Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve hit a massive problem. After waking my system from sleep today none of my USB ports work. I can’t even get into the BIOS. I’ve tried clearing the CMOS and manually tried every port but nothing works. Did my board just break on me?

So I’ve hit a massive problem. After waking my system from sleep today none of my USB ports work. I can’t even get into the BIOS. I’ve tried clearing the CMOS and manually tried every port but nothing works. Did my board just break on me?
Try this :
Disconnect the power lead from the power supply.
Press and hold the ON button for 30 secs, then release.
Reconnect the power lead.
Test.

Try this :
Disconnect the power lead from the power supply.
Press and hold the ON button for 30 secs, then release.
Reconnect the power lead.
Test.

Tested, still no response from the USB ports.

So you can’t see or boot from bootable USB at post menu ?

I could see but I could not interact with anything. All USB ports were dead. I could not even get into the BIOS.

I was still within the exchange window for the motherboard so I sent it back and got a new one. Once installed, everything is back up and running.

Thanks, fontanero. This mobo was a lot more tricky than the H170 MSI board I setup last. I would have been lost without your EFI and Extensions updates.

Thanks, fontanero. This mobo was a lot more tricky than the H170 MSI board I setup last. I would have been lost without your EFI and Extensions updates.

This place is based on helping us as we can ...:thumbup:

Hi,if you need EFI support keyboard, no doubt, BCM94360CS2
It's perfect
Hello @fontanero how feels your hack ? Maybe you have some new updates? ))

I have received my bcm94360cs2 card from chinase guys. Seems it working fine, but I have faced with small problems like are need connect keyboard all time when boot hack. (It doesn't attach automatically). Before I have waiting this new card, I have been get card from my macbook and install it to hack (BCM94360CSAX). This card from macbook works like are real charm.. Attach automatic, works in clover and BIOS, POST. But with bcm94360cs2 I can't enter in bios and only can choose with mouse in clover, keyboard doesn't attach. Maybe you know what wrong, or know way where I can start searching problem ? Thank you.
Apple magic mouse 1 and bluetooth keyboard.

Problem has solved from morning, after hack sleep :) I have no idea how it happen and what depends exactly.

Also sometimes after reboot sound has not working. Rebuild kext caches has solve this problem. Does there any way to avoid this issue ? Still exist.

Thanks you.
Best regards,
Evgeny

Last edited:
Almost a perfect build

What's not working
WOL (only can wake it by pressing keys or mouse clicks else it will not wake, the wifi and ethernet both sleeps)
Handoff
Continuity

Using Dell 1560 WIFI/Bluetooth card(Have to put the brcmfirmwareRepo.kext and brcmPatchRAM2.kext in /S/L/E with kext wizard)
Have made a special SSDT.aml for USB so now the front USB2 and 2 USB3 active with backside 4USB 3 is now USB2 and 2 USB 3 is USB3 and I have connected one of this USB3 to my Dell p2415q so have 4 additional USB3 in the monitor. Also have put a .aml for USB power, so now can charge an iPad with USB
All the above I was able to do by following the guides and advice from @RehabMan @fontanero - Thanks

If someone can help me in solving the above three mentioned problems would make it a perfect Hackintosh as
Everything else works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back