Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

cool.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?
Let's try this:
  • I can post my screen recording later this evening.
  • Meanwhile, please enable screen recording on the iPad Pro.
    • Settings --> Control Center --> Customize Controls --> Tap "+" next to Screen Recording
    • Then swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen and it should appear in Control Center (circle icon with a dot inside)
  • Open a browser or other window, move it, scroll it, etc. for a few seconds to demonstrate the issues you are seeing.
    • Then stop screen recording. It will be saved to Photos.
    • Upload the video here or on a site of your choosing.

FYI... user psedog is able to boot his Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi using Clover without any memory fix driver. This isn't something I recommend, but would like to mention it here simply as a point of interest.

Hi

certainly an issue with the memory EFI driver. Same thing on my build so I need to boot with this one.
With iGPU disable and an iMacPro SMBIOS OsXAptioFixDrv is ok.

I found the solution with the help of xjn819 ,It is said to be a bug in Gigabyte motherboards.

• BIOS->IGPU-Enabled DVMT-32M
  • Clover->boot-Argument-slide=1
  • EFI->CLOVER-drivers-UEFI add MemoryAllocation.efi

Attachments

• MemoryAllocation.efi
    2.1 KB · Views: 161
are you attempting to install 10.15.1 or 15.2?

I had a similar issue with 15.1 that was fixed in 15.2 with the installer GUI on my 1080p monitor
Thanks! Now I'm up and running!

I see, it's 15.1. I had it already downloaded then App Store didn't let me download the newer version. I'll look after a direct link. Think I saw it somewhere.
Thanks for the heads up!

just search for Catalina in the App Store it should give you option for 10.15.2 download now because it is the latest release.And store the 10.15.1 elsewhere on your machine

Congratulations on the successful build and thanks for the incredibly detailed guide on the build. I am in the process of installing Mac OSX 10.14.6 on my build. Hardware build complete but i have hit a wall on installing Mojave. My components are: Designare Z390, i9 9900KF, Sapphire Pulse RX 580, G. Skill Rip Jaws 3600 Mhz DDR4 16gb x 4 memory and Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD.

I'm at the point where I am trying to install Mac OS from the prepared USB (followed your detailed guide to setup the config file on clover) and updated the BIOS profile according to your guide. This is the fatal error that i am seeing (attaching a screenshot of the error)
It shows a fatal error that says "Super100Device: found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x8688, Winbond sequence ID=)xffff" The detected device is ITE IT8688E. It seems like it is some sort of sensor for the CPU?

Any suggestions how i can fix this and proceed to install Mojave?

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I found the solution with the help of xjn819 ,It is said to be a bug in Gigabyte motherboards.

• BIOS->IGPU-Enabled DVMT-32M
  • Clover->boot-Argument-slide=1
  • EFI->CLOVER-drivers-UEFI add MemoryAllocation.efi
Thanks for describing a solution. This can be helpful to other LG UltraFine owners so I've updated the build guide in Post #1 as follows:

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 8.20.06 AM.png

Last edited:
Back