intel generation ???
Platform ID 0x000000000
GPU Device ID 0x000000000
Gpu Name ???

I currently have to boot from the USB install EFI trying to boot directly from the Mojave disk doesn't work.
If using iGPU, your existing settings are correct. We change platform ID to 0x3E980003 only with discrete GPU. This ID is specified in reverse byte order (0300983E). Again, no need to change if you’re using iGPU to drive your monitor.

I am currently fiddling around with Clover and native NVRAM after swapping out my motherboard from a Z390 Ultra to a Z390 Designare.

Thus far I find NVRAM with clover to be a bit more clunky than it is with OpenCore.
For instance, even though I appear to have native NVRAM working, the default boot drive is always set to my Windows install, even though I have lastbooted selected in Clover Configurator.
Could just be me though. Now that I have posted publicly about it, I will likely find some dumb mistake that I made.
That's how these things usually go for me. :)
My experiments with OpenCore totally messed up my NVRAM on Clover.
I have 2 NVMe drives:
1) Catalina with Clover EFI and emulated NVRAM (Emuvariable..)
2) Catalina 2 with OC EFI and native NVRAM

Everything works on OC, but when I boot with Clover, I can only read the Variable, that I wrote while booted with OC. So the emulated NVRAM doesn't work anymore. When I delete the variable while in Clover, it seems to be gone but when I reboot it is again there. So my "Clover" Catalina seems to see the native NVRAM, but doesn't make use of it. No Idea how to fix this other than to lock the 0xE2 register again, to get my emulated NVRAM back.

When I delete emuvariable.efi, nvram.plist and the scripts I have the same behavior. Therefore I think that opening the 0xE2 register makes the emulation of NVRAM useless. But even without the emulation NVRAM doesn't work.

Could you post your EFI please, that I can have look on it.

Last edited:
My experiments with OpenCore totally messed up my NVRAM on Clover.
I have 2 NVMe drives:
1) Catalina with Clover EFI and emulated NVRAM (Emuvariable..)
2) Catalina 2 with OC EFI and native NVRAM

Everything works on OC, but when I boot with Clover, I can only read the Variable, that I wrote while booted with OC. So the emulated NVRAM doesn't work anymore. When I delete the variable while in Clover, it seems to be gone but when I reboot it is again there. So my "Clover" Catalina seems to see the native NVRAM, but doesn't make use of it. No Idea how to fix this other than to lock the 0xE2 register again, to get my emulated NVRAM back.

When I delete emuvariable.efi, nvram.plist and the scripts I have the same behavior. Therefore I think that opening the 0xE2 register makes the emulation of NVRAM useless. But even without the emulation NVRAM doesn't work.

Could you post your EFI please, that I can have look on it.

Did you cleaning/resetting your NVRAM? (F11 in Clover)

Here is my working EFI for Clover

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30 MB · Views: 109
Did you cleaning/resetting your NVRAM? (F11 in Clover)

Here is my working EFI for Clover

1) you have EmuvariableUEFI.efi in your drivers. So you don't have native NVRAM but emulated. do you also have a NVRAM.plist and the scripts in /etc?
2) has nothing to do with it, but you have Aptiomemoryfix and FWruntime../Quirks. I don't think you need Aptiomemoryfix?
3) yes, I tried F11 in Clover. My Variable is still there. The only way to delete or change it is by booting in OC and change it from there in Terminal.

Hmm. I got my folders tangled up. sorry about that.
You are right, I don't need EmuVariable or AptioMemory Fix. I swapped over to OpenCore when I saw NVRAM behaving strangely in Clover.
I booted into Clover for some testing For @CaseySJ but im using OpenCore regularly at this point

Hmm. I got my folders tangled up. sorry about that.
You are right, I don't need EmuVariable or AptioMemory Fix. I swapped over to OpenCore when I saw NVRAM behaving strangely in Clover.
I booted into Clover for some testing For @CaseySJ but im using OpenCore regularly at this point
Do you have a Clover EFI with native NVRAM working?

Back