Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z87 Maximus VI Hero Build - OS X Yosemite (with Chameleon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide. I patched my 380, shows up as a 285 and greyhound.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 2.54.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 2.54.29 PM.png
    59 KB · Views: 187
  • Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 2.56.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 2.56.31 PM.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 262
What was the simple fix? I am planning on ordering the GV-R938G1, just wanted to make sure it worked OOB in Yosemite 10.10.5 or do I need to patch?

BTW, moving from a GTX 760

@DimitriB90

How did you get your Radeon R9 380 to work? For me it does work under YOSEMITE oob, but under EL CAPITAN it wont work: black screen after verbose boot with "No Signal" on all two monitors (DP and HDMI)

Are you using CLOVER or CHAMELEON as bootloader? If CLOVER, could you please be so kind to post your "info.plist"-file?

Thanx in advance... regards,

Mork vom Ork

El Capitan with a 380 here too. Black screen is exactly what happens to me after copypasting the fixed framebuffer, I guess the gigabyte model has a different configuration than the sapphire one. Time to actually put some work into the guide, or am I missing something?

@dr.kkarun

I can't get my 380 to work without safe mode on an installed OS X El Capitan system. It will only work ootb on the installer and recovery partitions. Booting regularly will never reach the login window from the apple progress bar, and booting verbose will panic, with amdradeonx4000 and ioacceleratorfamily in backtrace, with a loginwindow crash.

I don't have integrated graphics, so I can't test that, or be affected by its problems. I am also running a legacy bios system.

In the thread you linked people seem to be having the same problem as I do, though, and after reading it I am starting to lose hope this will work.

@dimitrib90 how did you do it? Do you get acceleration?

Simple fix??? I doubt, Dimitri joking with us...

I didnt have any problems booting my 380 into safe mode. -x -v -f just worked for me

As for the simple fix, I had nvidia drivers installed and I just uninstalled them and that was it.

Problem is that I could never get the acceleration to work. It was always choppy/laggy when booting and in chrome. So it was as if the drivers werent working anyway.

I decided to go back to my gtx 960 for the moment until someone posts a working r9 380 guide for el capitan.

-side note, my gtx 950 also works with the same drivers as the gtx 960.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back