Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi and thank's a lot for this great detailed walkthrough, It took me around 2 hours to achieve a fully functional hackintosh with a Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56, My focusrite Clarett 8 PreX works much better than with windows and the whole responsivity of the system is incomparable.
This being your post #1, welcome to the forum! And glad to hear the build was successful. Did you install Mojave or Catalina? Did you encounter any problems along the way -- any lessons you can share with us?

@CaseySJ Hey. I'm on Catalina right now.

I bought 5700 XT and put it in slot 2, because my Noctua D15 didn't fit with my GPU. How to change for it? Or I cant?

How can I edit your "slot2" file for my 5700XT?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hey. I'm on Catalina right now.

I bought 5700 XT and put it in slot 2, because my Noctua D15 didn't fit with my GPU. How to change for it? Or I cant?

How can I edit your "slot2" file for my 5700XT?
As long as the RX 5700 XT is the only discrete GPU in your system, it can be installed in any slot. The only change needed is to set BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe 2 Slot. We should not use any SSDT for AMD GPUs anymore.

As long as the RX 5700 XT is the only discrete GPU in your system, it can be installed in any slot. The only change needed is to set BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe 2 Slot. We should not use any SSDT for AMD GPUs anymore.

I will try it, thanks!

I spend about 3 hours to find solution.

Now, everything works, if you have AMD 5700 XT you need add this one to clover:

last version of WhateverGreen kext

1. Bootflag in clover config.plist
2. WhateverGreen
3. agdpmod=pikera
4. BINGO
and everything will work.

I have recorded my verbose boot on my iPhone. how do I scroll the iPhone video frame by frame?

thanks

I have recorded my verbose boot on my iPhone. how do I scroll the iPhone video frame by frame?

thanks
That would be VERY difficult, and probably too small to be useful.
Transfer the video to a laptop or desktop, if possible, so you can use a standard media player to step through frame-by-frame.

thanks
When you play the video you will see a thumbnail version of it at the bottom of the screen. There will be a vertical white line that moves as the video plays. Touch the thumbnail and it will expand. Then slide that expanded section left and right to advance the video frame by frame.

Thanks so much! I am handing it off to a friend tonight who has built dozens of systems. I'm fairly certain there is something bigger going on. I downloaded a Windows iso last night to two diff USB's and I get an error right at the start. I feel like there is some kind of Hardware issue, but again, I have no clue what I'm doing so I have that working for me hahaha!

We shall see!
Did you download a Windows ISO, or did you use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool on the MS Windows 10 download page? The tool creates a bootable USB containing the Win 10 installer. I have used it many times.

Has anyone gotten the mini guide for fresh install to Catalina to work? Not the guide so much as the bootable installer to work. I can't get it to boot into the installer at all. Various attempts.

Back