Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your work fontanero. Such a big help getting my system up and running!

Thanks for all your work fontanero. Such a big help getting my system up and running!

I have news, WhateverGreen.kext allows you to eliminate kext by grouping them in one
Running perfect for me...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 143
  • Extensions.zip
    975.4 KB · Views: 129
@fontanero
I have seen your EFI file can you please explain what is the purpose of the following patches as I see differences from Rehabmans guide for creating SSDT-UIAC
My PURPOSE is to learn more, Thanks

ACPI->patched->SSDT-UIAC
ACPI->patched->SSDT-USBX.aml
ACPI->WINDOWS->SSDT-UIAC.aml

both the SSDT-UIAC are different for port assignments

Been following this guide for my hackintosh and it has been very helpful. I've got my i7-8700 with the gigabyte Z370N WIFI board up and running thanks to everyone on this forum.

I have downloaded the patches from @fontanero. My question is what edits would I have to make if I wanted to add the R9 270 to the machine. I know that this is an unsupported card but it will work by spoofing the device ID for the R9 270x. I would also like to get the HDMI audio to work through it as well.

Edit: I am familiar with the config.plist edits but am not too sure what I need to do with the DSDT file to get everything running. Or which file I need to adjust from @fontanero's ACPI patches.

I'm sorry I can not help you with that ... I've never used discrete graphics

I'm sorry I can not help you with that ... I've never used discrete graphics
Not a problem, I'll keep looking.

Though I did have another question about the Intel HDMI audio. Like I said I am using your patches and kexts for my build but I cannot adjust the volume level when using HDMI audio. Is there a fix for this?

I only have a displayport monitor and it works well:
Captura de pantalla 2018-08-05 a las 19.19.07.png

@fontanero

Thanks, now USB works with proper power.
One new problem
Recently I removed the Toshiba HDD from my old MacBookPro15 and put it in this build as internal SATA drive but it randomly ejectects itself. The drive is HSF+ journaled boot drive which I am using as data drive to copy some files. I am using paragon Ntfs trial.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi, do not you have another disk to try? Have you tried to change port sata?
Have you disabled in power properties disk sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back