Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never use second Ethernet port.

I never use second Ethernet port.
Got it. Also I have faced with problem. System not load with you latest configs and kexts if one of my smartphones connected to usb. If disconnected, it load fine. Do you have any ideas ?

Also seems port limit not increased. Because bottom usb ports not woking.

Sorry about nubs question, but does it take effect if I'm install kext into EFI folder instead of /System/Library/Extensions ?

Last edited:
Hi, I have limited the number of ports according to my use, i never use patch port limit.. i prefer to configure them and not exceed the limit that's why there are two external usb deactivated, i have two internal usb 3.0 headers connected

The best option is /Library/Extensions in your system drive.

I in the EFI folder only install the mandatory Fakesmc.kext, the minimum, not all kext work in the EFI folder, always install in /Library/Extensions

Limit the boot devices allowed in EFI to boot only system disks

Fixed Kexts on /Library/Extensions:

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    975.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hi, I have limited the number of ports according to my use, i never use patch port limit.. i prefer to configure them and not exceed the limit that's why there are two external usb deactivated, i have two internal usb 3.0 headers connected

The best option is /Library/Extensions in your system drive.

I in the EFI folder only install the mandatory Fakesmc.kext, the minimum, not all kext work in the EFI folder, always install in /Library/Extensions

Limit the boot devices allowed in EFI to boot only system disks

Fixed Kexts on /Library/Extensions:

Hello, thank you for the answer. Can you please explain, why exactly "/Library/Extensions" folder better for kexts ?

I have using dsdt, ssdt and kexts from this repository: https://github.com/qinkangdeid/z370n-wifi-hackintosh
but with your config. Seems all working fine, also usb has attaching back after sleep. But I have small problem also. Maybe you know how to solve that ? (please look at screenshot in attachments).

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 9.31.46 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 125
Hello, thank you for the answer. Can you please explain, why exactly "/Library/Extensions" folder better for kexts ?...
Apple created the /L/E/ folder for 3rd party kexts starting with Sierra. Consequently, MulitBeast installs all the configuration kexts in /L/E/ folder except for FakeSMC which is located in .../CLOVER/kexts/other/ folder.

You have activated the XMP?
Try turning it off at EFI
There are cases that when you deactivate it (I do not know why) it stops giving the error

It is easier to have the control of the kext of your hack than in the original /System/Library/Extensions , they charge the same but you have better control

EDIT: there is the correct answer from a teacher Stork :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back