Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] ASUS z97-PRO(Wi-fi ac) - Core i7-4790k - EVGA GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB 3 works too (if I include that option in Multibeast), but in general even the USB2.0 are working at half of the speed compared to Windows 8 speed, and I don't know why, maybe it's because the Z97 it's not fully supported by the OSX and the patch probably needs some tweaks, but this is just me guessing....

All Graphic cards will work perfectly (if supported by the OSX) and even the onboard graphics works pretty well with all accelerations enabled. To be honest, i'm really impressed on how everything it's working fast and smooth.

The only problem that I have with my Geforce GTX 750ti it's because this GPU uses the last Maxwell technology, so it's not fully supported yet by OSX, even using the Nvidia Graphic Drivers available, but some people are saying that they already tested some Maxwell GPUs on OSX Yosemite with success.. so for me that will the next step. But im crossing my fingers for Nvidia to release another build compatible with the 10.9.5 for the Maxwell family.

Sweet! Here is my planned build...http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/20D5KSV1LIVNR/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o?

Will everything be compatible?

Great! That rig it's pretty close to mine, even the CPU!

If you follow the instructions, I think that everything will work pretty well. But just one question, why the discrete audio card? This realtek it's the top realtek out there, the sound it's absolutely amazing and noise free because of the way that it was built, and if you plan to use this for games too, you can find a lot of great software to 3D sound, like the Creative SoundBlaster XFI-3 (Paid Version) and the Razer Surround 3D (Free).

You know, nowadays it's the software that makes the sound be great and by the way, that discrete Audio card it's PCI, and this motherboard doesn't have any PCI slots.. only PCI-e... Discrete cars where good in the past because the onboard sound really sucked, now they improved a lot and having a discrete its just a wast of money unless you are a audio producer that needs the extra stuff of some discrete audio cards. ;)

Great! That rig it's pretty close to mine, even the CPU!

If you follow the instructions, I think that everything will work pretty well. But just one question, why the discrete audio card? This realtek it's the top realtek out there, the sound it's absolutely amazing and noise free because of the way that it was built, and if you plan to use this for games too, you can find a lot of great software to 3D sound, like the Creative SoundBlaster XFI-3 (Paid Version) and the Razer Surround 3D (Free).

You know, nowadays it's the software that makes the sound be great and by the way, that discrete Audio card it's PCI, and this motherboard doesn't have any PCI slots.. only PCI-e... Discrete cars where good in the past because the onboard sound really sucked, now they improved a lot and having a discrete its just a wast of money unless you are a audio producer that needs the extra stuff of some discrete audio cards. ;)

I just had that on from before... I might upgrade to a Xonar or something. Btw, did you use a DSDT for this board? And did you follow the directions on this thread or the TonyMac Instructions. Are you dual booting?

I followed the instuctions but since I got the updated multibeast I didn't use any extra kext for the onboard graphic card, the kext in the multibeast 6.5.0 works fine and did not use any DSDT.

Im using dual both but I didnt' mess with the Windows instalation, when I installed the OSX I only plugged the HDD for OSX, and after the instalation I used the "Overlock Profile settings" on the mobo BIOS-UEFI settins, so when I load the "windows profile" the computer starts Windows and when I load the profile I did for OSX he automatically loads the OSX HDD, maybe because the boot option its set for "Other OS's" so he automatically bypass Windows that was installed to boot in using EFI security settings.

Quote PAGE 1 "CONFIGURE BIOS SETTINGS"
Under BOOT, change CSM to ENABLED with Legacy as first boot priority (opposite to all other Asus z97 posts claim the DISABLE option). Change Security to OTHER OS.

I followed the instuctions but since I got the updated multibeast I didn't use any extra kext for the onboard graphic card, the kext in the multibeast 6.5.0 works fine and did not use any DSDT.

Im using dual both but I didnt' mess with the Windows instalation, when I installed the OSX I only plugged the HDD for OSX, and after the instalation I used the "Overlock Profile settings" on the mobo BIOS-UEFI settins, so when I load the "windows profile" the computer starts Windows and when I load the profile I did for OSX he automatically loads the OSX HDD, maybe because the boot option its set for "Other OS's" so he automatically bypass Windows that was installed to boot in using EFI security settings.

