Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm admittedly a total n00b at this, so an error is certainly possible! Here's my EFI:

EFI.png

Hello @keenok

Thank you for the feedback! Please note, however, that if Fenvi Bluetooth worked after removing USBInjectAll, it means there is a problem in your Clover configuration. It might be a simple error, but the problem is there. Removing USBInjectAll creates other problems that you have not yet run into!

If you like, please post a screenshot of your Clover folder (from EFI partition of the macOS SSD) with the following folders expanded:
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did mak
If your system was running properly before making these changes and if you have a backup of that system, then please boot from the backup to make sure everything starts up correctly.

If setting Devices --> Layout to 11 did not work, you can skip that and try adding alcid=11 to Boot Arguments (in Clover Configurator --> Boot).

View attachment 444966
I did make a backup of the drive prechanges and double checked it booted fine before proceeding with changes so the backup drive should be fine and have all old files prior to the update on the kexts, I did remove -wegoff and skikigva value as I saw it mentioned possibly removing these with the update could it have been those boot arg changes that cause the screen to go black?

I assume when I get home I can make one change at a time and see what exactly caused the black screen I was hoping WEG update would address to idle shutdown so wanted to try with WEGon to see if it would allow me to use my display ports again

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nope, it's iMac19,1.
I suspect that your USB 3 ports are all deactivated with the exception of SS01. To check this, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you get to XHC. Then grab a screenshot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I suspect that your USB 3 ports are all deactivated with the exception of SS01. To check this, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you get to XHC. Then grab a screenshot.

For what it's worth, I did a quick check of my USB ports and they all seem to be working with USB 2 and 3 devices.

Attachments

• XHC.png
    XHC.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 60
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 Plus Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What resolution is currently shown? And what resolution are you expecting? Have you tried selecting something from here:
View attachment 444977

I am using an embedded theme which this theme using auto resolution settings. But I tried almost all resolution settings on the GUI section as well but none of them affect anything. I don't know WHY?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For what it's worth, I did a quick check of my USB ports and they all seem to be working with USB 2 and 3 devices.
Yes, your USB configuration is exactly right. There might be a copy of USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions. Otherwise I cannot explain why the ports are correct!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have succesfully running my second build. I would like to thank the community (especially CaseySJ) for the excellent and methodical support, the incredibly detailed documentation in this post and the knowledge deployed.

Thank you very much.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Yes, your USB configuration is exactly right. There might be a copy of USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions. Otherwise I cannot explain why the ports are correct!

Well, you figured it out! It is indeed in there. But having it in the EFI folder broke my Fenvi bluetooth so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