Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700K + RX 5700 XT + OC

Hey Brooklyn,

I replaced the onboard wifi m.2 card with a bcm94352z (wifi and BT), before putting the rig together so it wasn't too bad but taking the system apart to do it might be tedious.

I would try getting the USB working first before attempting anything else as it might fix your BT issues if your board is setup is like mine, in the sense that the M.2 card (BT) is tethering off a USB controller.

Check Hackintool to see if you have more than USB controller, if you do they must be added to XHCI-unsupported kext's plist file (I used propertree, but any plist editor should do).

if so, then .......There are two USB controllers on my board so I had to manually add the device ID (attached a pic of Hackintool showing the two controllers) for the second one (wasn't listed before) to the XHCI-unsupported kext's plist file as displayed in the attached imagine.

mapping your USB is the last step, you will need to do it twice with a USB2 and a USB3 flash drive as you can toggle on/off XhciPortLimit inside your config plist's kernel using opencore editor, then merging mapped USB2 + USB3 into one then using the single file. I am taking it that you know how to map USB.

EFI folder is attached. I am tripple booting as well.
@Compman2018, thx for the detailed response. Very, very helpful. I'm going to try again over the next couple of weeks comparing your EFI to mine. I wish I had replaced the m.2 wifi and BT card during the build. I bet removing it will help me, just means I can't use my machine while it's happening and I need it everyday for my work. Thanks again for your generous help. Will really get me on my way to upgrading to Monterey.

Hi @Svart
I have almost the same setup here, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 but with an i7 8700K and an RX 580 (followed golden build 'GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz' when I put it together a couple of years ago). I had a working 10.15 machine running with Clover, and of course Big Sur broke it. I found your EFI and switched to OC, worked well. I figured I'd just get it going and learn about OC in reverse... which has also worked out well. Sooooo.. a couple of things were problematic for me with your EFI, which I fixed and thought others may have a similar experience.

0) Thing that works now but didn't with Clover (besides Big Sur, that's a big one...) - Both eth ports now work!

1) Only the front panel headphone jack was working. I changed the layout-id to 1 from 11 and my back panel is happy again.

2) USB map was not correct. I was able to use my SSDT-UIAC.aml from before and it's happy again - I removed USBMap.kext and replaced SSDT-UIAC.aml with my old one. It seems to still show too many USB ports if I don't load USBInjectAll.kext, so you'll want that. Also, don't enable XhciPortLimit quirk. Make sure your config.plist matches the changes. With my aml file and USBInjectAll, all ports are working in both USB 2 (HSxx) and USB 3 (SSxx) modes, and there are no extras.

I've attached the aml file, and a jpg showing all the USB ports and their labels.

Here's a working plist entry for USBInjectAll (I assume you can find the latest version of the actual kext on your own):

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>USBInjectAll.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Inject USB Ports</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/USBInjectAll</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>
Hi @mlrogers

I've got the same specs as yours. Could u get me your EFI folder? Thx

Hi everyone,

Got the same build (except GPU, RX580 / previously on Catalina with Clover 5122, worked fine).
Want to install Monterey.

Put OpenCore : I replaced my EFI with the EFI from @Svart, and modified like @HackaShaq (Product Identifier (iMac19,2), B. Serial Number, C. SmUUID, D. MLB, E. ROM) like in this post :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...80-2x-dell-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/post-2338671

Build an USB Monterey bootable (put this same EFI in it) :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...monterey-public-beta-installation-usb.313754/
and directly from another SSD (with my EFI) :

But I got stuck with the Apple logo, without any progress bar, with both ways (after 20 min, I did stop).

My ambition got lower, tried to install Big Sur (with USB bootable, same EFI)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-big-sur-public-beta-installation-usb.300100/
and directly from another SSD (always with my EFI) :
Same result with the Apple logo.

I miss something !!! Is the problem come from my EFI ?

Thank’s for everything, for your help, and Bonne année (Happy new year in french) !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.5 MB · Views: 33
Some news,
I’ve changed the config.plist from @Svart to look like “Dortania’s” (a couple of stuff were different) :
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html
I’ve launched the install of Monterey again and, it’s going forward (good news)…until it blocked (bad news) :
see picture and txt in attachment.
(NVRAM errors ??? : 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82)

Some ideas ?
Thank’s

Attachments

• 20230103_211330.jpg
    20230103_211330.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 63
  • opencore-2023-01-03-201517.txt
    256 KB · Views: 51
Some news,
I’ve changed the config.plist from @Svart to look like “Dortania’s” (a couple of stuff were different) :
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html
I’ve launched the install of Monterey again and, it’s going forward (good news)…until it blocked (bad news) :
see picture and txt in attachment.
(NVRAM errors ??? : 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82)

Some ideas ?
Thank’s

I had the same error. did you make a NVRAM reset?

Look here at the end of the thread the EFI worked for me!

Back