Quote PAGE 1 "CONFIGURE BIOS SETTINGS"
Under BOOT, change CSM to ENABLED with Legacy as first boot priority (opposite to all other Asus z97 posts claim the DISABLE option). Change Security to OTHER OS.

Great! Could you let me know if Yosemite works if/when you upgrade?

I'll wait a little bit for some solid tests before I test by myself.
Im using this computer for work right now, so I can't take any risk yet.

But if I see some success case just for the boot only, i'll try my luck. But I have high expectations that Yosemite will work flawlessly, because Apple are using now some componets that are more close to the Z97 with the 5th gen intel cpus...and I can't wait to see some support for Nvidia Maxwell Graphics cards as well...because that will make my hackintosh be 100% perfect.:headbang:

EDITED:

Well...tried my luck today with Yosemite after using Time Machine for a backup and restore and what can I say? Everything works perfectly so far, the only problem I have is with the keyboard not being detected, so the temporary solution it's changing the USB port for another and then change it again and it works perfectly. Audio? Check. Wi-Fi? Check Nvidia Geforce 750ti using the webdrivers? Check!

Sleep; Goes to sleep well but when I wake up the computer, the display gets dark, probably the graphic cards its not waking up... any solution?

EDIT 2:
USB problem was caused by the USB3 Universal, so don't install it. Sleep its also fixed, just had to turn the IGPEnabler to OFF, because Yosemite after the wake up tried to use the iGPU instead.

Just run MultiBeast v6.2.1/2 selecting only the Realtek ALC1150 to install.

tried it and now i have no audio from headphones. im going to upgrade to Yosemite anyway so hopefully some of these quirks go away.

For OSX Yosemite,

Install the latest Multibeast version and then add the kernel flag: "kext-dev-mode=1"

After the reboot, go to the system preferences and make sure that the sound output are selected correctly, in my case was not, so just in case, go there.

For Sleep/Wake up, you still need the "Reset AppleHDA" software.

EDITED:

Well...tried my luck today with Yosemite after using Time Machine for a backup and restore and what can I say? Everything works perfectly so far, the only problem I have is with the keyboard not being detected, so the temporary solution it's changing the USB port for another and then change it again and it works perfectly. Audio? Check. Wi-Fi? Check Nvidia Geforce 750ti using the webdrivers? Check!

Sleep; Goes to sleep well but when I wake up the computer, the display gets dark, probably the graphic cards its not waking up... any solution?

EDIT 2:
USB problem was caused by the USB3 Universal, so don't install it. Sleep its also fixed, just had to turn the IGPEnabler to OFF, because Yosemite after the wake up tried to use the iGPU instead.

For someone about to purchase this board, this is great news! Thank you for keeping us updated :thumbup:

Apple OSX Yosemite
(ASUS Z97-Pro Wifi)

This is my 100% working configuration:

(USB 3.0 and 3rd Party SATA are optional - OSX works without this two kext. I didn't noticed anything changed on my computer performance. Only added the right names into the system/hardware.)

multibeast.png

My custom configuration:
boot.png

For Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, follow the Mavericks instructions. I didn't tested the Bluetooth but the Wi-fi works fine. Bluetooth is detected but with bugs, it doesn't keep a stable connection with bluetooth devices. Since I don't wanna "flash" the Bluetooth rom to avoid any problems with my windows instalation, maybe it does nothing wrong but... just in case... i'll wait for better solutions, so until then any USB bluetooth dongle will work fine.

By the way, for the first boot after installing OSX Yosemite, the "-v" flag will be good enough (just to check the progress) and in my case I only needed the "nv_disable=1" because my nvidia graphic card does not work without installing the Nvidia WebDrivers first... but if you remove the nvidia card and use the IGPU instead, just add the flag "IGPEnabler=1".

Sorry about my english, anything I can help, feel free to ask.

My specs:
ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi) ; Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti ; Intel Core i5 4460 ; 8GB DDR3 G.SKills Ripjaws 2133mhz working at full speed. Just enable the XMP profile in the motherboard UEFI/BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back