Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] ASUS z97-PRO(Wi-fi ac) - Core i7-4790k - EVGA GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've tried that in mavericks and yosemite with no success. idk what it could be that works for you but not for me.

ill give it a shot this weekend. thanks for the help.

Hi man, I've success with chameleon 2456 and yosemite, but my system work only from usb, when i try to install manually chameleon to EFI and boot from it, booting going to stuck and reboot loops. I think this problem come from my Haswell i7 4790k not yet patched like other posts showed (perl manual patching)..this evening i try to patch official kernel ... everything work like this thread, the only problem come from booting from EFI (same Extra, same chameleon version..the system seems to loading kernel and first kexts but around NULLCpu loading it reboot everytime...)

Update: nothing to do, i've patched kernel for haswell but my sys boot correctly only from USB with chameleon 2456, nothing to do from SSD, any ideas?

I have same motherboard same cpu and corsair cooling and I got lots of things to work thanx to you but I can't boot without usb, I installed Yosemite. I can't boot unless usb plugged in ... Any ideas? I almost forgot my sleep doesn't work computer shut off and turns on right away .... I did try -v at multi beast boot screen and it's fine no errors there ...
George

For those who are unable to boot Yosemite.

Disconnect all drivers and use the HDD where you installed Yosemite only.
Make sure that all your UEFI/BIOS settings are correct, specially the VT-x disabled.

Before installing the Ethernet, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, disable them temporarily in the BIOS and enable only after installing them with multibeast.

BTW, when you formatted / partition the HDD where you installed Yosemite, did you guys checked the GUI partition instead of the "DOS compatible" ? Because this it's important too. If you are able to boot using USB and not the HDD, this is probably the cause of that failure.

I got all working but sleep ... as soon as I put it to sleep It goes in shuts down and turns on right away ? Any ideas? I have liquid cool corsair h80i could it be usb plugged in in h80i that monitors temp etc for corsair link?Let me know thank you .

Make sure that all your UEFI/BIOS settings are correct, specially the VT-x disabled.

Before installing the Ethernet, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, disable them temporarily in the BIOS and enable only after installing them with multibeast.

BTW, when you formatted / partition the HDD where you installed Yosemite, did you guys checked the GUI partition instead of the "DOS compatible" ? Because this it's important too. If you are able to boot using USB and not the HDD, this is probably the cause of that failure.

How do you disable Bluetooth wifi and ethernet?

In 6 years i didnt had any problem using MBR installation USB with GUID HDD, in fact Chameleon versions were always been able to handle both type of booting, I was able to install my EFI always by hand in terminal with the latest chameleon version. I think the problem stay on these last chameleon versions (speaking about v238x until v246x), I've try Yosemite Developer version with any problems booting booth from USB MBR and SSD GUID. Chameleon final version, IMO, have problem to read correctly YOS 10.10 final darwin kernel: automatic reboot come when bootstrap read all kexts and reboot when read the first darwin kernel byte.

UPDATE: I think there are three problems it must be solved by bootloader:
1) Full trim function on third parts SSD during booting from it.
2) AppleKextExcludeList troubles..
3) mach_kernel searching on boot by latest chameleons versions (v2468).

Thank you for your ideas, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Unfortunately I've never tested SDD cards because I don't have any, but that might be a issue for the failure in the boot indeed. Why don't you try installing Yosemite temporarily using an HDD and then, after everything installed and working perfectly use some Clone HDD software to copy everything for your SDD...?

For those who want to disable Bluetooth, Wi-fi and Ethernet, check again the first page. If you guys read it more carefully you would probably boot without any problem... :thumbup: :lolno:

Unfortunately I've never tested SDD cards because I don't have any, but that might be a issue for the failure in the boot indeed. Why don't you try installing Yosemite temporarily using an HDD and then, after everything installed and working perfectly use some Clone HDD software to copy everything for your SDD...?

For those who want to disable Bluetooth, Wi-fi and Ethernet, check again the first page. If you guys read it more carefully you would probably boot without any problem... :thumbup: :lolno:

This evening I've solved all problem following another bootloader, tomorrow I will write a post to explaine how i have success with this mobo, ssd and my i7 haswell..

UPDATE: like I promise, I've open a new thread with my final success installation here.

edit: just saw that you resolved the issue. good job!

Hi, I have been having some trouble. I got Yosemite working perfect, then I turned to Windows. Got that working. It worked for about an hour, then I needed the drive to boot into Mac. Thats fine I guess, and it worked. But now, whenever I boot from the drive, it just shows a black screen so I cant even enter boot flags. And whenever I boot from the mac drive, it just loops back to the BIOS. Any ideas? Thanks! Btw, I have Asus z97 pro wifi AC and onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back