Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z87 Maximus VI Hero Build - OS X Yosemite (with Chameleon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ bdmcgregor

You can't generate SSDT for ur Hackintosh in ur Macbook. I am attaching my SSDT.aml. U can use that for now. U can generate it after finishing installation. Add DropSSDT=Yes in ur boot plist if u use SSDT.aml.

Disconnect all usb peripherals, 1 TB hard drive, graphics card before installing yosemite. Connect HDMI cable to ur motherboard. Recreate unibeast flash drive and copy attached SSDT.aml to Extra. Edit boot plist. Use SMBios.plist for iMac 14,2.
I have always used USB 3 ports for connecting Unibeast flash drive and Keyboard/Mouse USB receiver. Didn't got any problem.

If u wanna use FaceTime and iMessage, better try clover.

U may get boot0 error after installation. Have a look at this guide. Best of Luck.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 143
Awesome, thank you very much.

Now the next thing which you also just mentioned is to pull my graphics card out. I wondered about this earlier, because I managed to get past the kernel error, but now it gets about half way through and then decides to cut the video signal from graphics card.

I'm assuming because this has to be installed after Yosemite has installed. Any easy way around this or am I better off just pulling the card for the 30 seconds that would take me?

Thanks again

I don't have a graphics card. I can't comment on that.

Unplugging graphics card, all but one stick of RAM modules, hard drive, wifi card, etc., are recommended for newbies. Now i don't do these as i exactly know what to do for a perfect install for my system.

If u can get the installer working with proper bootflags (or config.plist edit), then there is no need to unplug anything.
If there is no signal, then it means graphics is not working (propably due to lack of proper kext). Either u need to disable graphics or install with integrated graphics with proper boot flags. Configuring yosemite (at the end of installation) without graphics will be sluggish. Not the case in mavericks.

I have the same motherboard and I am unable to get the sound to work. The link you provided on your post directed me to change some line out, which I don't have. My whole output list is empty, but I have a webcam plugged in and this shows up correctly with it's in built mic enabled.

I've just ran that audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.3 script and it looks like it's done something.

patching.png

Im going to restart now and see if it has worked.

@ Pommy192

This is not a good time to sort out FaceTime. See 'Latest News .... 27th Nov 2014
New iMessage Activation Issue
' posted by jaymonkey. Keep on checking the 1st post of Fix iMessage guide for iMessage/Facetime fix (or updates).

Also there is no need to use so many kexts (NullCPUPowerManagement, ElliotForceLegacyRTC, 3rd Party SATA, etc.,) from multibeast for this motherboard. Delete NullCPUPowerManagement kext and use clover to generate SSDT (Generate P states, Generate Cstates, Enable C6) thereby u will get more options under Energy saver in system preferences and better power management.
M6H doesn't need fixes or drivers for USB and SATA. I have installed only FakeSMC(+plugins) and AppleIntelE1000e from multibeast (using SSDT for power management, Clover patch for Trim support).

Note: Unable to generate new SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh v15.6 (see attached thumbnail below) for i5-4670K in Yosemite 10.10.1 with clover UEFI, hence using old one (generated in 10.10 with chameleon).

Update [Dec 16, 2014]
Now, no problem with SSDT generation using updated ssdtPRGen.sh v15.6. First need to delete previously downloaded files using the following codes.
Code:
sudo rm -R ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
sudo rm ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
sudo -k
Generated SSDT.aml will be found inside User/Library/ssdtPRGen instead of desktop. May need to show hidden files (can download ShowAllFiles from this site) in order to unhide Library.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 1.21.51 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 1.21.51 am.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 152
I've looked at the thread with the issues to do with Facetime and I'm waiting for when this gets sorted out.

For the kexts, do I just manually delete them via the folder they are in?

Lastly, The SSDT, I might have it, no clue.

Mount EFI using clover configurator and edit config.plist.
Under SSDT, select Generate P states, Generate C states, Enable C6. Export configuration.
Open terminal and run the following commands.
Code:
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
Restart.

Regarding other kexts, don't disturb a working install. No harm in having them. If u happen to do fresh install in the future, don't install those kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back