Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi everyone. I finally took the step and did the upgrade from 10.14.6 to 10.15.2 Catalina. I did it mostly for tha Apple TV app which I have for one year for free beacuse of my recently purchase of iPhone 11. I did what the guide was sugggesting in the 1st post but I have a few issues so far and I would like your help. Messages app after a few trials and errors its finally working with my iPhone. Facetime isn't working and I can't see incoming calls live on my desktop. Also Apple TV isn't working either. It open the episodes from various tv series and after a few secs it closes automatically. I have authorize ofc my system from my account. I checked also from Videoproc that I have native support with h264/h265 and I ran a few benchmarks with Geekbench 4/5 to compare them with my previews installation of Mojave. Any help would be much appreciated.
While I don't have your system, I've been following @CaseySJ's thread here. Your problem might be solved by using the iMac19,1 System Definition. Others who have your system on thread might chime in to confirm this solution.

@CaseySJ or anyone knowledgeable. Im aware we have different boards but most of this thread is educational across the board so I come back here often.

Did anyone lose SATA when after your Catalina update? I get a panic/reboot if any of my SATA ports are enabled, even the empty ones. AHCI is fine to be on. I've tried moving my Mojave AppleAHCIPort to L/E and changing the version number to supersede the one in S/L/E but no luck there. I've tried in Kext/Other (I'm on Opencore but it's the same behavior same behavior as Clover).

I got it going once by adding AHCIPortHotplug to L/E via Hackintool but when I tried to repeat the process I got no joy.

Im going to keep searching but if there's a guide or nuance I'm missing feel free to drop a line. I'm on day 3. Happy Holidays y'all.

Also if you've seen this post on other threads then my apologies.

Initially I had the same thing, AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext fixed it for me per:

Initially I had the same thing, AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext fixed it for me per:

Funny thats my post! I undid it because I noticed I had said kext in both L/E and Other/Kext. Now I can't get it back to working. Did you install in L/E or other?

Funny thats my post! I undid it because I noticed I had said kext in both L/E and Other/Kext. Now I can't get it back to working. Did you install in L/E or other?
Ha! Well, I had it in L/E when I was having the issue trying to upgrade to Catalina... but apparently as of the great kext purge of December 21st, I don't have it any more and my SATA is enabled with no panic.

PS - I also removed Rename SAT0 to SATA

Last edited:
Ha! Well, I had it in L/E when I was having the issue trying to upgrade to Catalina... but apparently as of the great kext purge of December 21st, I don't have it any more and my SATA is enabled with no panic.

PS - I also removed Rename SAT0 to SATA

Oh the great kext purge is nice! Strange, I wonder what the heck is going on?

Im on OC right now.

Don't mind the x299 ACPI changes. They work on mine and have tried with and without.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 73
While I don't have your system, I've been following @CaseySJ's thread here. Your problem might be solved by using the iMac19,1 System Definition. Others who have your system on thread might chime in to confirm this solution.
Hi Stork! Yes, I'm already using iMac19.1 SMBIOS. I didn't have any issues with Mojave, and everything was working excellent. In fact I have 2 hackintoshes with Designare Z390, and no issues at all with Mojave.

I was thinking to do a clean install, and I saw the guide CaseySJ posted in this thread. But I have to do so many installations from the beginning again, and it's a nightmare for me right now.

I gave the unlocked MSR 0xE2 Register a test under Bios F8, Clover 5101 and Mojave 10.4.6.

I can now throw out OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and use FwRuntimeServices.efi and OcQuirks-4.efi.

The NVRAM indeed seems not native. When I delete EmuVariableUefi.efi, the system is not able to shut down and restarts very slowly. I also can not read/write a test variable to NVRAM - maybe because it does not shut down.
Did you uncheck KernelPM, AppleIntelCPUPM and all the other patches in the Kernel and Kext Patches section?

Back