Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700K + RX 5700 XT + OC

By the way, WLAN, AirDrop iMessage, FaceTime, Bluetooth, AirPlay to AppleTV and SideCar with iPad work fine!
I have upgraded to OC 0.7.9 and iMac 19.1 recently. No issue with 18,3 which I had before but 19,1 is closer to the mainboard and its chipset.

By the way, WLAN, AirDrop iMessage, FaceTime, Bluetooth, AirPlay to AppleTV and SideCar with iPad work fine!
I have upgraded to OC 0.7.9 and iMac 19.1 recently. No issue with 18,3 which I had before but 19,1 is closer to the mainboard and its chipset.
May I have your EFI ? I have the same setup. thx

Hi @Svart
I have almost the same setup here, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 but with an i7 8700K and an RX 580 (followed golden build 'GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz' when I put it together a couple of years ago). I had a working 10.15 machine running with Clover, and of course Big Sur broke it. I found your EFI and switched to OC, worked well. I figured I'd just get it going and learn about OC in reverse... which has also worked out well. Sooooo.. a couple of things were problematic for me with your EFI, which I fixed and thought others may have a similar experience.

0) Thing that works now but didn't with Clover (besides Big Sur, that's a big one...) - Both eth ports now work!

1) Only the front panel headphone jack was working. I changed the layout-id to 1 from 11 and my back panel is happy again.

2) USB map was not correct. I was able to use my SSDT-UIAC.aml from before and it's happy again - I removed USBMap.kext and replaced SSDT-UIAC.aml with my old one. It seems to still show too many USB ports if I don't load USBInjectAll.kext, so you'll want that. Also, don't enable XhciPortLimit quirk. Make sure your config.plist matches the changes. With my aml file and USBInjectAll, all ports are working in both USB 2 (HSxx) and USB 3 (SSxx) modes, and there are no extras.

I've attached the aml file, and a jpg showing all the USB ports and their labels.

Here's a working plist entry for USBInjectAll (I assume you can find the latest version of the actual kext on your own):

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>USBInjectAll.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Inject USB Ports</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/USBInjectAll</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>
I have the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 with a replacement bcm94352z card. It works perfectly in Catalina but my USB devices don't show up in Monterey 12.3.1 new install. Your post might help me nab the USB issue which may also fix the wifi issues since the card is running off one of the USB controllers.

Do you mind sharing your EFI?

May I have your EFI ? I have the same setup. thx
here you go. have removed UUID, system serial and MLB, pls create new one
be careful, I have the CFG Lock option disabled in my bios! meaning with a standard bios without this option, OC is unable to write into this register. usually it will not boot. you have to disable manually if you have a standard bios.

if you find any wrong or stupid config entires let me know ! I am for sure no OC expert.

Attachments

• EFI-0.79.zip
    28.5 MB · Views: 146
here you go. have removed UUID, system serial and MLB, pls create new one
be careful, I have the CFG Lock option disabled in my bios! meaning with a standard bios without this option, OC is unable to write into this register. usually it will not boot. you have to disable manually if you have a standard bios.

if you find any wrong or stupid config entires let me know ! I am for sure no OC expert.
Thanks packman2002.
I use your EFI and successfully installed Monterey 12.3.1 .
Bios F15 iMacPro1,1
But some USB port not working. So far was OK.

i am still on Big Sur, latest version. USB is fine here, f0r Monterey i cannot comment, did not upgrade yet.
which USB do not work ?
The F_USB2 .

USB 2&3 working after mapping them separately then merging.

Attachments

• Kernel.png
    Kernel.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Kexts Folder.png
    Kexts Folder.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 81
  • System.png
    System.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 82
  • USB3.png
    USB3.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 82
USB 2&3 working after mapping them separately then merging.
Hi, @Compman2018, did you remove the Aorus Gaming 5 onboard Bluetooth in your hack and install a bluetooth card instead?

The reason I ask is that I have very similar hardware, but now a i9900KF and Radeon RX Vega 56, and I cannot upgrade to Monterey from Big Sur 11.6.1. I'm on Clover r5146 still and my system works well, but I can neither upgrade to 11.6.6 nor to Monterey, which is what I want. When I was troubleshooting on another forum, I asked for help and the moderator determined that I was getting a lot of bluetooth errors in my failed install log (I don't use bluetooth at all, nor does it appear functional), so that is what could be preventing an OS upgrade from completing:

It is a major PIA to open up my hack case, remove all the cards and mobo to physically remove the onboard bluetooth, so I'm trying to avoid that. An easier hack would be via the BIOS, but the BIOS f15a doesn't appear to have a way to disable Bluetooth in a setting. Would love your thoughts on this and if you'd share your EFI and USB fix (mine doesn't seem to work for certain ports after working well in Mojave) because I'd like to switch to OC and just can't seem to get it right after many hours of sweat.

Hey Brooklyn,

I replaced the onboard wifi m.2 card with a bcm94352z (wifi and BT), before putting the rig together so it wasn't too bad but taking the system apart to do it might be tedious.

I would try getting the USB working first before attempting anything else as it might fix your BT issues if your board is setup is like mine, in the sense that the M.2 card (BT) is tethering off a USB controller.

Check Hackintool to see if you have more than USB controller, if you do they must be added to XHCI-unsupported kext's plist file (I used propertree, but any plist editor should do).

if so, then .......There are two USB controllers on my board so I had to manually add the device ID (attached a pic of Hackintool showing the two controllers) for the second one (wasn't listed before) to the XHCI-unsupported kext's plist file as displayed in the attached imagine.

mapping your USB is the last step, you will need to do it twice with a USB2 and a USB3 flash drive as you can toggle on/off XhciPortLimit inside your config plist's kernel using opencore editor, then merging mapped USB2 + USB3 into one then using the single file. I am taking it that you know how to map USB.

EFI folder is attached. I am tripple booting as well.

Attachments

• Hackintool  pic.png
    Hackintool pic.png
    362.1 KB · Views: 63
  • XHCI-unsupported kext modified.png
    XHCI-unsupported kext modified.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 65
  • EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 84
Back