need help for enabling h264 ...

i9 9900KF
GA Z390 DESIGNARE
RADEON SUPHAIR RX 580
GSKILL 64GB ddr4 3200ghz
I changed
Smbios
iMac Pro 1.1
When using the i9-9900KF (which does not have an iGPU) we recommend iMacPro1,1 instead of iMac18,3.
  • Assuming you’re running Catalina 10.15.1, please run Hackintool, which will start off by showing you a list of system parameters. One of them will be VDA Decoder. Is it enabled or disabled?
  • Try adding this boot argument:
    • Clover Configurator —> Boot —> shikivga=60
    • Reboot
  • If problem persists, replace the above boot argument with:
    • Clover Configurator —> Boot —> shikigva=32
    • Clover Configurator —> Boot —> shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
    • Reboot
  • If problem persists, try copying dummy141.kext to:
    • /Library/Extensions and rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other in EFI partition of macOS SSD
    • Reboot

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving one and all!
@CaseySJ Could you look at my EFI folder? For some reason I seem to be having a problem that just started but is getting worse. My system will lose network connectivity and eventually the whole system locks up.
Hello @Anim8me2

No problem to look at your EFI folder but it seems to be missing in action... To troubleshoot the issue please add the following in addition to compressed CLOVER folder (you may redact serial numbers from SMBIOS):
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions
  • IORegistryExplorer —> File —> Save As...

It's been a while, but I'm back with my Bluetooth problems. What I've done since last time: I installed a Fenvi FV-T919 card which is recognized by the system, I unplugged the Mac to reset it, I reset the Bluetooth module too. Unfortunately, I have the same problem as before, namely that Bluetooth is unavailable after some waking up after sleep. Bluetooth is however visible in about this Mac. Now that I can, in principle, mount the EFI partition, what can I do?

When using the i9-9900KF (which does not have an iGPU) we recommend iMacPro1,1 instead of iMac18,3.
  • Assuming you’re running Catalina 10.15.1, please run Hackintool, which will start off by showing you a list of system parameters. One of them will be VDA Decoder. Is it enabled or disabled?
    • Reboot
    • Clover Configurator —> Boot —> shikivga=32
    • Reboot
    • Reboot
Thank you for reply.
it didn't work at all.
First of all, I am trying to install High Sierra. Hackintool shows me VDA Decoder is fully supported.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Thank you for reply.
it didn't work at all.
First of all, I am trying to install High Sierra. Hackintool shows me VDA Decoder is fully supported.
Are you using VideoProc to test H.264 and HEVC?

• Reboot
    • Clover Configurator —> Boot —> shikivga=32
    • Reboot
    • Reboot

Thank you for reply. It didn't works for me.
First of all I am try to install high Sierra.
But Hackintool shows VDA Decorder fully supported.

If we take the log at face value, it implicates the kernel cache. Whenever we add, replace, or remove files from /Library/Extensions we need to rebuild the kernel cache by running Kext Utility. So assuming that is the problem, we can try the following:
  • From Clover Boot Menu, select Recovery
  • If this works and the Recovery system boots up, open Terminal and type the following:
    Code:
    cd /
    kextcache -i /Volumes/Name_of_macOS_Disk
  • Then select Apple Menu —> Reboot from the very top left of the screen.
  • Replace Name_of_macOS_Disk with actual name of your macOS SSD.
If this also fails to remedy the problem, it may be necessary to do the following — but one at a time:
  • First, perform a CMOS Reset by shorting the 2 designated pins on your motherboard. Please consult motherboard owner’s manual.
    • BIOS parameters must be re-configured after a CMOS Reset!
    • Then see if this problem reappears.
  • If problem persists, flash the BIOS and re-configure BIOS parameters.
    • Does the problem persist?

so... I took the card out . I tried to get in with the Clover Boot Menu Recovery same result, I get the same log. I tried reinstalling but that also gives the same log. should I format the ssd ? whats the best approach?

so... I took the card out . I tried to get in with the Clover Boot Menu Recovery same result, I get the same log. I tried reinstalling but that also gives the same log. should I format the ssd ? whats the best approach?
Have you (a) Reset CMOS or (b) Re-flashed the BIOS? All BIOS parameters must be re-configured after (a) and (b).

Also post a screenshot of the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder from EFI partition of USB install disk.

Back